Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Minneapolis, MN maternity and baby photographer Jen Gorney of elizabeth grace photography is giving away another darling set of free templates to all MCP Actions readers for use with Adobe Photoshop.
Last summer she gave away these great Mommy Card Templates. Now you can get these fun Valentine’s Day Mini Cards, which are not only cute as can be, they are an easy and powerful marketing tool for your business (and an absolutely fabulous card for your own sweetie to share at school this Valentine’s Day!). Please spread the word and click on “SHARE” on this blog post to let your Facebook and Twitter fans know. Thanks!
Sized to print as wallets, simply save the file, customize to your liking and send to the printer of your choice. Then, surprise your customers with something special to hand out to friends and family this Valentine’s Day! Jen gave sets of these as client gifts last year along with individual vellum envelopes and not only was the feedback wonderful, it resulted in multiple new bookings from classmates of kids who handed out Jen’s cards! The kids loved handing out customized Valentine’s with their own picture, and parents loved having something unique and fun featuring their child – a great marketing tool for photographers and a sentimental keepsake for parents…win, win! And, these mini cards are perfect for kids of all ages, tots through tweens!
The templates are simple, fully-layered .psd files so you have full control over the fonts, colors and text as well as resizing the photo openings. As with the Mommy Cards, the possibilities are endless with these little cards, so get creative!
Basic Photoshop CS+ Instructions (may vary slightly in Elements):
- Unzip the file you download.
- Open the Cards in Photoshop (FILE – OPEN). These do not get “installed” as they are just templates, not actions.
- Insert your photo into the template. There are numerous ways to do this, from the place command, to copy and paste, to dragging the photo into the template.
- Make sure to move your photo in the layers palette above the indicated layer, if it is not already there.
- Resize if your photo is too large, by using the EDIT – FREE TRANSFORM. Hold the SHIFT key down while you drag one the corners in to resize, so the ratio stays the same, and the photo does not distort.
- Clip the photo to the insert layer. There are many ways to do this. The easiest to explain is to go to LAYER – CREATE CLIPPING MASK. (If you are using Elements, try CTRL + G or Command + G to clip). You can re-size more and move your image as needed.
You can add/delete/change border colors on photo openings (double-click “Stroke”), etc. To change a color, double click the layer thumbnail and choose a new color. All fonts are customizable so you can match your studio’s design and color palette or go all-out with pink and red for Valentine’s Day! If you do not have a particular font on your computer, you can search for it online, or you can just substitute it with one you own. Enjoy!
elizabeth grace photography is a custom portrait studio serving Minneapolis, MN and the surrounding metro area specializing in fun, fresh, artistic and intimate portraits of bellies, babies, children and those who love them. You can also find elizabeth grace photography on facebook.