Watermark Your Images in Photoshop CS5: FREE & EASY

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Watermark Your Images in Photoshop CS5: FREE & EASY

Adobe Photoshop CS5

Watermarking and re-sizing are two effective ways to protect your photos from theft on the internet. And they also brand your images, which is an added bonus. While people may still copy or take a screen shot, prominent logos on re-sized photos make it harder for customers to print your images without permission.

Watermarking and adding logos to images can be accomplished in a variety of ways using Photoshop.  You can add your branding with Photoshop actions and apply it one image at a time or by creating a batchable logo action. This is very effective if  built correctly, but is not easy for most people to do.  Another common way to add a logo or watermark is using the brush tool in Photoshop. You can watch the video tutorial and learn how.  This works on most versions of Photoshop.  It works well but if you have Photoshop CS 4 and CS5 there is an almost miraculous way to watermark your images.

The Russell Brown Adobe Watermark Panel is an innovative way to add your watermark or logo and re-size hundreds of images in minutes.  Add your logo to the top, bottom, right, left or center.  Specify how close or far you want the watermark from the edge of your image.  You get to decide the size and opacity of the branding.

The only way to get the script and watermark panel for Photoshop CS4 is to become a member of the NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals). Dr. Russell Brown, a Photoshop genius, created this script and panel extension.

In Photoshop CS5, you can download this tool without being a NAPP member (though I highly recommend joining for so many other reasons).  In my conversation with Dr. Brown, he granted me permission to share the download link with you on my blog. I have embedded his video below so you can see how revolutionary this will be for your workflow.

DOWNLOAD THE RUSSELL BROWN WATERMARK PANEL FOR PHOTOSHOP CS5 HERE!

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
How to Move Photoshop Actions & More to Photoshop CS5
Contest {Enter to Win} Stand Out Mount Prints From Color Inc.

1. Ant West
    January 28, 2012 at 4:46 am —

This is an awesome find! Thank you 😀

2. Carol Magalhães
    November 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm —

Thank you 😉 Works great in CS5!

3. Bill
    August 9, 2011 at 3:09 am —

Downloaded the software and it’s doesn’t work for me. Leaves a very harsh layer over my photos. Had to delete all of them. AVS software does a much better job without changing the texture of the photos. Lightroom is good and AcDsee. Mr. Brown needs to burn a little more midnight oil. Thanks anyway! Bill

4. July 25, 2011 at 3:11 am —

Wow this is cool and time saving

5. November 17, 2010 at 5:09 pm —

Just follow this post from SU. I already bookmarked this.

6. September 20, 2010 at 6:23 am —

Works great for me in CS5. No problems.

Just a question … I can’t get the process to copy folder structures … read say all the jpg files in all of the subfolder of “My Pictures” and write the new images to a set of new subfolders in “My Pictures 2” … am I missing something or expecting too much … or both ?

Any help much appreciated.

• September 20, 2010 at 7:31 am —

I would contact the developer. I just was passing on the info about this great free product. Russell Brown is the developer of it.

7. Sue McFarland
    September 18, 2010 at 2:19 pm —

So not fair that you can get this for free only if you have CS5!! I have 4 and cannot afford anything since I paid full price for it…lol!

8. July 26, 2010 at 4:50 pm —

Works great! Now how do I use this extension as an action or what is the best way to batch hundreds of files efficiently? So far, it only allows me to use images opened in PS. Is there also a way to select files in Bridge, then run the extension as a batch? Please help! Thanks.

9. Kelly
    July 13, 2010 at 9:10 pm —

I’m having trouble getting the Watermarking Panel to work. I have followed all of the instructions on installing the Panel, yet when I try and use it, my extensions are all greyed out. Any help or suggestions on fixing this problem would be most appreciated. Thanks.

• July 13, 2010 at 9:32 pm —

You would need to contact NAPP or the panel designer. I cannot troubleshoot their products. Are you a NAPP member? If so, they have a help desk.

10. June 20, 2010 at 5:29 pm —

This was the tool that I needed to get things moving faster! Thank you for a great fast watermarking tool.

11. May 20, 2010 at 9:39 pm —

Thanks for your reply Jodi, and thank you Judith for your info – I am glad to know I’m not the only one having troubles with it… I am looking forward to using it, it sounds GREAT!

12. May 19, 2010 at 11:26 pm —

Wow, this looks powerful and time-saving! Thank you for sharing the link:)

13. May 19, 2010 at 10:59 am —

Hi there, I was getting an error also and if you go to Russell’s site it actually says they are having issues with it right now and to check back as they are working on it.
    I love it and hope to get it loaded and working soon.
    Smiles ☼
    Judith

14. May 19, 2010 at 9:16 am —

HEEEELPPPP Hi – I am fairly new to the whole photoshop scene and I have elements 7. It is driving me crazy because it shuts down in the middle of editing, if someone knows why that would be helpful – also can someone tell me the difference between cs5, elements, and photoshop (the full version) Thanks…

15. May 19, 2010 at 6:43 am —

Nancy, I have not. But I would contact them as it may be an easy fix.

16. Nancy
    May 19, 2010 at 12:52 am —

Thank you for this post! I have recently installed CS5, and I am really excited to get this watermark working, but so far am just getting an error message “SyntaxError: Expected:}:1” Has anyone else run into this problem yet?

17. May 16, 2010 at 6:24 pm —

THANK YOU!! I’ve been looking for something like this for years. I just purchased CS5 and now my work flow is so much easier. Thank you again!

18. May 4, 2010 at 6:59 pm —

For CS5 just click the link on my site to download.

19. Laser
    May 4, 2010 at 6:40 pm —

I joined NAPP during the CS5 introduction but can’t find this on their site. Can yu help me out?

20. May 4, 2010 at 11:06 am —

Thanks for making this available to us, Jodi!