Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business

Are you looking for marketing materials for your photography business?

I am so excited for this contest.  Elena Wilken of EW Couture Collection has beautiful templates, cards, and marketing materials for photographers. And she has generously donated amazing prizes for the contest.

The Prizes: 3 winners total

Plus for everyone else:

How to enter:

• Write in the comments on this post (not on Facebook notes or wall) – your best marketing tip.  Share your “best” marketing tip you use in your photography business to help it grow. The tip can be something that would work for general photography or even a marketing tip for a specific type of photography. Share what helps bring in business, creates word of mouth, or gets your name out there. If you are not in business, you can share a marketing idea that worked on you as a consumer or one you wish to try in the future. I will take some of best marketing tips for photographers and combine them into a future post, since many do not read through comments. So by participating, you are agreeing that I may use your ideas in a future article.  If desired, you can add a picture to support your idea in the comments.

*** Other ways to get bonus contest entries ***

How to get extra entries in the MCP Actions Photoshop Contest

Here are a small sampling of the offerings you can choose from as the grand prize winner.

Marketing Materials for Photographers: Senior Cards and Senior Templates
senior templates and marketing materialssenior photography marketing materials

Marketing Materials for Photographers: Business Card Templates, Letterhead Templates, CD/DVD, Postcards, Brochure Templates and more…business materials for photographers

Elena W is a graphic designer by trade and education and a self taught photographer. She started creating templates first, as little thank you gifts for photographers who have offered her inspiration and help in her journey.
And that’s how EW Couture was born, still in its baby stage. Expect the release of a lot more fun, elegant and trendy products in the months and years to come. Products that bring additional value to your business.

Elena lives with her husband and 2 and a half year old in Portland, Oregon and works full time as a graphic designer.

She is also continuing to make available monthly, free templates and resources for photographers through her newsletter.

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
5 Keys to Searchability and SEO for Photographers
My Camera Takes Really Nice Pictures

1. Aeron Johnson {Aeron Johnson Photography}
    March 24, 2010 at 8:51 am —

I would have to say that my best marketing tip (besides word of mouth) is advertising. Myspace, Facebook, and mailings. If you don’t advertise, they won’t even know you are there!

2. March 24, 2010 at 8:51 am —

I’m an MCP facebook fan (Katrina Grace Sevin)

3. March 24, 2010 at 8:50 am —

I have only very recently launched my business, but what I have seen work well for others in my area are mini sessions with a holiday theme (Christmas, Mothers/Fathers’ Day, Easter, Halloween, etc.) Thanks for the chance- I just love Elena’s marketing templates!

4. March 24, 2010 at 8:49 am —

Word of mouth is definitely the best. This year I offered to photograph families in our play group that were unable to afford pictures for their Christmas cards. Word spread fast and more and more people were contacting me for hire. It really took no time out of my day, it was huge for the families in need, and in the end it gave me more future jobs.

5. March 24, 2010 at 8:49 am —

A great tip I’ve received is giving clients a set of wallets with their order to use as referral cards. Pick your favorite photo form the session, put your studio/contact information on the back and let mom brag about her beautiful family and how much she enjoyed her portrait experience with you.

6. March 24, 2010 at 8:49 am —

Get visual examples to show your clients – they always sell more product.

7. Greg H
    March 24, 2010 at 8:36 am —

My best marketing tip is to have some type of contest/drawing for a free photo session. This way you can collect names/addresses/emails for all the non-winners for future business.

8. Greg H
    March 24, 2010 at 8:33 am —

Facebook fan

9. Jenn
    March 24, 2010 at 8:31 am —

Reducing price per unit if buy larger numbers, which encourages them to be more likely to purchase copies to give to family and friends – which spreads the word.

10. William Chang
    March 24, 2010 at 8:29 am —

One of my marketing tip is using facebook ads. It’s a great way to target new clients in your area. Setup an ad campaign and target engaged couples in your area to your facebook page or website. This will help you bring more traffic and potential new clients for your website and business.

11. March 24, 2010 at 8:28 am —

My best marketing tip is be excellent because word of mouth referrals go a long way with people. When they have a great experience with you, they will pass your name on!

12. Greg H
    March 24, 2010 at 8:25 am —

13. Greg H
    March 24, 2010 at 8:25 am —

14. March 24, 2010 at 8:22 am —

I have found that a simple thank you card goes a long way. After each session I send out a personalized 4×6 photo from the session with a little note saying thank you. I have found that my referrals have increased by doing this.

15. March 24, 2010 at 8:19 am —

16. March 24, 2010 at 8:19 am —

17. March 24, 2010 at 8:18 am —

18. March 24, 2010 at 8:14 am —

One of the marketing tips Im beginning to implement in my business is to include referral cards with each order. That way they are pre-qualifying future customers for you!

19. March 24, 2010 at 8:10 am —

What has worked for me, is to THINK LOCAL. My first ‘official’ act as a ‘photographer’ once I had my shiny new DSLR was when I turned up at a local sporting event where there were no other photographers and started shooting with permission of the organisers, they were so grateful for the coverage of their local event that they were announcing my name all day, along with the website address where the pictures would be available for viewing later. After that, I had people by the dozen asking for my card, and then emailing and calling later about the photographs. Just get out there and DO IT!

20. March 24, 2010 at 8:08 am —

I would have to say my best marketing tip to date has been word of mouth and doing charity work – I wish I could say that I had other stuff but sadly at the moment I can’t really afford much of anything else