- I opened the image in Lightroom 2 and warmed it up
- Then I opened it in Photoshop CS5 and used the MCP action set Bag of Tricks.
- I started with the Magical Color Finder (vivid) brush action – opacity set to 42% and applied this to the entire image except for the hair and skin.
- Then I quickly ran the Magical Clarity action at the default to add definition in the midtones, Magical Contrast at 32% for middle contrast and 50% for low contrast, and Magical Midtone Lifter at the default to brighten the photo.
- To help warm up the skin tone, I used Skin Cast Blast and turned on the Bye Bye Blueberry layer, which is part of the Magic Skin Retouching actions. And to lightly smooth the skin, I used Powder your Nose – on chin, neck, and legs- 24%
- To finish the retouching I used the Eye Doctor – this Photoshop action sharpens and lightens eyes, and brings out the catchlights.
- To add a finishing touch to the image, I used the Free Photoshop action, touch of light, touch of darkness – just used the darkness layer with my brush at 30%, and went over the jacket, skirt, hat and shirt, and the background.
This Photoshop actions Blueprint Fan Share was submitted by Kattrina Holt of Sassafrass Photography, who loves vibrant color pop and contrast in her images.
Her step-by-step Blueprint: