Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares

Thank you to Camilla Binks of Camilla Photography for this week’s Blurprints. I asked her the story about the model and these beautiful pictures and here is what she said, “This is my beloved sister, Noel.  Isn’t she gorgeous!?!?  She is a mother of two with her youngest being just 5 months old.  I was walking through a pumpkin patch with my little ones the other day and saw these amazing empty greenhouses that just looked like a big huge softbox with this gorgeous diffused light pouring through.  It called to me so I decided I needed to do a quick little shoot there that week for me.  After looking through the portfolios of a bunch of lovely young, single models, I realized that my sister would be even more perfect for this shoot than any of these models.  Just goes to show that a mother of two can still work it like an 18 year old!  I love that!”

I love the lessons here.  You can be beautiful and glow even after children – and that sometimes we should shoot “just because” and for ourselves to just enjoy the experience and see our own artist vision with no expectations from customers.

Here are 4 Blueprints Camilla did from her “fun” shoot.

Blueprint 1: Used MCP Photoshop Actions

Touch of Light and Darkness
All in the Details – COLOR and brushed skin back at 100%.
Bag of Tricks PRESTO DIGITAL DIET.
All in the Details BURN OUT at 50%
All in the Details TUNNEL VISION around the edges.
Applied a little homemade texture set to Overlay and 50%.  Masked off skin.
and finished with a SNAP from the Quickie Collection.

camilla binks1 Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares

Blueprint 2: Used MCP Photoshop Actions

Touch of Light and Darkness here and there.
All in the Details – COLOR and brushed skin back at 100%.
Bag of Tricks – INTENSE COLOR FINDER, skirt and hair
Magic Skin’s POWDER YOUR NOSE.
All in the Details BURN OUT at 50%
All in the Details TUNNEL VISION around the edges.
and finished with a POP and a SNAP from the Quickie Collection.

camilla binks2 Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares

Blueprint 3: Used MCP Photoshop Actions

Touch of Light and Darkness
Bag of Tricks PRESTO DIGITAL DIET
All in the Details – COLOR and brushed skin at 100%.
Magic Skin’s POWDER YOUR NOSE
All in the Details BURN OUT at 50%
All in the Details TUNNEL VISION around the edges.
and finished with a POP and a SNAP from the Quickie Collection

camilla binks3 Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares

Blueprint 4: Used MCP Photoshop Actions

Touch of Light and Darkness.
Bag of Tricks PRESTO DIGITAL DIET
All in the Details SOFT COLOR  – brushed off skin at 100%.
Magic Skin’s POWDER YOUR NOSE
All in the Details BURN OUT at 50%
All in the Details TUNNEL VISION around the edges.
and finished with a POP and a SNAP from the Quickie Collection

camilla binks4 Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares

Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares

twitter Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Sharesfacebook Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Sharespinterest Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Sharesgoogleplus Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares

Tonya Holsey says:

That last blueprint is amazing!! Wonderful Work ;)

[...] 1 votes vote Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares Thank you to Camilla Binks of Camilla Photography for this week’s Blurprints. I asked her [...]

Courtney says:

WOW beautiful images and amazing work!!!!

Becky says:

Wow, I’m sold!! Love this place. Thanks Jodi

Terry Lee says:

Thanks for sharing these fun pictures…beautiful work and a great way to see the “Bag of Tricks” in action. The orbs of light in the last one are special…they look like fairies in the field…cool!
    xo

tricia nugen says:

OMG! These are awesome! Now, I just need someone to shoot me! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle says:

Beautiful work. Love, Love, Love the field shots!

Sylvia Cook says:

Beautiful, that must have been so fun!!

Debbie says:

Beautiful work, love your story. Camilla, would you share with us about the location…when you discovered it, how did you approach the owners? Were they open to having you shoot there, no problems? Thanks!

Alexandra says:

Wow these are awesome!

Absolutely stunning!!

I was looking at these and when I got to the bottom I had a thought “this sure does look like you” so I scrolled to the top and read, which is what I should do first, heehe! Its your sister, wow you two look alike! Had to share with you???lol

Great lesson ~ Great shots! The last one is my favorite, I’m a big fan of fields and weeds:)

Hi Debbie! I just asked the girls at the front desk the day I first saw the greenhouses. I figured since they were not being used and we would be coming during regular business hours that we wouldn’t be bothering anyone. They were so nice and totally agreed. Easy as pie! But I know if it were a larger and more popular pumpkin patch that they would have been a little more stingy. A lot of times if I just promise to blog about their business then they’re game!

Debbie says:

Camilla,

Thank you so much for the response. I do appreciate it. Just curious. I’m in Oregon. I’ve been getting my nerve up to just go up and ask also. I was wondering if you offered them some kind of prints, but blogging about their business is a great alternative. Thanks, again.

Pam says:

These are absolutely gorgeous works of art, Camilla! Love your vision and the story. You have definetly shown your sister’s inner and outer beauty through your talent. Thank you for sharing and giving us the bluprint recipe from Jodi’s actions.

Stephanie says:

Seriously these pictures rock and that outfit is to die for!!

I need a new website because my current one says it all! Just visit it and you will see for yourself!!!!!!!! I’m really in desperate need of something professional!!!1
    Debbie Perrin

Keshia says:

I love her look….very edgy looking. The pics are very editorial…..I’m thinking “Vanity Fair” or something.

Wow! Those images are beautiful! The editing is outstanding.

Jenny says:

Love these blueprints!!! Great job.

I love the tones in the last photo!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blueprint: A Mom or a Model? Some Fan Shares - [...] 1 votes vote …
Add Comment Register