Just when I was being thankful… I get this call…

Just when I was being thankful… I get this call…

Just when I was feeling thankful for all I have and how my life is, I get a call this AM from my mom.

My sister Rebecca had her 3rd child a week ago.  We have never been super close, and we have had our differences through the years. But she is still my sister and I still love her.

She was rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night as she was bleeding profusely. She ended up having an emergency hysterectomy.  And she is still at risk as they did not stitch her back up.  When she was a pre-teen, she had Ulcerative Colitis and had a pouch put inside her.  Well there are some complications with that.  And they are saying she needs another surgery.

So if all of you can please keep my sister and her children and husband in your thoughts and prayers, I would really appreciate it.  I cannot imagine when she wakes up and realizes her new baby and her other kids are at home and she is in the hospital having just had her uterus removed and will have to have another major surgery too.  How scary.  And how terrible for her kids and the new baby to be without their parents too.

Thank you! Jodi

Happy Thanksgiving * What are you thankful for?
How to Use Your Flash Effectively for Portraits (part 2 of 5) - by MCP Guest Blogger Matthew Kees

1. November 27, 2008 at 7:22 pm — Reply

Jodi, I’m so sorry about your sister having to have a hysterectomy!! Prayers or her!! This is a really nice place to find out info, I learned alot when I had to have one last year… http://www.hystersisters.com/ It’s a big adjustment on your body 🙁

2. November 27, 2008 at 8:50 pm — Reply

Jodi, your sister and her family are in my prayers. I pray she recovers quickly and her family can be strong through her recovery. Happy Thanksgiving, Michelle

3. Jenn
    November 27, 2008 at 10:11 pm — Reply

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I pray that she has a quick recovery. My thought and prayers are with her and her family!

4. November 27, 2008 at 10:52 pm — Reply

My heart and prayers go out to your family! Casey

5. Colette
    November 28, 2008 at 8:37 am — Reply

Hi Jodi,

Prayers for your sister and your family, and your parents too. I’m guessing they aren’t with her and are very worried. My brother went through 2 major surgeries for ulcerative colitis just this past year, and was lucky to come out of it alive, so I know how serious all of that can be. I’m thinking and praying for all of you and hope Rebecca has a successful surgery and smooth recovery. Love, C.

6. November 28, 2008 at 11:49 am — Reply

I will keep Rebecca and family in my prayers. I hope everything will be okay. I can imagine how heart breaking it is for her to be away from her new baby and family.
    I hope she has a speedy recovery.

7. Tiffany
    November 28, 2008 at 11:06 pm — Reply

Hope your sister recovers soon!! Our prayers are with your family!

8. November 29, 2008 at 5:51 pm — Reply

How awful! Your family is in my thoughts.

9. Laurie
    November 30, 2008 at 7:26 pm — Reply

Jodi, I hope your sister is recovering and feeling better. How scary! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Laurie

10. Laura
    December 1, 2008 at 6:15 pm — Reply

Oh my! I’m so sorry. I will definitely pray for her and her precious family.

11. December 14, 2008 at 7:47 pm — Reply

Oh no, that’s terrible! So sorry for everyone involved and I really pray that she is going to be fine. That’s a lot to go through all at once. Prayers sent!