Thanks to Karen Gunton of Smile, Play, Love Photography in Australia, for sending in this Blueprint.
Karen wrote: Here is a photo from a recent studio session. Even with a huge window, because I use natural light for my studio shots, my backdrop always comes out grey. I use MCP actions “bright white spell” to get my backdrop nice and white, which I think makes it look more professional and suits my clean, modern style. here are my steps for this complete photo edit:
- Did a white balance adjustment in RAW – then opened the photo in Photoshop
- Used Noiseware to reduce noise at default settings (using natural light means I set my ISO quite high, so I love the ease and excellent results of the Noiseware plug-in – which I heard about on the MCP actions blog, by the way!)
- Used the MCP “bright white spell” from the Bag of Tricks Photoshop action set – changed opacity to 75%.
- Did a defog using unsharp mask – set to 14, 40, 0.
- Used the MCP actions Eye Doctor Photoshop action to enhance eyes. I only needed the sharpening step on her eyelashes and also used on her lips, set at 50%
- Did a few custom curves to increase the midtones and to add slight contrast