facebook_pixel
Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Watermark Your Images in Photoshop CS5: FREE & EASY

Watermark Your Images in Photoshop CS5: FREE & EASY

Adobe Photoshop CS5

Watermarking and re-sizing are two effective ways to protect your photos from theft on the internet. And they also brand your images, which is an added bonus. While people may still copy or take a screen shot, prominent logos on re-sized photos make it harder for customers to print your images without permission.

Watermarking and adding logos to images can be accomplished in a variety of ways using Photoshop.  You can add your branding with Photoshop actions and apply it one image at a time or by creating a batchable logo action. This is very effective if  built correctly, but is not easy for most people to do.  Another common way to add a logo or watermark is using the brush tool in Photoshop. You can watch the video tutorial and learn how.  This works on most versions of Photoshop.  It works well but if you have Photoshop CS 4 and CS5 there is an almost miraculous way to watermark your images.

The Russell Brown Adobe Watermark Panel is an innovative way to add your watermark or logo and re-size hundreds of images in minutes.  Add your logo to the top, bottom, right, left or center.  Specify how close or far you want the watermark from the edge of your image.  You get to decide the size and opacity of the branding.

The only way to get the script and watermark panel for Photoshop CS4 is to become a member of the NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals). Dr. Russell Brown, a Photoshop genius, created this script and panel extension.

In Photoshop CS5, you can download this tool without being a NAPP member (though I highly recommend joining for so many other reasons).  In my conversation with Dr. Brown, he granted me permission to share the download link with you on my blog. I have embedded his video below so you can see how revolutionary this will be for your workflow.

DOWNLOAD THE RUSSELL BROWN WATERMARK PANEL FOR PHOTOSHOP CS5 HERE!

How to Move Photoshop Actions & More to Photoshop CS5
Contest {Enter to Win} Stand Out Mount Prints From Color Inc.

1. February 27, 2012 at 8:43 pm —

Fantastic! Just what I needed. Thank you so much!

2. March 24, 2012 at 7:51 am —

So often now they are edited out anyway. If you are going to use a watermark make you use a small one and tile it across the image … this will make it much harder to remove.

3. March 28, 2012 at 9:14 am —

Love this program, was easy to use, and self explanatory. tyvm!

4. May 3, 2012 at 4:23 pm —

Thank you! In love with this after two uses. Now all of my friends who hate my watermark are going to have to see it a whole lot more.

5. Rachel
    May 3, 2012 at 10:50 pm —

Your post indicates there in an embedded video showing how to use it. Where is the video? I can’t seem to find it

6. May 17, 2012 at 11:32 am —

This plug-in is awesome, it saves tons of time.
    Thanks a lot for sharing it !!

7. July 25, 2012 at 5:13 am —

Seemed like a great idea, but once installed all I get is a script error: destination folder does not exist (54).

8. ambi
    August 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm —

but how to use it…i am beginner with photoshop. you have written so much but forgotten to mention how to use it

9. Rik
    September 17, 2012 at 11:20 pm —

Was VERY slow to load into CS5 – I thought it wasn’t working – but gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited.
    It is slow to process files (single or batch) – but maybe that’s partially my computer. I’m not sure as I’ve never had anything run so slowly previously. But I have to say – once I got it set to my liking it seems to work wel. So far, so good!

THANK YOU!!!