Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

MCP Blueprint – Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

MCP Blueprint – Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo

This week’s MCP Blueprint photo is one where a little “action” made a lot of difference, but where it does not have an overly processed look, as it did the past few weeks.

This shot I took of this high school senior was properly exposed but lacked dimesion and vibrancy.  With a few clicks and a touch of quick “brushing” I took it from “correct to wow.”  I would love to hear your thoughts on if you like this, or would have prefered a more heavily processed look.

blueprint10

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
All You Ever Wanted to Know about DOF (Depth of Field)
Alisha answers some of your questions on Newborns

1. April 3, 2009 at 9:24 am —

This is great, I love it when you do these. I really need to sign up for your workshops!

2. Darlean
    April 3, 2009 at 9:39 am —

I love that you told us all the actions you used because I’m always trying to figure out ways to use some of the actions more. I love the detail of the brick & the red frame on the right it’s fantastic! I think “I” would have liked to see the man a bit softer but only because the black grill work over the door makes the black shirt & hair really pop out in a way that seems to dominate the overall photo. But I guess you would want the person to dominate the photo… hmmm now I’m looking at this photo in a different way all together, you definitely gave this photo lift & life thanks so much for sharing it with us. It really helps so much to see how the actions can be used more specifically!

3. April 3, 2009 at 10:08 am —

I love it!

4. April 3, 2009 at 10:17 am —

Love the color in this one! Not too much, just rich and vibrant!! Awesome Jodi!

5. April 3, 2009 at 10:27 am —

I love it! I think it’s perfect. I don’t think I would have liked it any more processed than this.

6. April 3, 2009 at 10:28 am —

I think it’s perfect. The color pop really helps, but it’s not overdone. Thanks for the tutorial!

7. alex whitman
    April 3, 2009 at 10:31 am —

looks awesome! love it!

8. jen
    April 3, 2009 at 10:55 am —

I think it looks great overall!!! I would take him down just a tad bit for my personal taste ;)–his face looks a little too bright.

9. April 3, 2009 at 1:15 pm —

I just love it. It is so sharp and vibrant! Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

10. Tina Harden
    April 3, 2009 at 1:41 pm —

This one is perfect for my taste. Thanks for sharing the blue print. As a primarily JPEG shooter I always shoot to nail the exposure while keeping contrast and Saturation low and adding back later and your actions have been life savers. Thanks Jodi!

11. April 3, 2009 at 4:43 pm —

I really like the saturation pop, but his face looks just a tad cool to me… Love your actions, hope to buy some more soon!

12. April 3, 2009 at 5:34 pm —

great…just great! young and fun!!

13. Jenny Carroll
    April 3, 2009 at 6:20 pm —

Love, love, love it!!! Gotta get me some more of those actions.

14. John Clifford
    April 3, 2009 at 6:32 pm —

Thanks for sharing your actions workflow. I will try this on some shots of my daughter

15. Laraine Davis
    April 3, 2009 at 9:22 pm —

Jodi, this quite a difference and really makes the image go from nice to wow. I have the actions you mentioned, and it’s nice to see how they are used in different situations. Thanks for sharing your talent.

16. jodik
    April 3, 2009 at 9:30 pm —

I would of loved to see what it looked like after the Soft Color action.

It is alittle to “full of life” for my taste, but I love seeing what your actions can do.

Will have to get some of those in the very near future.

Thanks for showing us these.. I learn so much by seeing how you come up with the different
    types of actions and what they can do.

Jodik

17. April 3, 2009 at 11:19 pm —

Love it. 🙂 I think this is the perfect combo. 🙂

18. April 4, 2009 at 9:10 am —

I love the way it turned out! 🙂