MCP Series on Newborn Photography – By Guest Blogger Alisha Robertson (Starting Friday)

alisha-example

I am proud to announce that Alisha Robertson of AGR Photography will be doing a 5+ part series on newborn photography here on MCP Actions Blog.

Alisha Robertson is an on-site, natural location photographer and mother of three. Since the inception of AGR photography in 2004, Alisha has made it her goal to capture the personality of her subjects.  Whether she is creating portraits of newborns, babies or seniors, Alisha strives to make every experience an artful and unique rendering of those she photographs.

Her style is natural, classic and uncluttered, and she believes that the people she photographs should be the ultimate focus of her work.  To Alisha, the heart of photography is about preserving the ever-evolving nature of time, capturing the moments that later become the defining touchstones of our lives.

Part 1 will be posted on Friday – so do not miss it.  Here is an outline of what she will be covering in the weeks ahead:

• The Newborn Session – How to work with a newborn – tips, tricks and ideas to make your session a success
  • Styles for Newborn Photography – Environmental newborn photography, props for newborn photography, working with the parents, classic and clean newborn photography
  • Natural Light Newborn photography – Lighting a newborn with available light
  • Posing a newborn – Step by step on getting your newborn into poses
  • Newborn Photography Sales – Top selling products for Newborns

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

Comments

says

What perfect timing! I have a new mother about to give birth any day now. I did her belly pics and now she wants me to do the newborn pics too. Can I just say how much I love your blog?! I love you too, Jodi!

Charlene says

I love newborn pictures, my little girl is already 4 1/2 months old and I am constantly taking pictures of her, but no where near as good as some I’ve seen online.

says

I am SUPER excited for this series! My step sister is due in May, one of my bridesmaids is due in July and my sister in law is also due in July! This gives me some time to practice too!

Melissa says

I am so excited for this! Thank you for such valuable info shared through your blog. You are becoming my favorite blog!!!

says

Awesome, I cant wait. I think education is such a key to the success of any photographer- what ever level you are at, everyone can benefit from others knowledge. Thank you for post like these. :)

says

SO EXCITED for this!!!! So how soon is each “part” posted??? Want to learn it all NOW!! THANK YOU so much for giving us the chance to learn and grow in our passion! BLESS YOU BOTH!!!

Sherri says

What dates will each installment of this series be posted on ?
    I just caught the first one – very exciting
    cant wait for the others

says

The pictures of the babies are gorgeous, I particularly love the one with the four little feet, wonderful photo. It’s the best time to capture that too because they grow so quickly, from the palm of your hand to a normal shoe size.

says

Hi! Thank you for posting MCP series on newborn photography by Alisha Robertson part one. I love it! Where can I find the rest of the series?
    I also bought your Fusion actions and love them.
    Gail deMonet

Barbara Aragoni says

I didn´t find the rest of the series. I´m missing:
    Posing a newborn – Step by step on getting your newborn into poses
    and