Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Blueprint – Getting Rid of Poor Color with Photoshop Actions

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Blueprint – Getting Rid of Poor Color with Photoshop Actions

I received this photo from a photographer (who had someone photograph her).  Unfortunately she was on vacation and had slight sunburn and the under exposure and photography emphasized this even more.

She sent it to me to see how I would handle it with actions, and to see if it even could be fixed.  At 1st glance I thought it might need custom post processing.  But I started playing, and wrote each step out so you could see how sometimes even harder problems can be tackled with actions (if you really learn what your actions do and how to use them).

Do you think this is a good save?  What else would you like to see done with this photo? There are a few more things I might do not using actions (but the task at hand was to get as far as I could just with MCP photoshop actions.  How would you have tackled this before to make it better?

blueprint131

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
White Backdrops: How to Photograph on White in Small Spaces
Results from the Survey on Using Bribery in Photography

1. Peggy
    May 22, 2009 at 11:55 am —

Awesome. I love the blue-print posts the best. It really helps me understand how to use the MCP actions to its fullest potential. More blue-print posts – it’s such a visual learning tool. Thanks Jodi.

2. May 22, 2009 at 12:30 pm —

W. O . W!! good save.

3. May 22, 2009 at 4:57 pm —

Jodi-that is an awesome save. It looks beautiful! 🙂 I really, really enjoy using your actions. My absolute fav. The magic skin is great!

4. May 22, 2009 at 7:54 pm —

Wow! What a great job. Once again, I love seeing your recipes. I use your actions all the time.

5. May 22, 2009 at 10:01 pm —

OMG, you just went up like 5,000 notches on the Awesome scale!

6. Christin Beaurline
    May 22, 2009 at 11:12 pm —

Great save! I really cannot believe the improvement….it is that great! Nice work!

7. Laraine Davis
    May 22, 2009 at 11:30 pm —

Jodi – this is amazing. Thanks for sharing these, I have almost all your actions and I love them, and I couldn’t live without them. This helps me alot to see the power of it all. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

8. May 23, 2009 at 2:57 am —

Beautiful! I’ll bet she’s glad she sent you the photo! Your actions are on my wish list 🙂

9. May 23, 2009 at 10:53 am —

amazing what can be done post production – this looks great

10. Jennifer
    May 23, 2009 at 1:19 pm —

Wow! Unbelievable save! You Rock!!!

11. May 23, 2009 at 2:20 pm —

I have to say that your Skin Cast Blast is my FAVORITE and probably my most-used MCP action. So many times, I have been able to make a good photo GREAT by using it to adjust the color cast on a photo. Sometimes I use it and I’m amazed at how much better the image becomes—even though I hardly noticed the color cast in the first place! (although with this one, the color cast was totally noticeable, haha)
    Keep these blue-print posts coming, Jodi. They are very informative but also showcase how amazing your actions are!!!

12. May 23, 2009 at 5:17 pm —

Oh my goodness! I had no idea such a “save” was possible, just incredible. Thanks so much for sharing…I’m hooked!

13. May 24, 2009 at 2:55 pm —

YUCK!!! I had one like this before but it was dark yellow/orange, hard, hard, to fix… The outcome is absolutely amazing… I feel, red and yellow are the hardest things to correct. Blonde hair is hard to play with, it tends to get a gray/blue tint to it… Great composure, nice angle, overall great save!!!! As always Jodi, your actions are a life saver…..

14. May 24, 2009 at 5:30 pm —

I’ve been reading your blog only for a short time now, but this post is the only one that made me want to comment because WOW!!! You did an amazing job

15. Valerie Smith
    February 12, 2012 at 9:51 pm —

Wow…what a great save. Thanks for the blueprint. Love your actions.