MCP Blueprint – Oh Baby Baby – Make Me Pop

This before photo was sent in from a customer.  What a cute, fun photo. I just had to play and see what I could do with it – to make it more dramatic.

Overall I loved the straight out of camera.  It just needed some more pop and depth.  Plus the colors were a little cool.

In this MCP Blueprint, I will show you how I took it from the nice before to a WOW after.  I would love to hear your thoughts.  I assume many of you will like it, but a few might prefer a more subtle post processing on an infant.  Anyway, looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Hope it helps you learn some new ways to edit too.

blueprint fleurdeleighphotography MCP Blueprint   Oh Baby Baby   Make Me Pop

MCP Blueprint   Oh Baby Baby   Make Me Pop

twitter MCP Blueprint   Oh Baby Baby   Make Me Popfacebook MCP Blueprint   Oh Baby Baby   Make Me Poppinterest MCP Blueprint   Oh Baby Baby   Make Me Popgoogleplus MCP Blueprint   Oh Baby Baby   Make Me Pop

Laurie says:

Quick question. Do you do anything to the photos in Adobe Raw or adjust any levels, curves, etc. prior to running the actions? I have the Magic Skin, but I am looking into some of your other actions. This edit is beautiful!

Jodi says:

I use Lightroom and if needed do very basic exposure adjustments there – but usually I do not need to. It depends on your exposure. I like the flexibility of RAW but prefer the control of Photoshop so 95% of my editing is done there.

Cristina Alt says:

gorgeous after! it seems like a there’s a tiny bit of detail lost on the baby’s left side of the face.. but nothing major I love how you laid everything out step by step… I want your actions now! lol….

Susan Dodd says:

Love this! It looks fabulous!! I can’t get on your actions site to check them all out! Is the site having troubles? Or maybe just lots of traffic?

Susan Dodd says:

Ooops! Just got on! :-) Must have been traffic!!

Jodi says:

Maybe traffic – or maybe the host is having issues – try again in a minute :)

Cute photo to start with. Even cuter with some great editing. Love how the colors pop.

Jenny Carroll says:

The color pop is gorgeous. I’m all about using color, and lots of it! Great job on this. Thanks for the blueprint.

MegganB says:

I really love the increase of color! For my taste it’s a little too much contrast for facial details and I’d love to see it without the texture – I think it makes it a little busy…. but that’s just me :) What a cutie!

Lori M. says:

Love it! I downloaded the AutoLoader yesterday and it is awesome! Thanks so much for the tip Jodi!! It has really sped up my editing process!! :)

Michelle H says:

What a fun edit!

My only thought is that the texture seems a bit heavy with the sharp contrast of the baby’s skin being masked. It seems to take the attention away from the baby and onto the texture. I like the texture and think it adds a lot but perhaps just a little more subtle for my taste.

Looks awesome!

Kudos to the photographer for taking such a beautiful photo in the first place. Your edit turned it into a work of art though Jodi. I love absolutely everything about it!

~Angie
    co-founder of iHeartFaces

I love the edit of this picture. Just my style. I think the textured background brings focus to the child and the colors in her outfit. Great job. You go girl!!!

Lacey says:

I really like the texture all of the amazingly popped colors. It fun twist to a more modern children photographer. Great shot and edits. :)

Lisa says:

This is beautiful! I love the intensity and depth of color. You’re amazing!

I really like the texture and colors. Now I need to buy some more actions!!! ;)

rebekah says:

wow. all i have to say is WOW! you do such an amazing job and i LOVE seeing your blueprints.

this looks amazing! how do you mask off the skin for the texture?

jean smith says:

hey…i was one of the staff and met you at the secret workshop last summer in flint. i have been following your blog and GEEZ GIRL…you are amazing…behind the camera and behind the computer! your talent is fabulous. i love the finished product here!

Amanda says:

Love the photo and the processing! Gorgeous!!

More than WOW after
    is spectacular and very very awesome

Jessica says:

I agree with one commenter above…the dark brown completely turns me off. The baby is bright and cheerful, and though the texturing is well done, it just doesn’t go with this scene or outfit. the skin and eyes look great!

Love it, Jodi!! As always . . . awesome!

Laraine Davis says:

Jodi, I love the way you processed the photo. Looks great. Your actions have changed my life, and I’m so greatful. Thanks for sharing your talents.

looks great! love the texture!

Sylvia says:

I absolutely love it! You really made it pop and focus on the cute baby! Looks ready to hang on the wall now!!

Rose says:

This is a beautiful photo, and I love the colors and textures in the edit, although to me it seems the face looks like it has flash burn in the edit, a little too bright for my taste with how dark the rest of the photo is, but it also draws your eye to the baby’s face, which is the whole point I guess! Very nice, and it is another great example of how even using actions you can personalize it to your own tastes.

Add Comment Register