Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin)

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin)

In this video tutorial I will be teaching you a secret trick I use to get rid of shiny skin (or where you blow one of the color channels – R G or B).  I will show you how to see if you have done this and a special way to fix this.

Watch and learn this special secret tip.

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 1 (Getting Rid of Under Eye Creases and Shadows)
Twitter - should I give in? I just did... Join Me!

1. August 18, 2008 at 9:03 am —

GREAT secret tip.
    I do this a lot so it is great to now have a way to fix it.
    Off to practice so i don’t forget what i just learned.
    thanks, Jodi

2. August 18, 2008 at 9:09 am —

I’m loving your Skin Trick tutorials! This is a weak spot for me – and the ones you have posted are just so quick and easy to do!! Thanks!!

3. August 18, 2008 at 9:19 am —

though i have visited often, this is my first comment! (sorry for taking so long.) the tuts are great and thank you so much for sharing your “secrets”!

4. August 18, 2008 at 12:38 pm —

Great tutorial – I’ll definitely use it!

5. August 18, 2008 at 2:54 pm —

thanks again! I’ve never thought of doing it that way.

6. August 18, 2008 at 10:31 pm —

This is a really awesome trick! I do this all the time too 🙂 Will for sure have to share this with people. Thanks so much Jodi, you are awesome!!

7. August 19, 2008 at 1:59 pm —

Thank you so much for the tutorials that you share. One of my friends (Kate) sent me to your website and I can’t believe how much I am learning here. Thank you!!

8. August 22, 2008 at 12:20 pm —

Thanks, as always for your helpful tips and tricks!

9. ~Jen~
    September 20, 2008 at 3:29 pm —

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I should be working right now, but instead I decided to spend a little time catching up on all your tutorials that I haven’t had a chance to watch yet. The groom at the wedding I’m currently proofing was bald and sweaty so I have tons of shots of his big shiny head and this “magic trick” is just what I need!! Jodi you are awesome! Keep up the good work!

10. April 24, 2009 at 4:15 pm —

Jodi, you are my PS guru! I just watched the Skin Tricks part 2 (shiny skin), and I totally love it. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us!!!!!

11. November 7, 2012 at 11:55 am —

Excellent. I suggest one final step when there is a lot more oily/shiny skin to deal with then in your example: play with the opacity level of the new layer to get the total amount you need. I was doing an African-American skin with major reflection from the flash. Super contrast difference. First I had too much on the new layer but then I just reduced that opacity to where it looked good and voila.

12. April 23, 2017 at 3:23 am —

The videos tutorial is fantastic. You showed the processes in an easy way. I used to make many layer to do this work, But i had no idea that it is possible to do with minimum layers. Thanks for sharing this tutorial.