Drop It Modern Backdrops {Brianna Graham Style}

dropitmodern-2

I often end up on Brianna Graham’s site as MCP readers will email me questions on how she post processes.  And while I only can make guesses, the one time I met her at the Secret Workshop, she was teaching studio work, not her post processing.  And even if she did share her knowledge, it would not be ethical to pass it on…  But ever since I met her in person, I wondered about her amazing fabric backdrops.

I have recently found out that she uses Drop It Modern backdrops.  So I checked out their site and gave them a call.  And they sent me a backdrop to try.  I love the Soho print (just so me).  I had so much fun photographing my twins on it.  It is beautiful in person. My studio is super tiny so I have the 4×9′ drop and shot mainly closeups using my 50 1.2 and 85 1.2 lenses.  I did not shoot wide open since I did not want the fabric to completely blur out – but tried between 4.0 and 8.0 depending on the shot.

In talking to the company, they have offered to do a code for MCP Blog readers through the end of the year – use “mcpactions10″ for 10% off now through the end of the year.

Here are a few shots I took with it:

dropitmodern-11

dropitmodern-12

dropitmodern-17

dropitmodern-21

dropitmodern-31

dropitmodern-261

dropitmodern-38

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

[…] 1 votes vote Drop It Modern Backdrops {Brianna Graham Style} I often end up on Brianna Graham’s site as MCP readers will email me questions on how she […]

andrea says:

Thanks so much for the passing on the great site. Love the back drops they have. And love the discount as well! Thanks again for sharing this info with us!

Shelly LeBlanc says:

Awesome as usual, Jodi!!

Jodi your girls are gorgeous, and that backdrop is TDF! If only we could get something even remotely similar here in Australia!

Tiffany says:

Jodi, you are evil! lol All these deals you get for us make me want to spend money I should be saving up for more equipment. ;)

MCP Actions says:

Tiffany,

Well resist temptation then. I will say that I got the size that was only 4 feet across (9 feet in length) – and that will keep cost down if you are using it for individual shots.

Hope that helps.

Jodi

katie m says:

Awesome! I just ordered soho Thank you so much!!

beautiful shots of your girls, love that backdrop!!

Gale says:

Adore the last photo. The expression on her face is priceless.

Danielle says:

Love it! I must say pink and black is my favorite-where did you get that darling dress??? I love it!

Issac Maez says:

I was searching for photography tutorials when I found your site. Great post. Thank You.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Drop It Modern Backdrops {Brianna Graham Style} - [...] 1 votes vote …
Add Comment Register