Video Tutorial: Making a batchable bottom centered logo action in Photoshop

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Video Tutorial: Making a batchable bottom centered logo action in Photoshop

This video tutorial will show you one of the many ways to add a logo watermark in Photoshop.  This tutorial is brought to you by Matt Antonino, an MCP Actions BLOG guest.

This tutorial is for a creating an action that is batchable.  It places the logo in the bottom center for your photo.  It is meant for high resolution images.  It could be resized as part of the action at the end if you wish.

I do have a free Stampable Watermark action on my website, but that one cannot be batched, but can be placed anywhere.  So check out both and see what works for you.

____________________________________________________

Click on my example to go to load the video:

mcp-test-logo.jpg

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Hotchpodge: Survey | Reminders | and a Photo Share from a Customer of MCP Actions
Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrast

1. November 12, 2010 at 11:02 pm —

This is a life saver..after several attempts, I have created my action! Everything runs fine..only when I try to run it a second time on a newly opened photo, the action turns the new photo into the same image as the last photo. First photo is fantastic…subsequent photos all come out the same as the first. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

2. May 9, 2009 at 9:38 am —

I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

3. April 23, 2009 at 3:30 pm —

Amazing!! You are the PS QUEEN! Thanks for helping me learn more!!

4. November 5, 2008 at 7:48 am —

OMG! I have searched and searched for this type of information. Thank you so much for providing this, I can’t tell you what a relief it to finally know step-by-step how to batch process logos. Now as a special request I would love to see more options. Pretty Please!

5. August 15, 2008 at 12:39 pm —
  6. July 25, 2008 at 9:12 pm —

I’m really please i found this site today. I learned a lot reading topic in here. Thank you to making available to world this great site. I will make sure yi visit it everyday.

7. May 22, 2008 at 11:49 am —

The video will not work for me but I badly want to see it as I have been struggling with this for some time!

8. May 11, 2008 at 9:13 am —

Glad to see everyone loves the tutorial so far. I enjoyed making them. One thing about the tutorial – in mine, I put 2″ on the bottom for the second canvas enlargement. If you want to be uber specific and make sure it works 100% of the time exactly perfectly, don’t do that. lol Instead, put it 100px more than your logo height. If your logo height is 500pixels high, make the second enlargement 600pixels on the bottom only. That will ensure your logo works 100% perfectly every single time!

Thanks,
    Matt

9. May 9, 2008 at 11:03 am —

Try again Michelle – it is working well for me.

10. May 8, 2008 at 8:53 pm —

Is this not available anymore? I cannot get it to load.

11. Tracy YH
    May 8, 2008 at 11:02 am —

Thanks so much, I had no idea how to do that. Your blog is awesome!

12. Catherine
    May 8, 2008 at 7:30 am —

Just did this tutorial and I want to cry with relief! Thank you for sharing.

13. May 7, 2008 at 11:02 pm —

Of course I do – stay tuned and keep watching for more.

14. Missy
    May 7, 2008 at 9:46 pm —

This is so great!! I’m excited to try it right away! It’ll save me so much time! Do you have any more time-saving tips?

15. May 7, 2008 at 5:09 pm —

Bettie – that is a great way to do it as well – that is actually how I do it. But this tutorial was really good. Plus – older versions of PS seem to do better with this way. But yes – you can align it wherever you want. Jodi

16. May 7, 2008 at 4:17 pm —

I just did this on a batch of web images for a client last week. The only difference I do is File>Place command and then align the layers so it is placed on the bottom right of the image. This is a great alternative. Thanks.

17. ~Jen~
    May 7, 2008 at 1:13 pm —

Awesome! Thanks so much!

18. May 7, 2008 at 11:28 am —

Yes – it has to do with where you align the brush to and if you added extra white space, etc.

19. Julie Cook
    May 7, 2008 at 10:57 am —

very simple. Thank you. Is there a way to make it ON your picture instead of under it?

20. May 7, 2008 at 4:58 am —

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! I can not say that enough…I have been placing my logo into each file..not fun!! then i started to just writing as the watermark and batching that way…but ALWAYS had to move the watermark because it was never in the right spot…this is such a time saver…thanks for sharing!