Update on my Father-in-Law + Free Cancer Awareness Action Set

MCP Actions Website | MCP Flickr Group | MCP Reviews

MCP Actions Quick Purchase

I know many of you have been writing asking how my father-in-law has been doing.  He was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma, a rare form of cancer, a year ago.  He went through extremely heavy chemo and then had a bone marrow transplant.

I am thankful to all those who kept him in your prayers.  He is now cancer free and doing a lot better.  He is still trying to regain his energy and has some long term issues from the chemo.  But he is doing really well.

There was an article today in the Detroit Free Press newspaper in case you want to learn more about him.  See below.

And I am sure many of you already have downloaded these actions from my site, but in case you have not, here are the TAKE ACTION ON CANCER AWARENESS ACTIONS for photoshop.  The action converts your photo to a rich black and white and has 14 optional color overlays to chose from, each representing a ribbon color to fight cancer.  If you download these actions, all I ask is that you please just say a prayer for my father-in-law that his health continues to improve.

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

Comments

Andie says

that is such wonderful news. thanks for sharing this personal story and I’m keeping your family in my thoughts. all the best, Andie

Kelley says

so glad to hear the good news about your FIL! Said a prayer for him, and have your family in my thoughts.

Iris Hicks says

Prayers for your father in law. I too grew up in Detroit and graduated from Cooley High in 1958. I then went on to U of M and many additional schools so I felt a special affinity with your father in law as I read his story. Wonderful news about his recovery.

Johanna says

That’s wonderful news about your father-in-law; we’ll pray that he continues to improve and remains cancer-free. My dad is a cancer survivor and is currently battling another dreadful disease – heart disease. Without warning, without history, without high blood pressure or high cholesterol, my physically fit dad had a heart attack two years ago. It was a big one that left his heart damaged and has slowed him down quite a bit with many ups and downs. Like your father-in-law, he too has a wonderful attitude and spirit and many blessings for which he chooses to fight. We can all learn from these men. Thanks for sharing.

says

Jodi, I’m so glad your FIL is doing better! I will keep him in my prayers. My grandma is currently going through chemo herself. Thanks so much for the awesome action!

says

I was really glad to hear that your Father in Law is Cancer free. That is great news. Thank you for sharing his story and the action set in his honor.

says

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% positive. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks