Today I was doing one of my “One on one” photoshop trainings. These photos are all “seniors” that Melissa G. Photography shot.  She wanted to work on these as each had problems.  These were photos in her, “I like them, but they are not quite right” pile.

She owns all of my “MCP Actions” and so I showed her show to use them to make these photos better.  What a difference a few clicks in Photoshop can make.  She said I could share with you.  So here they are.

_______________________________________________________________

The 1st photo was just foggy.  It lacked contrast in a major way.  We actually ran this photo through the Complete Workflow Actions first.  The results were nice but not exactly what we envisioned.  So we went back to the original and used 2 actions in the Quickie Collection.  And here is the result – just from using “Crackle” and “Night Color.”  The lesson Melissa soon learned, sometimes it pays to play.  Some actions work better on some photos.  I am glad we re-edited using these, versus just be complacent with the first play using “color burst.”

quickie example 1c Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrast

Melissa took this shot at the beginning of her session.  The problem, incorrect metering. She fixed that and the rest of her shots were exposed properly.  But Melissa still liked her expression here.  So again, using the Quickie Collection Set, we first ran “extreme fill flash” which lifted those dark areas right up.  Then we ran crackle which helped the image look much more 3 dimensional.  And lastly she said she loves texture, so we ran “rocky road” which is a black and white conversion with texture.  We masked off the face and skin on the arms at a low opacity to blend.  And while this photo is not a prize winner, she can now show the one she really liked (the expression on) to her client.

quickie example 1b Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrast

This senior is just stunning.  Unfortunately she LOVES the tanning bed a little too much.  She tanned right before she came to the shoot.  And as you can see her skin looks quite orange in the SOOC.  Her hair also seemed to get a color cast from the skin and the skin was slightly uneven.

So for this shot, we used three actions, “skin cast blast” and “magic skin” from the “Magic Skin Action Set” and we ran the “Eye Doctor” to sharpen and bring out her beautiful eye color, and even added the digital eye liner to better definer her eyes (all part of that set).

You can see her skin tone looks smoother, creamier, and more well balanced while still retaining texture.  Her hair and especially skin have a more pleasing skin tone and the orange cast has been lifted.  And her eyes look sharp and beautiful.

for blog post ba Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrast

It was fun training Melissa today – and as always great working on Senior Photos.  Remember that seniors want to look their best while still looking like themselves.  MCP Actions can help you achieve that finished look for your customers, and in less time than doing each step by hand.

twitter Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrastfacebook Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrastpinterest Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrastgoogleplus Photo Makeover for HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS | Skin * Eyes * And a whole lot of contrast

Natalie says:

What a transformation! I love the last one, we will certainly encounter tan skin this summer!!

Teresa Pomerantz says:

I didn’t know you had a skin cast action- where have I been?- off to investigate. I also like the crackle and night color.

~Jen~ says:

I love these posts where you show us the great results possible with your actions! So inspiring! Thanks to Melissa for sharing her work, too!

Elma says:

Wow! I’m impressed!

admin says:

Teresa – it is part of the Magic Skin set (it is called “skin cast blast”). I also have a color fix action called “color fixer” and that is in the Quickie Collection.

Bettie says:

Fantastic transformations! These girls look much older than seniors, wow!

Carrie says:

fantastic as always Jodi!!!! Makes me want more more more of your actions!

Denise Olson says:

Wow!! you are a wealth of information. I stumbled upon your site through Tina Parker and I’m wow’ed (if that is word, oh well, it is now :)) Your Magic Skin set is a wonderful action set. Beats manual processing all the time!! anticipate an order soon. Great work up on these images!!!

evie says:

Oh great. can my stimulus money get here already? I can’t buy these awesome actions without it!

This was a great post!

Cyndi says:

Wow, that is really very awesome!! Love the before and after in the last picture. I always enjoy seeing your tutorials as well :) Thanks!!

admin says:

I hope yours gets there soon Evie :)

We got ours already – and have already been stimulating the economy – LOL

Melissa says:

WOW! What a difference. Very nice job. I will have to check those actions out.

Missy says:

Those are huge differences! I will have to look into your actions more. It would be good to see how to use them the right way too! Great work!

admin says:

Thanks everyone.

Missy – they do come with tutorials and instructions too :)

Jana says:

look great! I must have missed the eyeliner thing on the eye doctor action.

admin says:

The Eyeliner is the layer called “Darken the Pupil or lash line.” Sometimes the black pupil gets lightened in photos, so you can use this to make it deeper and darker. Also it can be used to add digital eye liner – or enhance eye liner that is already there.

Tracy YH says:

Wow, these are great! What a difference!

Jodi your work is awesome, I love the change on the last picture, very impresive, also the other ones are beautiful!

Add Comment Register