My twins are spending the night at camp – their 1st overnight

MCP Actions Website | MCP Flickr Group | MCP Reviews

MCP Actions Quick Purchase

So I had to share with all of you…  My girls are doing the “overnight” tonight at their day camp.  They LOVE camp, and have been asking for weeks.  Well I decided since there is only one more week left after tomorrow, I would let them.  So they are at camp right now.  Tonight.  I am so excited for them.  I feel like they are growing up.  They are 6 1/2 years old and this summer at camp is really helping them build amazing self image and self esteem.  I am just so happy with this camp.

They have gone on a pontoon boat, do archery, ga-ga-ga, paddleboats, mini golf, pony rides, kickball, gymnastics, arts and crafts and so much more.  They are learning to swim – they were scared of the water (but are overcoming that fear) and I am so proud of them.  They are just so much more confident than they were 6 weeks ago.  It is so fun to see.

Anyway, I had not taken pictures all summer of them at camp since they take a bus and now a van.  So today, before they left for the overnight, I took pictures of them with all their “gear.”

Here they are…  So pumped and excited.  Thanks for enjoying this big moment with me.

overnight at willoway camp 8 My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnight

overnight at willoway camp 41 My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnight

overnight at willoway camp 61 My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnight

My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnight

twitter My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnightfacebook My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnightpinterest My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnightgoogleplus My twins are spending the night at camp   their 1st overnight

gina says:

i LOVE this post…

Niki says:

That’s fantastic that they’re overcoming fears. I love to see children grow up and become more confident. But goodness sakes look at that gear! It looks like they’re staying the whole week. =)

Tara Stone says:

Yea, camp girlz! This is what childhood memories are made of!

Jennifer says:

Oh how fun! I had to google ga-ga-ga…didn’t know what that was!!!!!!

Janeth says:

Thank you for sharing this special moment with us.
    Your kids are so beautiful. And you are a great Mom!! I’m sure your kids will grow to be people who would affect their generation due to your example as a Mom. Keep up the good work.

Johanna says:

Love these photos and give you a lot of credit for giving your girls wings. I have a seven year old boy and a five year old girl and I struggle with their growing need for independence every day, but realize it’s my problem, not theirs. When given the opportunity, I hope I can be as brave as you and give them their wings.

Johanna says:

Forgot to ask…what’s ga-ga-ga?

admin says:

Thank you everyone so much for your comments. They LOVED their overnight. This week coming up they are gonna do it again. So one more overnight to go.

Oh, and all the luggage – well one was their backpack for camp thursday. One was their sleeping bag. And that last bag was their clothing and toiletries and pillows all shoved in. I think the pillow was what made it look like so much. But sure a fun picture as a result.

And ga-ga-ga – you know – they have told me so many times now. It just does not stick in my head. Something with balls and moving them around – LOL. I can ask tomorrow if you really want to know. I know they will say, come on, we have told you a million times…

Hey Jodi, Maybe its the age, my daughter is the same way. Camp has brought this new person. Talking about fear of water……… washing my daughter’s hair was a nightmare.

I Love the pics!!!!!!