Snaps from San Diego – photos from our family trip out west…

I am slowly recovering from the flu and now am left with a cough (those of you attending my trainings this week – I apologize in advance for the unwanted coug noises)…

Anyway, I promised to share some photos from our trip last week to San Diego.  These are snap shots for sure – none are “portrait worthy.”  You are welcome to comment still.  Lenses used – primarily 35L and 50 1.4 on my Canon 5D MKII.  I did not bring a flash on the trip so these are all natural light.  The aquarium ones were taken at ISO 6400.  The outdoor ones varied between ISO 100-400.

I would love to know what you think… And of course all these are displayed using the “Magic Blog It Boards”

web1

web2

web4

web5web6

web3

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

Comments

1. says

Looks like a fun time! All the pics are great, but I’m partial to the sea horse. It’s beautiful, and after getting to hold one in Hawaii, they’ll always be special to me! Nice to see a pic of you on here, too!

2. says

Looks like you had a great time while you were here…Sea World, Scripps Aquarium, La Jolla Beach, Cabrillo Monument. Hopefully you didn’t get rained on much.

3. Iris Hicks says

As a resident of San Diego I love your captures. Looks like you had a great time in spite of the flu and some overcast days.

4. says

Great pics! Looks like despite the illness you all still managed to have a good time. I also wanted to say I am drooling over the ISO 6400! I have to get my hands on a 5dM2! I mean seriously I can’t see any noise!!

5. says

Your aquarium shots are amazing! I was expecting a lot of noise, but I don’t notice any. Very, very nice.

It look like you guys had a great time after the flu bug quieted down.

6. Jenny says

Thanks for the vacation photos – they look great. And I agree, some of those are portait worthy. And the nois — well, what noise???? You’ll have the best vacation photos around.

7. says

Looks like you had so much fun! I have to admit that my 3-yr-old son seems to have a crush on your girls – he keeps begging to see “the girls on the beach.” We’ve been back to your blog four times already within the last hour!!

8. Sue says

Great photos. You hit all the highlights of San Diego…even Old Town Mexican cafe – I can spot that place in any photo, LOL!