Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business

Are you looking for marketing materials for your photography business?

I am so excited for this contest.  Elena Wilken of EW Couture Collection has beautiful templates, cards, and marketing materials for photographers. And she has generously donated amazing prizes for the contest.

The Prizes: 3 winners total

Plus for everyone else:

How to enter:

• Write in the comments on this post (not on Facebook notes or wall) – your best marketing tip.  Share your “best” marketing tip you use in your photography business to help it grow. The tip can be something that would work for general photography or even a marketing tip for a specific type of photography. Share what helps bring in business, creates word of mouth, or gets your name out there. If you are not in business, you can share a marketing idea that worked on you as a consumer or one you wish to try in the future. I will take some of best marketing tips for photographers and combine them into a future post, since many do not read through comments. So by participating, you are agreeing that I may use your ideas in a future article.  If desired, you can add a picture to support your idea in the comments.

*** Other ways to get bonus contest entries ***

How to get extra entries in the MCP Actions Photoshop Contest

Here are a small sampling of the offerings you can choose from as the grand prize winner.

Marketing Materials for Photographers: Senior Cards and Senior Templates
senior templates and marketing materialssenior photography marketing materials

Marketing Materials for Photographers: Business Card Templates, Letterhead Templates, CD/DVD, Postcards, Brochure Templates and more…business materials for photographers

Elena W is a graphic designer by trade and education and a self taught photographer. She started creating templates first, as little thank you gifts for photographers who have offered her inspiration and help in her journey.
And that’s how EW Couture was born, still in its baby stage. Expect the release of a lot more fun, elegant and trendy products in the months and years to come. Products that bring additional value to your business.

Elena lives with her husband and 2 and a half year old in Portland, Oregon and works full time as a graphic designer.

She is also continuing to make available monthly, free templates and resources for photographers through her newsletter.

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
5 Keys to Searchability and SEO for Photographers
My Camera Takes Really Nice Pictures

1. rich conflitti
    April 3, 2010 at 10:01 am —

After the order is complete. Proofed, Printed, and Delivered. I follow up with a complimentary 8×10 of an artistic version of my client’s favorite photo. Using either actions or if knowledgeable in photoshop, produce an artistic interpretation. I usually print the photo on a unique paper such as linen, canvas or metallic(mpix) Included is a handwritten thank you note and 10 business cards to handout to friends and family. This is a hit.

2. April 16, 2010 at 1:41 am —

Marketing TIp #1: Purchase a photo purse or bag using your own photo!. Although, probably more suitable for female photographers, when your out and about people will approach you raving about your unique bag. Then you can easily tell them about your photography business and hand them your business cards. It is a great way to get new cliental.

Marketing Tip #2: Give Your Business a Birthday Party! Thank your business associates and supporters while creating some buzz about your business by hosting a birthday party or other event at a local hot spot. This could be a winery, upscale restaurant or popular hotel. Don’t worry this doesn’t have to be too expensive, you can easily take a group for wine tasting at less then ($20 per person). You will generate interest in your business from other patrons at the location (hotels and other establishments will generally place signs “Jane Studios Event”), you guest will be happy you invited them creating a stronger business bond, the employees of the establishment will get to know the “fun” side of your photography business and lastly its a great way for you to enjoy your accomplishments.

3. Tommy Botello Photography
    April 29, 2010 at 10:30 am —

I hope I’m not to late! I’ve found making simple 4×6 photos with what you would consider your best shot along with some contact info make great affordable “business cards”. Then talk with local businesses, such as restaurants, to see if they mind you placing them at the entrances and at the counters.

4. May 4, 2010 at 4:01 pm —

Recently, I started giving ” mommy & Me” playdate cards with my clients fav image, her contact info and my website address. Something she really loves to hand out to everyone she knows. It is a great way to get your name out there.

5. July 10, 2010 at 1:37 am —

This theme is simply matchless

6. July 22, 2010 at 4:35 pm —

I live in a very small rural community and just breaking into the market has been difficult. I have done a lot of shooting for free just to get my name and photo style out there. I also started a FB page and have my own website. I give out LOTS of business cards!! My business has increased – but I know I need to do more.

7. Wendy Claborn
    July 24, 2010 at 10:42 pm —

I find that I have been the most successful with online networking, especially through facebook. I add a lot of local people who FB suggests to whom I have several mutual friends already. Then of course I suggest them to my photography fan page. I am always coming up with a lot of ideas to promote and advertise such as contests, everyone loves free stuff 🙂

8. Wendy Claborn
    July 24, 2010 at 11:01 pm —
  9. Wendy Claborn
    July 24, 2010 at 11:03 pm —

I am already a fan of MCP on FB….

10. August 18, 2010 at 3:27 pm —

Small and new businesses need to be especially cost prudent. Consider using http://www.design-business-cards-online.com for your business card and other standard print materials. Here you can design your own business cards, postcards, letterhead, envelopes, etc. with out having to spend money on costly design services.

11. Krista Stark
    September 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm —

I just started my business in April, so far my best marketing tool as been to carry my camera EVERYWHERE! It is a great conversation starter 🙂 Last night I attended a Primary election party, I started up a conversation with the local newspapers photog (I had camera envy:)He only does photojournalism and took my info to pass along when he gets calls for portrait work. I also booked a family photo session and made lots of contacts. When I came home, I looked all the ones up on FB, that had given me their info and then posted a “Christmas, Family photo Special” on my Fan Page.
    After last night I decided that I really need to invest in a “cute” camera bag that will aslo double a purse 🙂

12. January 27, 2014 at 8:24 pm —

I have started to find a needy family around Christmas time and give them a free family photoshoot. The word of mouth has done wonders for me eventhough its not why I do them. I also give little goodies to the children and the parents. Small canvas print or ornament or something small. My clients appreciate it and tell all of their friends and family.

13. Hillary Andrews
    February 23, 2015 at 11:21 am —

Being a military wife, we move every two to three years. Every move, I have to create a brand new client base. This past fall, after settling in to our new home, I was ready to start my business up once again. I met a family who was struggling to to raise $30,000 for an overseas adoption. Since no one in the area knew who I was or was familiar with my work, offering to donate half of my session fee to go towards the adoption expenses was a fantastic way to help out a needy family and create buzz about my photography business in my new community. When word got out about the session fundraiser,my schedule was so full, I almost had to turn away clients! Since I was offering only mini sessions for the Christmas season, I gave the clients a taste of what a full session would be and as a result, I have a full calendar this spring!

14. Jim English
    January 22, 2016 at 11:14 am —

I have two marketing tips. First, put 4×6 flyer on car windshield in parking lots. Next offer free portrait session to parents of child with serious medical challenges, in the hospital or location.of their choice.