Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Best Mother’s Day Gift Ever – Better Than a New Camera or Lens

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Best Mother’s Day Gift Ever – Better Than a New Camera or Lens

Despite my allergies/asthma acting up making it hard for me to breathe, this Mother’s Day may go down as the best ever. My 7 year old twin girls made me the most special gifts ever – better than getting a new camera or lens.  Actually better than almost anything.  I just had to share with all of you mothers out there – here’s wishing you a wonderful mother’s day too.

The 1st gift I opened from each was pottery baskets with handmade flowers that can be hung on the wall.  Adorable, sweet and special.  I love them and will be hanging them in my office.

But these are no match for my next gift.  Big thank yous to Mrs. Feldman and Mrs. Payton (their 1st grade teachers) who assisted in making this gift possible.  Each made a book for me.  I have scanned them in below to share with you.  I love seeing the world through their eyes.  I love how each of them expressed themselves. I love how Jenna thinks I wear makeup every day and love checkers (which I do not) or how each picked different favorite colors for me.  I love how they explain how proud they are of me and explain what I do for a living and when they say what they like to do most with me.  This is PRICELESS!

The 1st page was them describing how they see me.  The 2nd page telling what I do for work (through their eyes) – you just have to check this page out).  The 3rd page is what they feel are things I like.  The 4th page is what they like to do with me. And the 5th describes how much they love me.

After you read these, if you are a mom, please share in the comments what you got for Mother’s Day – or even what was your most favorite Mother’s Day gift ever.

mom-ellie-page1

mom-ellie-page2

mom-ellie-page3

mom-jenna-page1

mom-jenna-page2

mom-jenna-page3

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Inspiration for this Prize Winning Photo...
Vote for MCP Please?

1. Kristen Soderquist
    May 10, 2009 at 4:34 pm —

What an awsome gift!!!! How sweet and what a gift to treasure forever!!! Something so fun to look at when the girls get older!! Happy Mother’s Day!!!

2. May 10, 2009 at 4:25 pm —

Beautiful books and tributes to you as their mom!

3. May 10, 2009 at 4:18 pm —

That is an awesome gift!! Thanks for sharing it here. Hmm… maybe we’ll copy it for our Father’s Day gift!! I hope you and all the mommy readers had a great Mother’s Day!!

4. May 10, 2009 at 2:43 pm —

These are sooooooo cute!!! I LOVE the “sometimes she works in pajamas”, so cute!!!

5. May 10, 2009 at 2:38 pm —

I LOVE that Ellie told on you wearing your PJs!! Don’t we all! That is so cute! And I LOVE that Jenna wrote you help people fix red-eye – sooo adorable! What a priceless gift! 🙂

6. Silvina
    May 10, 2009 at 2:33 pm —

That was just BEAUTIFUL!! What awesome gifts…enjoy your Mother’s Day!

7. May 10, 2009 at 2:25 pm —

Fabulous! What wonderful girls (and teachers!)…happy mother’s day!

8. Sue
    May 10, 2009 at 2:20 pm —

Wow. I still have one from when my daughter was that young. You will NEVER tire of reading these! So precious! (makeup everyday? I’m impressed!) You find out what is so important to your girls through these and realize how special those little things can be.

This year for mom’s day, my baby girl came in from Chicago and we shopped for her wedding dress! (yep, I was sniffling all day)

9. May 10, 2009 at 1:52 pm —

Those are the sweetest Mother’s Day gifts ever!

10. May 10, 2009 at 12:02 pm —

Wow, how lovely, Jodi! You’re lucky and blessed with such beautiful children! Happy Mother’s Day!

11. May 10, 2009 at 11:58 am —

Gifts like that are true treasures. Happy Mother’s Day!!

12. May 10, 2009 at 11:54 am —

Thanks for sharing! I remember those days. My favorite mother’s day present was a set of handmade bookmarks that my oldest son made for me. One says, “Moms are like roses. Their beautiful, but sometimes their prickly.” I still use it all the time!

13. May 10, 2009 at 11:53 am —

So sweet! Thanks for sharing!

14. May 10, 2009 at 11:49 am —

These are so sweet!

My gifts were many this morning and all handmade – some tissue paper flowers my 2yo son made at preschool, a pot holder my 6yo old made at Girl Scouts, a photo in a handmade frame she also made at kindergarten, and several handmade cards. All very cute indeed.

15. May 10, 2009 at 11:48 am —

Beautiful! I especially like “My mom helps people take pictures with no red eyes”. Adorable!!
    You have two very special girls there. From one Mama to another…Happy Mothers Day!

16. May 10, 2009 at 11:45 am —

Oh, that’s sweet. I like how they said, “Sometimes she works in pajamas.” Teehee! An excellent gift for sure. I’m not a mom, but I did enjoy this gift. Have a great Mother’s Day!

17. May 10, 2009 at 11:38 am —

OMGosh- love it!!!! The girls couldn’t wait yesterday and gave me a couple of projects early- and they too are priceless.

I’m the first one up this morning and onjoying the peace and quiet before the chaos…. we are blessed to have such sweet kids in our lives! 🙂

oops- they found me… hear them coming down the stairs now! and their cards and gifts just rocked! I’m a lucky girl indeed!

18. Tina
    May 10, 2009 at 11:38 am —

That’s too cute, especially: my mom helps people take pictures with no red eyes! Her teacher was probably like, what the heck?

19. May 10, 2009 at 11:34 am —

What treasures! Those are adorable. Thank you for sharing them!

20. May 10, 2009 at 11:30 am —

Melt my heart! These are so sweet!!!

My favorite Mother’s Day gift today was my little boy promising to be sweet and good for me all day. We’ll see if he fulfills that promise. LOL