Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Best Mother’s Day Gift Ever – Better Than a New Camera or Lens

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Best Mother’s Day Gift Ever – Better Than a New Camera or Lens

Despite my allergies/asthma acting up making it hard for me to breathe, this Mother’s Day may go down as the best ever. My 7 year old twin girls made me the most special gifts ever – better than getting a new camera or lens.  Actually better than almost anything.  I just had to share with all of you mothers out there – here’s wishing you a wonderful mother’s day too.

The 1st gift I opened from each was pottery baskets with handmade flowers that can be hung on the wall.  Adorable, sweet and special.  I love them and will be hanging them in my office.

But these are no match for my next gift.  Big thank yous to Mrs. Feldman and Mrs. Payton (their 1st grade teachers) who assisted in making this gift possible.  Each made a book for me.  I have scanned them in below to share with you.  I love seeing the world through their eyes.  I love how each of them expressed themselves. I love how Jenna thinks I wear makeup every day and love checkers (which I do not) or how each picked different favorite colors for me.  I love how they explain how proud they are of me and explain what I do for a living and when they say what they like to do most with me.  This is PRICELESS!

The 1st page was them describing how they see me.  The 2nd page telling what I do for work (through their eyes) – you just have to check this page out).  The 3rd page is what they feel are things I like.  The 4th page is what they like to do with me. And the 5th describes how much they love me.

After you read these, if you are a mom, please share in the comments what you got for Mother’s Day – or even what was your most favorite Mother’s Day gift ever.

mom-ellie-page1

mom-ellie-page2

mom-ellie-page3

mom-jenna-page1

mom-jenna-page2

mom-jenna-page3

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Inspiration for this Prize Winning Photo...
Vote for MCP Please?

1. May 10, 2009 at 4:57 pm —

I love the fact that Ellie used the word “often” in one of her sentences…it’s fun when little kids use words like that. 🙂 I got the flu for mother’s day and it stinks! My kids came up first thing this morning and gave me cards they drew themselves (my 3 year old’s was especially cute), so it brightened my day a lot.

2. May 10, 2009 at 5:29 pm —

absolutely priceless jodi! my two youngest made me books last year at school for mother’s day, they are awesome. my youngest wrote things like ‘my mom taykes awesome pictures’ and ‘she can’t live without cofee’ 😀 – oh i treasure those books so much. happy mother’s day, sounds like it was perfect!

3. Barb Ray
    May 10, 2009 at 7:37 pm —

What a priceless gift!!!!! TFS!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy what is left of your Mother’s Day…hope your allergies/asthsma is better!!!

4. May 10, 2009 at 8:37 pm —

This brought tears to my eyes!! What a priceless blessing!

Amanda

5. May 10, 2009 at 9:14 pm —

Great article! I love Mother’s Day because it’s a day to give appreciation to all the hard working mothers out there.

If you’re a mother, go to the link below for your free Mother’s Day gift!

6. JenW
    May 10, 2009 at 9:33 pm —

That is the BEST gift ever!!!!!! What fabulous teachers they have!!!! What great kids you have!

Happy Mother’s day!

7. May 10, 2009 at 9:37 pm —

For moms day this year they brought me flowers & my step daughters and their little ones all came over. It was a great mothers day!
    What a special sweet gift! I cried when my daughters gave me something similar when they were about the same age as your girls. It seems like yesterday but now they are 19 & 16. They grow up so fast Jodi, even when it doesnt seem like it at the time, looking back, it seems like it all went so quickly!

8. May 10, 2009 at 10:30 pm —

Oh my goodness…I just read their books and this so blessed my heart. I have two daughters also, but mine are now 39 and 32! They are a joy to me and I can so relate to how you feel.

You will cherish these forever! Happy Mother’s Day to you and thank you for all your awesome tutorials and inspiration to help the rest of us out here!!! Blessings to you!

9. May 10, 2009 at 10:37 pm —

jodi, these are wonderful! how lucky you are!

my guys made me handmade cards & a wonderful lunch after church. it was great day – i loved it!

10. May 10, 2009 at 11:32 pm —

I couldn’t imagine what could be better than a new camera or new lens…..until I saw these! You will treasure these all your life (you will have many new cameras and lenses, but this will be the best). I know.

11. May 11, 2009 at 1:20 am —

This week my daughter paid me a surprise visit from college! Today I was blessed to be in church with my son and husband…and afterwords went to lunch and my teenaged son even patiently went shopping with me! It was a lovely day!

12. May 11, 2009 at 1:30 am —

All of them so sweet. I have saved loads of these things made by my daughters over the years, you will treasure them forever!! Happy Mother’s Day!

13. May 11, 2009 at 4:08 am —

that is so precious! I especially like “my mom helps people take pictures with no red eyes” … adorable!

14. May 11, 2009 at 7:37 am —

What great gifts!! I got a new fridge because mine died the day before Mother’s Day. And even better, I got a nap!

15. MariaV
    May 11, 2009 at 9:18 am —

I hope you had an awesome Mother’s Day. Thank you for sharing your cards.

16. Wendi P
    May 11, 2009 at 1:19 pm —

My 6 year old son Jaden did something similar at school. My favorite was when he said “My mom loves it when I sleep.” You’re right, these are priceless.

…although I loved getting a new Canon flash and transmitter for my camera from Daddy and the boys too. I’m thinking daddy wants something big for father’s day next month maybe :O)

17. Brandy
    May 11, 2009 at 12:13 pm —

My kids are 2 and 10 months and I CAN”T WAIT to get gifts like those! How precious!

18. May 12, 2009 at 3:13 am —

wow! this is a precious gift! my most treasured gift is the one i received from my daughter this mom’s day… check it out at http://www.mommyjourney.com/2009/05/what-precious-gift.html

19. May 12, 2009 at 2:54 pm —

OMG…these ARE priceless!!! I guess that was the word I was looking for when I blogged about my Mother’s Day gift! I can’t wait ’til my pre-schooler is old enough to write! These ARE better gifts than a lens!!! I wholeheartedly agree!

20. May 13, 2009 at 11:00 am —

These are so precious it got me choked up 🙂 This was my FIRST mothers day my baby is 10 months and so far he is the best mothers day gift ever!