Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin)

In this video tutorial I will be teaching you a secret trick I use to get rid of shiny skin (or where you blow one of the color channels – R G or B).  I will show you how to see if you have done this and a special way to fix this.

Watch and learn this special secret tip.

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

Comments

1. says

I’m loving your Skin Trick tutorials! This is a weak spot for me – and the ones you have posted are just so quick and easy to do!! Thanks!!

2. says

though i have visited often, this is my first comment! (sorry for taking so long.) the tuts are great and thank you so much for sharing your “secrets”!

3. says

This is a really awesome trick! I do this all the time too :) Will for sure have to share this with people. Thanks so much Jodi, you are awesome!!

4. says

Thank you so much for the tutorials that you share. One of my friends (Kate) sent me to your website and I can’t believe how much I am learning here. Thank you!!

5. ~Jen~ says

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I should be working right now, but instead I decided to spend a little time catching up on all your tutorials that I haven’t had a chance to watch yet. The groom at the wedding I’m currently proofing was bald and sweaty so I have tons of shots of his big shiny head and this “magic trick” is just what I need!! Jodi you are awesome! Keep up the good work!

6. says

Excellent. I suggest one final step when there is a lot more oily/shiny skin to deal with then in your example: play with the opacity level of the new layer to get the total amount you need. I was doing an African-American skin with major reflection from the flash. Super contrast difference. First I had too much on the new layer but then I just reduced that opacity to where it looked good and voila.

Trackbacks