The Secret Workshop: Amazing Cheryl Muhr & Secret Guest Brianna Graham

MCP Actions Website | MCP Flickr Group | MCP Reviews

MCP Actions Quick Purchase

secret_workshop-166.jpg

I just got back home from an incredible weekend with 40 workshop attendees, Cheryl Muhr and Brianna Graham.  And it was fabulous!  This workshop was so inspiring.  I love Cheryl’s style and philosophies about doing work you love and not doing things you do not.  And about making sure you price yourself so that you feel like you have self worth and are doing something incredible for others.  You are capturing memories for families.  You never know what life has in store for you and those you love.  And as photographers, we document life.

Watching Brianna and Cheryl shoot was fun.  They have completely different styles, yet both produce stunning images.  I often get asked in photoshop trainings how to imitate these two photographers.  And my best advice to you is to be inspired by them, but do not try to be them.  Every photographer sees the world through different eyes.  Let your eyes and your heart guide your images.

So… do you want to see some of my photographs of the models?  Here is a small sampling (ok – 20 so not that small) of the images I took and post processed.  I shot in manual, was at ISO 200, primarily shot these at 2.0-2.5 and varied my speed based on the light.  I post processed using MCP Actions – Complete Workflow: Color Burst or Color Explosion and/or Quickie Collection Actions using Crackle, Color Flair, Night Color, Sharp as a Tack, and a few others.  I also used the Eye Doctor on many, Magic Skin on a few…

secret_workshop-113.jpg

secret_workshop-122.jpg

secret_workshop-131.jpg

secret_workshop-140.jpg

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

Comments

johanna says

I attended Brianna’s workshop in NC earlier this year. Isn’t she amazing??? I’m still trying to digest all the information I learned. It was overwhelming and I thought afterwards that I could use a refresher after the thoughts, techniques, etc. had settled. Truthfully I didn’t feel comfortable showing my processed images from the workshop. Brianna’s work, her capture and post processing brings out something in her subjects that I cannot even describe. She’s fantastic. Love all of your images Jodi, particularly the chubby baby! As usual your post work is so beautiful. Tell us more please! I have many of your actions and would love to see a start to finish, step by step from you in a future tutorial. Using one of these images sooc would be great! Thanks for sharing.

says

I want to attend something like this, too! It seems like it was an incredibly enriching experience. Thank you for sharing these awesome photos as well as your observations from the workshop!

Lindsay says

Love your pictures would love to go to a workshop. Could you do a tutorial on making pictures bigger on your blog? I love how your pictures are big and framed so you can really look at them.

says

These are beautiful captures! Your images are always stunning! What an experience the workshop must have been! Would love to be able to go to something like that also!

Jodi, I’ve been wanting to write and tell you how much I have learned from you. I have purchased several of your actions and your instructions and videos are so well done. You are such an inspiration and so generous sharing what you know! Thank you so very much!!

I, too, love your large photos in your blog… I’m assuming it’s a custom made blog?? Wish I could figure out how to do it on blogspot!!

Thanks again!

says

making photos bigger – well much of sizing on a blog has to do with your actual width of your blog. I am not so much a web person. I designed my blog as a jpg and Teresa Stanton of Blogs for Photogs customized it to look like my vision. I can teach resizing but if your blog only allows for say 400px width, resizing bigger will not make your photo show bigger. Does that make sense?

Penny – thanks so much! I am so glad you are learning so much – keep watching for more exciting tutorials.

Jodi

says

Jodi, It was so nice to meet you! You photographed my daughter, she is the last picture on this post. It was so fun. All of these pics turned out great. This is the first one I saw! Thank you sooo much!!!!

says

Kirstynn – thank you for the pleasure of letting me photograph her – she is an adorable model. If you email me I am happy to send you that shot. I only actually took one or two of her. Just let me know your email address and I can send it to you. Jodi

Erika says

Just came across your website and absolutely LOVE these images! Do you mind sharing what type of lens you used for these shots? They are beautiful! Great work!! :) Cheers!

Juli says

Beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing. I watched your actions video and that was so helpful, I would love to see more of your photoshop workflow. I am just starting to use Photoshop on a regular basis and am trying to learn how to use different actions correctly. Thank you so much!