Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE – my parents

Sharing photos of a couple in LOVE – my parents

MCP Actions Website | MCP Flickr Group | MCP Reviews

MCP Actions Quick Purchase

My parents visited over Memorial Day weekend. And I took some photos of my mom and dad together.  And a few of them with my daughter Ellie.  My other daughter did not feel like being in pictures.  But after the fact said, “I am sad that I did not get in any…” Next time maybe she will remember this.

Here they are.  Let me know what you think.  My biggest obstacle was color as my dad is very tan, my mom lightly tan, and Ellie pale.

nane_and_papa_boo_visit-55.jpg

nane_and_papa_boo_visit-13.jpg

OnOne Software e-seminar - plus 20% off for attendees
"Color Management" Basics by blog guest Color Inc Pro Lab

1. Beth
    May 28, 2008 at 4:16 pm — Reply

Jodi
    LOVE all of them. It was a great weeekend last weekend to be outside in MI finally.
    Beth

2. May 28, 2008 at 4:16 pm — Reply

ah! you’ve caught some special moments here Jodie.
    very nice!

3. May 28, 2008 at 4:28 pm — Reply

I think you did an amazing job. The pictures are great. The colors pop and yet the skintones are perfect.

4. Missy
    May 28, 2008 at 4:42 pm — Reply

Love them! I did a shoot with my parents a while back and it was just so fun to see them in love and through the lens!

5. Laura
    May 28, 2008 at 4:44 pm — Reply

Wow, what a nice-looking couple. Nice shots of them and your daughter is very pretty.

6. May 28, 2008 at 5:14 pm — Reply

Beautiful pictures!!! I see you know how I feel about the three different skin tone issue LOL. Not easy to manage! Skin tones look great in your pictures.

7. May 28, 2008 at 5:39 pm — Reply

Jodi, they are all gorgeous. The coloring looks great on my end, you did well. One thought that came to mind were how smooth your dad’s legs appeared… ?? Precious memories – you’ll treasure these shots for years to come. Keep it going!!

8. May 28, 2008 at 7:23 pm — Reply

I especially like the expression on your Dad’s face in the 2nd pic! Very loving.

9. Melissa
    May 28, 2008 at 7:26 pm — Reply

Great job! Your parents look so young and cute together. After seeing their picture I am convinced you are very young! 🙂 I have a shoot coming up with a family – dad is dark (Indian) and mom is very pale and the kids of course are a little lighter than dad. What do you recommend for this type of setting?

10. May 28, 2008 at 7:44 pm — Reply

Melissa – Nope – I am 36. They are 61. As for settings, I metered off my mom on the ones of both of them so her skin would be exposed correctly. Then I used my freee action – “Touch of Light | Touch of Darkness” to brighten my dad up a tad.

11. Melissa
    May 28, 2008 at 8:30 pm — Reply

I hope I look as good as them when I am in my 60’s. You did a great job and the images portray them enjoying one another which is what I really like. I had a feeling I would have to meter off the light skinned person. Where can I find your free action “Touch of Light / Touch of Darkness”? I didn’t see it on your freebie list.

12. Casey Cooper
    May 28, 2008 at 10:00 pm — Reply

Awesome pictures! What lens did you use for the fifth picture (of your little girl in her Little Miss Star t-shirt)? Great shot!

13. May 28, 2008 at 10:03 pm — Reply

I used the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS lens on all of these – it is my favorite for outdoors when doing both portrait and action shots.

14. Rene
    May 29, 2008 at 10:31 am — Reply

Jodi, I love the way they are looking at each other in the second one. Great capture!

15. May 30, 2008 at 7:52 am — Reply

These photos are precious! Thanks for sharing!

16. May 30, 2008 at 5:07 pm — Reply

I wrote in the wrong box lol. Here is what I said: Little Miss Star is gorgeous look at those beautiful eyes. I love the feeling of love when I look at your parents pictures. It makes me smile and I hope to find that someday with someone. Great job!!! I am also now going to get me some MCP actions yay.