Problem Photo: One Customer’s Fix

I had to share this letter and before and after photo I received from one of my fans.  I hope it can help you with one of your problem photos.
Hey Mrs. Jodi,

Here is an extreme problem photo. My batteries were running low in my sb600 so the power was half staff and the exposure was horrible. The portrait was the best of about 25 of my daughter (3 yrs old and all over the place) so I needed to try to save it… I have attached my own corrections that I saw fit.
I used the following MCP actions:
Quickie Collection’s Exposure Fixer and Color fixer, the free touch of light, Magic Skin’s skin cast blast and powder your nose (one of my fave), Complete Workflow’s touch of color, and the free high def sharpening and burnt edges.  I hope this is a problem photo that can help you, like you have helped me with mine….

Thank you so much for you awesome talents..
Nikki Romero
Everlasting Expressions

nikki r ba 900x1285 Problem Photo: One Customers Fix

Problem Photo: One Customers Fix

twitter Problem Photo: One Customers Fixfacebook Problem Photo: One Customers Fixpinterest Problem Photo: One Customers Fixgoogleplus Problem Photo: One Customers Fix

jess says:

WOW WOW WOW!!!! That.Is.AWESOME. I always knew you rocked Jodi… but holy moly what a great save!!! :)

Lori M. says:

WOW!! I love seeing these before and after shots!!

JoAnne Bacon says:

Wow. excellent job!

Kathy says:

Great fix! Beautiful shot. I also love seeing before & afters, especially accompanied by a list of the actions used. It gives me help for my own mistakes & failed photos.

That is amazing! You know, I did not even know what actions were until I found your blog a few months ago! I plan on taking one or more of your classes during the summer months when I have more time. It is examples like this that really inspire me to learn more about PhotoShop and photography!

Tiffany says:

WOW! That’s an amazing fix. Another reason why those action sets are on my list….

Nicole says:

Wow – that is beautiful! The recovery is amazing!

Elaine says:

Just found your site, great job in saving that photo!! Love before and afters! Am in the market for actions, with more like this, I may just have to buy!!!! :)

Ashley says:

Linked from Pioneer Woman to you. I actually have this very same problem. I have a couple of pictures that are underexposed, but are my favorites. How did you lighten the overall picture without destroying the the clarity (making it grainy) of the photo? I would love to know which actions or yours you used to fix this photo– or your recommendation of actions to purchase to remedy this very same problem?

Beautiful work.

Ashley
    ashley_wasatch@hotmail.com

Andrea says:

Great save. If this doesn’t put a bug in people’s ear to try out your actions, I’m not sure what will. Fantastic!

shannon says:

I can’t believe it! You did a great job!

Evie Curley says:

Wow, now I want the exposure and color fixer because that is fantastic!!

Kim Townsend says:

What a brilliant fix!!! (Adorable photograph to start with).

WOW! It looks like a total different picture! Great fix!

holy cow batman! that is AMAZING!!!! i have magic skin and can’t live without it! WOW!

What an amazing transformation! Your actions rock Jodi. :)

Nikki Romero says:

Wow, thanks again and again and again, Jodi for all of your talents. NOW, I probably would have been able to save this file, but your actions cut “my own personal” processing time by at least 98% (HUGE).
    I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, that commented on my picture, I am a bit of a pessimistic person and am very crucial of my work, so positive feedback is reassurance that I am, going in the right direction in life. You are all very sweet to take the time to comment. This started out my day wonderfully this morning.
    OK, enough of the mooshy stuff, I love, love, love these actions, if you are contemplating anything, DON’T!!! Well worth every penny, they will pay for themselves with your first editing session. I have them all and will continue to purchase them as they come out… They all do something different, woohooo. Sooo, what are you waiting for? Ain’t ya gotta credit card. Hehe:)……

Regina White says:

OMG that is a great photo. You rocked the save on that one.

Jenny Carroll says:

wow, wow, wow!!!!!

What a great save! Love the expression. That photo is awesome!

jen says: