Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Photoshop Editing Quick Tip: Edit Zoomed In & Out at Same Time

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Photoshop Editing Quick Tip: Edit Zoomed In & Out at Same Time

Do you ever get frustrated as you are editing in Photoshop when you are doing detailed edits and retouching?  Do you wish you could be zoomed in close, but also see the overall effect on the photo? If so, you will love this trick!

Just go to WINDOW – NEW WINDOW (for..) and it will make a mirror of your image.  You can zoom in and out of one.  As you make changes it happens to both in real time.

picture-1

As you can see here I drew a heart and it went onto both images.  So really you have one image being viewed two ways.  Great for all kinds of detailed retouching!

picture-2

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Color Fixing Class Almost Full - New Date Added
7 Easy Ways to Freeze Motion with Your Camera

1. August 31, 2009 at 3:25 pm —

Kuddos Jodi! Love your tips!
    Amy

2. August 31, 2009 at 3:26 pm —

so helpful!! thanks!!

3. August 31, 2009 at 4:07 pm —

Great tip! Thanks!

Haleigh

4. August 31, 2009 at 6:21 pm —

Have I told you lately that you’re the bombdiggity?

5. August 31, 2009 at 8:28 pm —

ewwww! love…love…love it! Thanks for sharing the tip!

6. August 31, 2009 at 8:37 pm —

Thanks Jodi! I did not know about this. I will make editing a bit faster! 🙂

7. August 31, 2009 at 10:50 pm —

That is a great tip! But my question is about the skirt! Where did you get that “puffy twirly skirt”? I have been looking all over for those! I see how cute they look in pictures and would like to buy one for my photography “props” but I can not find them anywhere! And when I try to describe them to people they have no idea what I am talking about! I guess I am not good at the girlie stuff since I only have a boy! HELP!

8. September 1, 2009 at 9:43 am —

OMG, what an awesome tip… Thanks so much as usual… I was needing this, this past weekend… Woohooo.. You rock… Keep them coming…

Sarah,
    those are pettiskirts and you can find them all over the net… The best deals I have found are on ebay… You will find them (solids) for $20-$30 including shipping versus $80-100 for the name brand (I bought 3 of the name brand last year at a local boutique and am kicking myself in the rear since i found these)… HUGE savings… This ebay store also has awesome victorian dresses for a victorian style session.. Fun Fun…

later gators,
    Nik:)

9. September 1, 2009 at 10:15 am —

Sarah, I got these at Nordstrom. And I want to say they were $28 each. They are not as puffy or big as a kaiya eve = but way more comfy so the girls can actually wear them not just for pictures.

10. Diane Stewart
    September 1, 2009 at 4:02 pm —

Cool tip! Definitely one I will use. Thanks

11. veronica starr
    September 2, 2009 at 12:49 am —

HOLY CRAP!!! that is just what needed!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

12. September 5, 2009 at 12:30 pm —

Thanks for the info! I am ordering some now!

13. September 10, 2009 at 11:58 am —

I love helpful new tips and this is a great one. Thanks!