Best Mother’s Day Gift Ever – Better Than a New Camera or Lens

Best Mother’s Day Gift Ever – Better Than a New Camera or Lens

Despite my allergies/asthma acting up making it hard for me to breathe, this Mother’s Day may go down as the best ever. My 7 year old twin girls made me the most special gifts ever – better than getting a new camera or lens.  Actually better than almost anything.  I just had to share with all of you mothers out there – here’s wishing you a wonderful mother’s day too.

The 1st gift I opened from each was pottery baskets with handmade flowers that can be hung on the wall.  Adorable, sweet and special.  I love them and will be hanging them in my office.

But these are no match for my next gift.  Big thank yous to Mrs. Feldman and Mrs. Payton (their 1st grade teachers) who assisted in making this gift possible.  Each made a book for me.  I have scanned them in below to share with you.  I love seeing the world through their eyes.  I love how each of them expressed themselves. I love how Jenna thinks I wear makeup every day and love checkers (which I do not) or how each picked different favorite colors for me.  I love how they explain how proud they are of me and explain what I do for a living and when they say what they like to do most with me.  This is PRICELESS!

The 1st page was them describing how they see me.  The 2nd page telling what I do for work (through their eyes) – you just have to check this page out).  The 3rd page is what they feel are things I like.  The 4th page is what they like to do with me. And the 5th describes how much they love me.

After you read these, if you are a mom, please share in the comments what you got for Mother’s Day – or even what was your most favorite Mother’s Day gift ever.

mom-ellie-page1

mom-ellie-page2

mom-ellie-page3

mom-jenna-page1

mom-jenna-page2

mom-jenna-page3

Inspiration for this Prize Winning Photo...
Vote for MCP Please?

1. May 10, 2009 at 11:30 am — Reply

Melt my heart! These are so sweet!!!

My favorite Mother’s Day gift today was my little boy promising to be sweet and good for me all day. We’ll see if he fulfills that promise. LOL

2. May 10, 2009 at 11:34 am — Reply

What treasures! Those are adorable. Thank you for sharing them!

3. Tina
    May 10, 2009 at 11:38 am — Reply

That’s too cute, especially: my mom helps people take pictures with no red eyes! Her teacher was probably like, what the heck?

4. May 10, 2009 at 11:38 am — Reply

OMGosh- love it!!!! The girls couldn’t wait yesterday and gave me a couple of projects early- and they too are priceless.

I’m the first one up this morning and onjoying the peace and quiet before the chaos…. we are blessed to have such sweet kids in our lives! 🙂

oops- they found me… hear them coming down the stairs now! and their cards and gifts just rocked! I’m a lucky girl indeed!

5. May 10, 2009 at 11:45 am — Reply

Oh, that’s sweet. I like how they said, “Sometimes she works in pajamas.” Teehee! An excellent gift for sure. I’m not a mom, but I did enjoy this gift. Have a great Mother’s Day!

6. May 10, 2009 at 11:48 am — Reply

Beautiful! I especially like “My mom helps people take pictures with no red eyes”. Adorable!!
    You have two very special girls there. From one Mama to another…Happy Mothers Day!

7. May 10, 2009 at 11:49 am — Reply

These are so sweet!

My gifts were many this morning and all handmade – some tissue paper flowers my 2yo son made at preschool, a pot holder my 6yo old made at Girl Scouts, a photo in a handmade frame she also made at kindergarten, and several handmade cards. All very cute indeed.

8. May 10, 2009 at 11:53 am — Reply

So sweet! Thanks for sharing!

9. May 10, 2009 at 11:54 am — Reply

Thanks for sharing! I remember those days. My favorite mother’s day present was a set of handmade bookmarks that my oldest son made for me. One says, “Moms are like roses. Their beautiful, but sometimes their prickly.” I still use it all the time!

10. May 10, 2009 at 11:58 am — Reply

Gifts like that are true treasures. Happy Mother’s Day!!

11. May 10, 2009 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Wow, how lovely, Jodi! You’re lucky and blessed with such beautiful children! Happy Mother’s Day!

12. May 10, 2009 at 1:52 pm — Reply

Those are the sweetest Mother’s Day gifts ever!

13. Sue
    May 10, 2009 at 2:20 pm — Reply

Wow. I still have one from when my daughter was that young. You will NEVER tire of reading these! So precious! (makeup everyday? I’m impressed!) You find out what is so important to your girls through these and realize how special those little things can be.

This year for mom’s day, my baby girl came in from Chicago and we shopped for her wedding dress! (yep, I was sniffling all day)

14. May 10, 2009 at 2:25 pm — Reply

Fabulous! What wonderful girls (and teachers!)…happy mother’s day!

15. Silvina
    May 10, 2009 at 2:33 pm — Reply

That was just BEAUTIFUL!! What awesome gifts…enjoy your Mother’s Day!

16. May 10, 2009 at 2:38 pm — Reply

I LOVE that Ellie told on you wearing your PJs!! Don’t we all! That is so cute! And I LOVE that Jenna wrote you help people fix red-eye – sooo adorable! What a priceless gift! 🙂

17. May 10, 2009 at 2:43 pm — Reply

These are sooooooo cute!!! I LOVE the “sometimes she works in pajamas”, so cute!!!

18. May 10, 2009 at 4:18 pm — Reply

That is an awesome gift!! Thanks for sharing it here. Hmm… maybe we’ll copy it for our Father’s Day gift!! I hope you and all the mommy readers had a great Mother’s Day!!

19. May 10, 2009 at 4:25 pm — Reply

Beautiful books and tributes to you as their mom!

20. Kristen Soderquist
    May 10, 2009 at 4:34 pm — Reply

What an awsome gift!!!! How sweet and what a gift to treasure forever!!! Something so fun to look at when the girls get older!! Happy Mother’s Day!!!

21. May 10, 2009 at 4:57 pm — Reply

I love the fact that Ellie used the word “often” in one of her sentences…it’s fun when little kids use words like that. 🙂 I got the flu for mother’s day and it stinks! My kids came up first thing this morning and gave me cards they drew themselves (my 3 year old’s was especially cute), so it brightened my day a lot.

22. May 10, 2009 at 5:29 pm — Reply

absolutely priceless jodi! my two youngest made me books last year at school for mother’s day, they are awesome. my youngest wrote things like ‘my mom taykes awesome pictures’ and ‘she can’t live without cofee’ 😀 – oh i treasure those books so much. happy mother’s day, sounds like it was perfect!

23. Barb Ray
    May 10, 2009 at 7:37 pm — Reply

What a priceless gift!!!!! TFS!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy what is left of your Mother’s Day…hope your allergies/asthsma is better!!!

24. May 10, 2009 at 8:37 pm — Reply

This brought tears to my eyes!! What a priceless blessing!

Amanda

25. May 10, 2009 at 9:14 pm — Reply

Great article! I love Mother’s Day because it’s a day to give appreciation to all the hard working mothers out there.

If you’re a mother, go to the link below for your free Mother’s Day gift!

26. JenW
    May 10, 2009 at 9:33 pm — Reply

That is the BEST gift ever!!!!!! What fabulous teachers they have!!!! What great kids you have!

Happy Mother’s day!

27. May 10, 2009 at 9:37 pm — Reply

For moms day this year they brought me flowers & my step daughters and their little ones all came over. It was a great mothers day!
    What a special sweet gift! I cried when my daughters gave me something similar when they were about the same age as your girls. It seems like yesterday but now they are 19 & 16. They grow up so fast Jodi, even when it doesnt seem like it at the time, looking back, it seems like it all went so quickly!

28. May 10, 2009 at 10:30 pm — Reply

Oh my goodness…I just read their books and this so blessed my heart. I have two daughters also, but mine are now 39 and 32! They are a joy to me and I can so relate to how you feel.

You will cherish these forever! Happy Mother’s Day to you and thank you for all your awesome tutorials and inspiration to help the rest of us out here!!! Blessings to you!

29. May 10, 2009 at 10:37 pm — Reply

jodi, these are wonderful! how lucky you are!

my guys made me handmade cards & a wonderful lunch after church. it was great day – i loved it!

30. May 10, 2009 at 11:32 pm — Reply

I couldn’t imagine what could be better than a new camera or new lens…..until I saw these! You will treasure these all your life (you will have many new cameras and lenses, but this will be the best). I know.

31. May 11, 2009 at 1:20 am — Reply

This week my daughter paid me a surprise visit from college! Today I was blessed to be in church with my son and husband…and afterwords went to lunch and my teenaged son even patiently went shopping with me! It was a lovely day!

32. May 11, 2009 at 1:30 am — Reply

All of them so sweet. I have saved loads of these things made by my daughters over the years, you will treasure them forever!! Happy Mother’s Day!

33. May 11, 2009 at 4:08 am — Reply

that is so precious! I especially like “my mom helps people take pictures with no red eyes” … adorable!

34. May 11, 2009 at 7:37 am — Reply

What great gifts!! I got a new fridge because mine died the day before Mother’s Day. And even better, I got a nap!

35. MariaV
    May 11, 2009 at 9:18 am — Reply

I hope you had an awesome Mother’s Day. Thank you for sharing your cards.

36. Wendi P
    May 11, 2009 at 1:19 pm — Reply

My 6 year old son Jaden did something similar at school. My favorite was when he said “My mom loves it when I sleep.” You’re right, these are priceless.

…although I loved getting a new Canon flash and transmitter for my camera from Daddy and the boys too. I’m thinking daddy wants something big for father’s day next month maybe :O)

37. Brandy
    May 11, 2009 at 12:13 pm — Reply

My kids are 2 and 10 months and I CAN”T WAIT to get gifts like those! How precious!

38. May 12, 2009 at 3:13 am — Reply

wow! this is a precious gift! my most treasured gift is the one i received from my daughter this mom’s day… check it out at http://www.mommyjourney.com/2009/05/what-precious-gift.html

39. May 12, 2009 at 2:54 pm — Reply

OMG…these ARE priceless!!! I guess that was the word I was looking for when I blogged about my Mother’s Day gift! I can’t wait ’til my pre-schooler is old enough to write! These ARE better gifts than a lens!!! I wholeheartedly agree!

40. May 13, 2009 at 11:00 am — Reply

These are so precious it got me choked up 🙂 This was my FIRST mothers day my baby is 10 months and so far he is the best mothers day gift ever!