I am very excited to have my 1st BIG lens give away on the blog. Tamron USA, Inc. is sponsoring the MCP contest for a brand new lens. The WINNER chooses from the 18-270mm (for a crop sensor Nikon or Canon) or the 28-300mm (for a full frame Nikon or Canon).
This would be an amazing lens to have for travel when changing prime lenses is inconvenient. I can just picture this lens on a trip to Disney World.
To enter, you will need to do the following:
- Post to your blog, twitter and/or facebook about this contest (let people know how to enter and provide a link)
- Come back here and leave a comment writing where you posted (with link so that it can be verified if your post is picked from the random drawing)
- In your comment, please write why you want to win this lens, where you would want to most the lens, and for fun tell us how many lenses you currently own.
To qualify, you must:
- Have a US mailing address that the lens can ship to – this can be yours or a friend or relative but make sure you have one prior to entering (Tamron USA is only authorized to sell and distribute in the US)
- Have a Camera that works with Tamron Lenses. If you do not have a Nikon or Canon SLR, a similar range lens for Pentax or Sony will be substituted.
- Do all the above items explained in the “enter section.”
- Please do not add comments more than once. I approve all comments to limit spam (unless have commented and been approved on another post in recent days). I will approve posts at least once every 12 hours – if not sooner. So be patient and check back. If you see your comment is on many times, email me and let me know what name was used and what post numbers, so I can delete the duplicates in fairness to all.
Contest ends Sunday evening – winner to be drawn at random – and announced via twitter and facebook. If you are not a member of my FAN PAGE join here.
Details on the prize lenses:
TAMRON AF18-270mm VC—The World’s First and Only 15X zoom lens
The perfect all-in-one lens, Tamron’s 15X zoom lens features VC, a proprietary anti-shake mechanism that gives you a 4-stop shutter speed advantage for blur-free hand-held shots. Shoot confidently from wide to ultra-tele with Canon and Nikon APS-C DSLRs. Tamron 18-270mm. Zoomed. Not Shaken.
Tamron AF28-300mm F/3.8-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
Tamron’s AF28-300mm VC zoom lens features an anti-shake mechanism called VC (Vibration Compensation) that lets you take blur-free hand-held pictures at up to four times slower shutter speed than normal. The 28-300mm VC offers the convenience, comfort and versatility of an all-in-one lens that covers everything from standard to super telephoto plus macro.