Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

CONTEST: $1,900 worth of Prizes – WordSmith Guides to Help Your Photography Business

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Yesterday Joyce Smith shared on the MCP Blog about the important role of confidence in having a successful photography business. Now it is your turn.

wordsmith-logo-web-41

WordSmith is giving away 5 HUGE Prizes – each Prize is valued at $380.  This is a total of $1,900 worth of prizes.

Each of the 5 winners will get all 5 guides:

{what to wear}: seniors guide (Brand New)

senior pricing menu (Brand New)

{what to wear}: children and families

{what to write}: the perfect words for client communications

{how to sell}: the complete online sales workflow

To those who just have to have some of these right away, use the code “mcp” now through November 1st for 15% off any of the WordSmith Products.

To enter the contest:

1. Think about your level of confidence in both your personal and professional lives.  How does confidence relate to your ability to interact with others, your ability to capture the pictures you love, and your ability to sell yourself and your work to clients?  (If you are not in business you can skip this last one.)  Rate your confidence on a scale of 1-10 and explain your score.  If your confidence is not good, please share what you plan to work on to get it there.  Conversely, if you have a lot of confidence, please share a tip on something you do to help yourself feel more confident. Enter your thorough comment on this post (commenting on Facebook does not count – you must be on the blog at https://mcpactions.com).

2. Blog about this contest, post to twitter or post to your facebook wall or page, letting people know to come here and enter. Once you do this come back and get a BONUS comment – just tell us which you did.

Sample Twitter Post:  Win 5 WordSmith What to Wear, How to Sell, What to Write Guides & Pricing Guides @mcpactions – http://tinyurl.com/winguides

Sample Facebook Wall Post: Are you confident? Do you lack confidence? Come share your thoughts on confidence at MCP Actions Blog @ http://tinyurl.com/winguides and have a chance to win $380 in WordSmith What to Wear, How to Sell, What to Write and How to Price Guides.

Here is a sneak peek at all the WordSmith products:

what-to-wear-seniors-promo-1what-to-wear-seniors-promo-2

pricing-menu-screen-shot-with-sample

what_to_wear_web_preview

6a00d83452210a69e2010536e54790970b-pi

6a00d83452210a69e201156f3adffe970c-800wi

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Confidence: A Crutial Component to Business Success
Free Black and White Photoshop Actions: Breast Cancer Awareness

1. October 26, 2009 at 6:10 pm —

Confidence building! I have ups and downs, like when I lost a catalog in Lightroom because I accidentally unplugged the power strip thinking it was the lamp, or up when I get compliments on my work. I think most of the time I’m at 7. I’m new in my photography business and reading and talking to everyone I can to get up and going. I know I can do it! Posting to my Facebook:

2. October 27, 2009 at 1:22 am —

confidence is my biggest hinderance. i am not yet in business, but will be once my life settles. i tend to be on the shy side and not always sure what to say, but i am improving quite a bit. i have a great eye for photography, but am still learning the best settings for all the different types of lighting and shots, etc. as i gain more confidence in my ability to interact with others i know i will be able to succeed. it is a process. i would say that my confidence level is at about a 5 right now.

3. October 27, 2009 at 10:06 am —

i’d say the your confidence level goes hand in hand with your comfort level. i think when you are confident in your skills at finding the “sweet light” with your camera/settings – well, when you get that, it all just falls into place. you’re more comfortable with your style, your camera, directing your sessions, standing your ground, etc. the more confident you are, the better your photography.

the “confidence factor” for me is around 6 or so. i would be a much higher number for interaction if it was just with the kiddos that i photograph b/c i love silliness and playing around with them – that part comes naturally for me. however, when it comes to the parents, i am working on speaking up at the photo sessions about things like “mom, just wander over there and let me have a bit of time with them”. it seems that when the moms hover, the kids get nervous and i see it but don’t speak strongly enough to get them to scoot. then i regret it when i am proofing the images. the best sessions images for me happen when the mom is busy with another sibling while i am one-on-one with the other.

so as my skills have gotten better, my style is coming out because i am not scrambling just to get the sweet camera settings. now i am more apt to “direct the session” more than before and it appears the clients appreciate the direction after all. huh, go figure.

4. October 30, 2009 at 12:49 pm —

Confidence. Yea, that is a HUGE part of this job. I absolutely feel that you have to believe in yourself or this field could very easily take a very stressful turn in your life. I have spent the last 6 months fluttering in and out of feeling confident. It’s one of those things that can be as hard to hold as a moonbeam. It’s something that I am constantly working on.

One of the things i have found that can either help or seriously hurt is when I spend my time comparing myself to others. If I consider what i’m looking at as inspiration, then I am motivated to push myself to be better. The downside, however, is when i spend my time comparing myself to others. This is not a good plan. When I start to do this, and tell myself that I’m not as good as_____ then my self confidence drops off the radar. My husband and I jokingly (or not so jokingly) refer to this as the “10:15 Meltdown”. The nights I spend looking at other people’s work and judging mine in a negative light, usually end in a breakdown at 10:15 and he spends the next hour+ pepping me back up.

Which leads me to my next tip. GO TO BED! There is nothing worse for creativity levels than being overtired. It’s totally a confidence sucker. And when that happens, it absolutely affects my skill. I’m not as peppy with my clients, I start to dread my sessions instead of being giddy about them, my stress levels shoot through the roof, and I second guess all of my instincts which is what my clients hire me for. Bad combo.

The last big tip i have is to pray. I truly believe that we are given certain gifts to help and change the world. And my best way to tap into this, especially when i’m insecure, is to pray for help. It’s such a good reminder for me to know that I am capable, and talented, and worth it in the eyes of someone who loves me unconditionally and believes in me no matter what.

So, trust yourself, give your self a “you-can-do-it” pep talk before working, stop blog hopping for awhile, pray if your a praying type (and maybe even if you’re not), and get some sleep.

On that note, I would say my current level of confidence is about a 8.5. But ask me tonight at 10:15 🙂

5. October 30, 2009 at 12:52 pm —

i also twatted (love that word!) @amylittlephotog

6. October 30, 2009 at 8:13 pm —

I feel like I am very much lacking the confidence that I need to become a “real” photographer. I do find, however, that the more I educate myself, the better I feel about my talent and I think it shows. But, ugh, I don’t know if I’ll ever feel like I have it all together!

These guides look utterly fabulous. Just sayin’. 🙂

7. November 1, 2009 at 8:44 pm —

Hmmm. I think this business is mostly about confidence. Your photography can be so-so, but if in your mind you ROCK, then it will show in your confidence. Once I decided i was in a happy place with my photography, others did too. It also helped me be more creative without worrying about what others thought.
    So, I give my confidence level an 8, and give you this advice…..convince yourself that your the B-O-M-B…act like it (not a jerk, just bomb-diggity) and others will follow suite!
    Smiles,