This Blueprint was sent in by April Kuhlmann of Once In Every Life Photography.
“Fall is gorgeous here in Alabama right now! I took this shot last week late afternoon, out on a rural railroad track while during a Senior Portrait session. A reflector was used in this shot too for light bounce. As you can see Canon images can be (in my opinion) dull- these photoshop actions are perfect for editing! Image was shot with the Canon 5d Mark II and the 70-200 USM IS. F/5, ISO500, 1/500.
I made only a slight temperature adjustment in raw.
- I started with the Bag of Tricks’ Magical Color Finder Vivid brush (over the whole image except skin). Brush opacity was set to 65% and layer opacity increased to 85%
- Second I went in with Bag of Tricks’ Magic Dark on the trees and other areas to increase the dynamics a bit. Painted with 50% brush, changed layer opacity to 80%
- Minor exposure and gamma correction and Bag of Tricks’ Magic light for a bit of lightening on the skin
- Used Eye Doctor on the eyes
- Then I ran Bag of Tricks’ Magical Color Finder Vivid Brush with the same settings as above except opacity at 20%, used this on the track leaves and the oranges on the trees in the background
- Again ran Magic dark once more to for some additional popping on the train tracks/railroad ties at 25% opacity
- Lastly midtone lifter at 17%
VOILA! Hope you like it!
Jodi- I LOVE THESE ACTIONS! I am addicted in the best possible way! Thanks again for all you do!”