YAY! I am so excited. The big day is finally here. The day where my newly designed e-commerce website, launched in December, meets its twin sister, the newly re-designed MCP Blog. Please come look around, tell your friends, and spread the word through Twitter and Facebook.
For those of you who follow me, you know that this journey started a year ago, and I went through a few web designers for each project, before I met “the ones.”
I hope you have been enjoying all the great features of the website, and I know you will love the functionality of the blog.
Here is a list of my favorite new features (not necessarily in order):
- The outer layout of the blog, including the navigation, sides, and footer is an identical twin sister to the website. Now that my business and site has grown so much, this is important for consistency and branding.
- Better search functionality – big search box to look for answers to your questions, topics covered in the past, tutorials, and more.
- Social media icons right at the top – please make sure to join me on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Flickr, and subscribe to the blog via email or RSS.
- The coolest thing – the carousel – see recently featured posts by scrolling through images. This is just too fun!
- Tabs to get to posts in the 5 most popular categories on the blog.
- The side bar – yep – the sacrifice is smaller photos. But the side bar means easy access to many posts, polls, archives, and more…
- Speaking of polls, check my new poll out – vote for your favorite new features.
- Share button – I made a share button just for your site or blog. If you want to share that you love MCP. Just copy the code. If you need a different size for your blog, contact me.
- Tweet and Facebook quick share buttons at the top of every post. The fun part is watching the number go up by one when you share a post with your photographer friends.
Thank you to all of my friends, fans and followers. This new blog is for you and because of you. Enjoy!