Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuter

buy for blog post pages 600 wide Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even CuterIf you want better newborn images, take our Online Newborn Photography Workshop.

This photo was sent in by Nilofar Walters of Fig Tree Photography in Australia.  She wrote me an email that read, “First off thank you for a wonderful and informative blog. I have also bought a couple of your actions and I love them! I have a question. How do some newborn and baby photographers create that beautiful, light and creamy look to their photos?”

She is relatively new to newborn photography and with time her straight out of cameras will get better and better too.  But here is what can be achieved in Photoshop.  Step by step of this blueprint before and after is shown below the photos.

babyeditblueprint thumb Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuter

Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuter

twitter Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuterfacebook Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuterpinterest Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cutergoogleplus Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuter

This is a great tip. My brother just had a little one, so i will use this trick to anhance the photo’s i take…. Thanks

MariaV says:

Great tut, Jodi.

Ann says:

This is really remarkable. I just love your blueprints and tutorials!

Sarah says:

Amazing, thanks for the tut.

Angelina says:

I don’t understand step 4. Could you please explain. I saw you do something like this on one of your workflow videos using the eye dropper tool (I think?) and I just can’t comprehend it. Or could you point me in the right direction?

Kathy says:

Beautiful – thanks for sharing (:

Nils says:

Thanks Jodi! You’ve helped me heaps!

Kristin says:

What a transformation this is! I can’t believe it’s from the same original image. Your tutorials/recipes are fantastic, thank you!

Pam says:

Jodi,
    You have a magic touch. That is a beautiful transformation. Would you mind explaining what you mean by a “custom curve”? Is it a manual curve adjustment? Thanks!

Sherri LeAnn says:

Amazing result – very beautiful

MCP Actions says:

custom curve just meant curve I made not in an action. So in this case I lightened midtones using curves.

Penny says:

Beautiful transformation!

[...] Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuter | MCP … [...]

abib says:

Cute newborn,beautiful mcp blue print.Thank fot sharing.

Love how this photo turned out. And with the clarity of the after pic. …Its just beautiful.

These are great actions… you should update this with a newer newborn photography session because you have awesome actions for photographers like us! :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. What baby swing do you like best and is best for a newborn to older baby? | Baby on Board Blog - [...] Blueprint – Baby Time – Making a Cute Newborn Even Cuter | MCP … [...]
Add Comment Register