Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Crave Photography * Before and After Edit with MCP Photoshop Actions

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Crave Photography * Before and After Edit with MCP Photoshop Actions

Crave Photography * Before and After Using MCP Photoshop Actions

This photo was a little washed out and needed some color and depth! Here is the blueprint using Photoshop actions to get this look!

1. Started with Magic Light and Magic Dark from the Bag of Tricks action set. I added light with a low opacity brush on the face and skin to better expose the subject while adding the dark on the background and colored areas to increase overall richness.
  2. Next, I used Magical Clarity from the Bag of Tricks action set to bring out the details and defog and add midtone contrast to the photo.
  3. Then I used Mixing Bowl from the All in the Details Photoshop action set. This added quite a bit of contrast and I also turned on the blue spice layer for a little color tone and drama.
  4. Then I did a bit of dodging and burning on the clothing and bricks to give more pop! This can be done with the dodge and burn tools, or even with the free Photoshop action, Touch of Light/Touch of Darkness.
  5. Lastly, I then set my photo to the soft light blending mode, which is located in the layers palette and reduced opacity until I was satisfied. This added all the final contrast I needed for this particular photo.

Before:

before using photoshop actions

After:

after editing with photoshop actions

This blueprint was created by Andee Tate of Crave Photography

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Preparing Digital Files in Photoshop for Print - Part 2: Strategies
MCP Project 52 – Features from Week 3 + Theme for Week 4

1. January 21, 2011 at 9:06 am —

Wow…they are BOTH gorgeous!

2. Ellie
    January 21, 2011 at 9:18 am —

I love the contrast and color in the edit. My eye is drawn to her left arm though which is too red for my taste.

3. January 21, 2011 at 9:41 am —

Looks awesome!!! I love watching your edits.

4. January 21, 2011 at 10:35 am —

Love this! So rich and colorful!

5. January 21, 2011 at 12:49 pm —

Gorgeous!

6. January 21, 2011 at 1:58 pm —

Beautiful! As usual : )

7. January 28, 2011 at 3:56 am —

I always enjoy seeing how other people use the actions I have purchased – good stuff! I’m not clear on the last step though, where you say that you “set the photo to soft light blending mode”. I am wondering which layer you set to soft light? Thanks!

8. kimber
    January 2, 2013 at 3:03 am —

How is this step…. Started with Magic Light and Magic Dark from the Bag of Tricks action set. I added light with a low opacity brush on the face and skin to better expose the subject while adding the dark on the background and colored areas to increase overall richness.

Different then this step?

Then I did a bit of dodging and burning on the clothing and bricks to give more pop! This can be done with the dodge and burn tools, or even with the free Photoshop action, Touch of Light/Touch of Darkness…

Also is when you say blue spice is that a blue solid color with low opacity?