CONTEST: $1,900 worth of Prizes – WordSmith Guides to Help Your Photography Business

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Yesterday Joyce Smith shared on the MCP Blog about the important role of confidence in having a successful photography business. Now it is your turn.

wordsmith-logo-web-41

WordSmith is giving away 5 HUGE Prizes – each Prize is valued at $380.  This is a total of $1,900 worth of prizes.

Each of the 5 winners will get all 5 guides:

{what to wear}: seniors guide (Brand New)

senior pricing menu (Brand New)

{what to wear}: children and families

{what to write}: the perfect words for client communications

{how to sell}: the complete online sales workflow

To those who just have to have some of these right away, use the code “mcp” now through November 1st for 15% off any of the WordSmith Products.

To enter the contest:

1. Think about your level of confidence in both your personal and professional lives.  How does confidence relate to your ability to interact with others, your ability to capture the pictures you love, and your ability to sell yourself and your work to clients?  (If you are not in business you can skip this last one.)  Rate your confidence on a scale of 1-10 and explain your score.  If your confidence is not good, please share what you plan to work on to get it there.  Conversely, if you have a lot of confidence, please share a tip on something you do to help yourself feel more confident. Enter your thorough comment on this post (commenting on Facebook does not count – you must be on the blog at https://mcpactions.com).

2. Blog about this contest, post to twitter or post to your facebook wall or page, letting people know to come here and enter. Once you do this come back and get a BONUS comment – just tell us which you did.

Sample Twitter Post:  Win 5 WordSmith What to Wear, How to Sell, What to Write Guides & Pricing Guides @mcpactions – http://tinyurl.com/winguides

Sample Facebook Wall Post: Are you confident? Do you lack confidence? Come share your thoughts on confidence at MCP Actions Blog @ http://tinyurl.com/winguides and have a chance to win $380 in WordSmith What to Wear, How to Sell, What to Write and How to Price Guides.

Here is a sneak peek at all the WordSmith products:

what-to-wear-seniors-promo-1what-to-wear-seniors-promo-2

pricing-menu-screen-shot-with-sample

what_to_wear_web_preview

6a00d83452210a69e2010536e54790970b-pi

6a00d83452210a69e201156f3adffe970c-800wi

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Confidence: A Crutial Component to Business Success
Free Black and White Photoshop Actions: Breast Cancer Awareness

1. Nydia Kehnle
    October 21, 2009 at 9:57 am —

I would rate my confidence a 6 when it comes to actually photographing and an 7 when it comes to selling. Its kind of funny because I am not a very social person even though I am a portrait photographer. I think that is my biggest hurdle is that I get anxious meeting my new clients.

2. October 21, 2009 at 9:56 am —

After pondering this “confidence” questions for a few moments, I remembered how timid I was when I was initially beginning this journey as a photographer.(I would estimate my confidence level as a 3 then….) I remembered how I lacked confidence in myself and my product. This has evolved and changed over the past few years for the better. I can’t say that my confidence is through the roof now and I will explain why in a bit. When first starting out, there are so many things to learn (business, blog, website, workflow and proofing) and a sense of being overwhelmed which can drain confidence itself. Slowly, though…..things fall into place and you start feeling comfortable in your own skin again. Clients “love” your work and start becoming repeat customers and telling friends. That, by itself, I feel is a confidence booster.Slowly, I began to look for new ways to market myself, put my name out there, and be confident that I am a photographer!
    Now to my confidence level today…….I believe that it is probably around a 7. I say that because I can honestly sit down in front of my computer and look up my favorite photographers that I want to be “just like…..when I grow up” and I look at their work in awe. They inspire me and then I aspire to become even better. I think it is good to be humble about your work and want to always improve and the number 7 makes me happy that I am no longer a 3, yet gives me a drive to improve to a 9…..and I am not so sure that I would ever “want” to be a 10!

3. October 21, 2009 at 9:55 am —

My personal confidence is about a 9…not due to arrogance, just the fact that I don’t rely on other people’s opinions in regards to my self esteem. Professionally, I’m about a 4 as a photographer…I really to need to learn so much more technically. But…I rate myself about an 8 in confidence in my “niche” photography, which is taking ordinary photographs and enhancing them with textures, etc. to become more like art. I enjoy that and take no offense at all if everyone doesn’t like my style, I like it!

4. October 21, 2009 at 9:52 am —

I tweeted! JeanineKrupp on Twitter

5. Dana
    October 21, 2009 at 9:50 am —

hmmm. My confidence level varies. Sometimes I’ll meet a fun happy couple or some adorable kids and I have a clear idea of what I want to see as a finished product. I am just on a high…usually about an 8.

But there are other times when I am at a 2! When I have people who are unenthusiastic or I am shooting something that I’m not comfortable with. For example I did a commercial shoot recently. They liked my portraits and how I work with people….but stock photography is completely different! There are so many nitpicky details that I have to watch for….where in a portrait situation, they would be less of a concern.

I try to get my confidence level up by having a clear idea of what I am going to do. If I am shooting a senior, I will look at other senior pics I have done and then hit flickr for some inspiration to keep me from resorting to the same old thing over and over. If I have kids or a wedding, I try to make sure I am overly preped. Not just with my equipment, but with my mental outlook. I can’t race from chasing my kids to shooting a sleepy baby without a moment to calm myself down and think about where I am going to be…

6. October 21, 2009 at 9:50 am —

Facebook comment added : http://www.facebook.com/liljami95

7. October 21, 2009 at 9:48 am —

Posted on Facebook!!!

8. October 21, 2009 at 9:47 am —

I would rate my confidence level around 5. Confidence is one of my biggest hurdles. It easier to hide behind the camera and work on those skills or sit for hours at the computer gaining knowledge and working on photoshop skills. I know that having confidence in myself and selling myself to clients is a lot harder. For me I remind myself of my ‘current’ knowledge base and remind myself of my passion and that is how I prepare myself to sell what I love. Another helpful thing to me is exercising, which has been sorely lacking as I put too much time in on the computer. When I work out it makes me feel better which in turn helps me feel better in front of people and behind the camera (with all the bending, laying, standing on benches, etc.) So for me, it is important to remember my passion, feel good about my self and find balance/organization to my life so I can convey all that to my clients, present and future. That was a lot easier to type than it is to pull it all together within myself though! Thanks for your post on confidence. It really got me thinking!

9. October 21, 2009 at 9:47 am —

My confidence level is about a 5. I feel like I’m still having to work hard to produce consistent results so I tend to get nervous at sessions and I don’t come across very confident. I want to learn my gear better so that I’m not fumbling around during sessions. I also want to try to fix up my studio and my wardrobe so I come across with a higher level of professionalism. And most importantly I want to be able to value my work at the highest level possible.

10. October 21, 2009 at 9:46 am —

I would rate my confidence as a 4. My reasons being that I am just starting out in the business. I do tend to be kinda shy and not well with words. Yet I have been working on my photography skills since I was in high school. I can see that I am improving and that definitely boosts my confidence up. Especially when I have an amazing sessions that turns into fabulous photos, at least to me! Another downfall is I am a stay at home mom (not that that is the downfall) and I don’t have the funds to buy an amazing blog or website like a lot of the professional photographers. Having to figure everything out on my own has also brought my confidence down. I am a very fast learner, but it takes a lot of time to learn all the business aspect, which I still haven’t quite yet. I am trying to improve each day though.

11. October 21, 2009 at 9:46 am —

I tweeted about the contest -jodylynnphoto 🙂

12. October 21, 2009 at 9:45 am —
  13. October 21, 2009 at 9:43 am —

To be honest my confidence fluctuates quite often. Sometimes I will nail a session and be like wow that worked! Other times I will think wow I wish I would have done this or that. I think my confidence level is about a 6 right now. I think confidence is HUGE in this business. I don’t see how a shy person could really sell their ideas as well as someone who is more confident and more of an extrovert.

14. October 21, 2009 at 9:43 am —

I’d say my confidence score is about a 3 or 4 right now. I’m just starting out in business, but have been taking pictures and photography classes for several years. I think I take good pictures, but I have a lot to learn about the post-process: editing, pricing, etc. I’m also very introverted, so I really need to work on putting myself out there and trying to attract more clients. I’m trying to do this by building a website and still learning as much as I can to improve my photography and editing skills. I would love to hear how other photographers worked on these things when they were just starting out in their businesses!

15. October 21, 2009 at 9:39 am —

I tweeted the contest!!! @infinityimages

16. October 21, 2009 at 9:38 am —

OMG!! I soooo need these guides!! Jodi you are incredible to be giving people these opportunities!! I would say my confidence level is a 5 on the inside and a 9 on the outside. I feel comfortable with my skill but not totally confident yet. However, I never portray this to my clients. I want them to feel like they are getting the best so I portray that I’m the best. They never know that I’m second-guessing myself through the entire session. I always feel much better when I get back to my computer and start editing and see that I had no reason to worry. I just can’t help it. I noticed when I first started out practicing on people, that I gave the vibe that I did not know what I was doing. This did not help the “clients” relax and enjoy the sessions. I noticed that the more confident I became, the more relaxed they were which really helped capture better images.

17. October 21, 2009 at 9:38 am —

confidence:
    personally– i have remained rather meek most of my life. that said, never possessed much confidence. i think my confidence levels have grown as i have grown and matured as a person.
    professionally– i am able to be a bit more confident b/c i believe in what i do and i LOVE it. i interact much easier with others concerning photography than i would in normal everyday situations. on the business/marketing aspect of things, i am still a little hesitant, probably from a lack of experience AND at times, being a little too involved “emotionally” as stated in an earlier post by Jodi and pricing myself. i have come to realize that what i do is valuable, the time i spend doing it is beyond valuable and i need to treat myself as valuable. i need to become better @ communicating that in my work and selling my product to others.
    on a scale of 1-10, i would rate my confidence @ 6-7. i know there is room for improvement and growth.

18. October 21, 2009 at 9:21 am —

Bonus entry: My tweet about the contest: http://www.twitter.com/sillecindy

19. October 21, 2009 at 9:20 am —

I would rate my confidence level at a 5. The reason for this: I am shy and just overall tend to feel like I don’t measure up or have much to offer. However, I have been working diligently at my photography for 3 years now, and I know I have improved by leaps and bounds. I definitely feel better about myself and my work when I do a great session and get lots of positive feedback from it. I also have better self confidence when I make an effort to improve my appearance. I plan to work on my confidence level by paying special attention to my attire and grooming (not that I am usually a slob, but when I go to the extra trouble to have a professional appearance, it really makes me feel more confident). In this same vein, I strive to appear professional whenever I am out in public, because you never know when you might run into a client or a potential client.

I am also trying to focus on all the positive feedback I have received from clients, friends, and family. I tend to have alot of negative self-talk in my mind, and I need to let all the real world praise drown that out. I am good enough to do this!

I am working on improving my website to better reflect my work and my style, while also making it more complete so that potential clients may have a full pictures of the experience and the products offered by my studio. Having a solid, attractive site to back me up will give me more confidence in my business.

I definitely feel that confidence level is extremely important for selling my work and my portrait experience. I have to believe in myself if I expect others to believe in me.

I look forward to reading the tips from those with buckets of confidence;)