Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE – my parents

MCP Actions Website | MCP Flickr Group | MCP Reviews

MCP Actions Quick Purchase

My parents visited over Memorial Day weekend. And I took some photos of my mom and dad together.  And a few of them with my daughter Ellie.  My other daughter did not feel like being in pictures.  But after the fact said, “I am sad that I did not get in any…” Next time maybe she will remember this.

Here they are.  Let me know what you think.  My biggest obstacle was color as my dad is very tan, my mom lightly tan, and Ellie pale.

nane and papa boo visit 55 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 52 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 54 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 51 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 21 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 6 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 11 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 32 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 25 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

nane and papa boo visit 13 Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

twitter Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parentsfacebook Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parentspinterest Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parentsgoogleplus Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE   my parents

Beth says:

Jodi
    LOVE all of them. It was a great weeekend last weekend to be outside in MI finally.
    Beth

Desi says:

ah! you’ve caught some special moments here Jodie.
    very nice!

Krista says:

I think you did an amazing job. The pictures are great. The colors pop and yet the skintones are perfect.

Missy says:

Love them! I did a shoot with my parents a while back and it was just so fun to see them in love and through the lens!

Laura says:

Wow, what a nice-looking couple. Nice shots of them and your daughter is very pretty.

Beautiful pictures!!! I see you know how I feel about the three different skin tone issue LOL. Not easy to manage! Skin tones look great in your pictures.

Bettie says:

Jodi, they are all gorgeous. The coloring looks great on my end, you did well. One thought that came to mind were how smooth your dad’s legs appeared… ?? Precious memories – you’ll treasure these shots for years to come. Keep it going!!

LaRell says:

I especially like the expression on your Dad’s face in the 2nd pic! Very loving.

Melissa says:

Great job! Your parents look so young and cute together. After seeing their picture I am convinced you are very young! :) I have a shoot coming up with a family – dad is dark (Indian) and mom is very pale and the kids of course are a little lighter than dad. What do you recommend for this type of setting?

admin says:

Melissa – Nope – I am 36. They are 61. As for settings, I metered off my mom on the ones of both of them so her skin would be exposed correctly. Then I used my freee action – “Touch of Light | Touch of Darkness” to brighten my dad up a tad.

Melissa says:

I hope I look as good as them when I am in my 60’s. You did a great job and the images portray them enjoying one another which is what I really like. I had a feeling I would have to meter off the light skinned person. Where can I find your free action “Touch of Light / Touch of Darkness”? I didn’t see it on your freebie list.

Casey Cooper says:

Awesome pictures! What lens did you use for the fifth picture (of your little girl in her Little Miss Star t-shirt)? Great shot!

admin says:

I used the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS lens on all of these – it is my favorite for outdoors when doing both portrait and action shots.

Rene says:

Jodi, I love the way they are looking at each other in the second one. Great capture!

These photos are precious! Thanks for sharing!

Ayesha says:

I wrote in the wrong box lol. Here is what I said: Little Miss Star is gorgeous look at those beautiful eyes. I love the feeling of love when I look at your parents pictures. It makes me smile and I hope to find that someday with someone. Great job!!! I am also now going to get me some MCP actions yay.

Add Comment Register