Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions

Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions

Blueprint: all Photoshop actions shown in this Blueprint are from the MCP Fusion Photoshop action set

Question: I often get asked “How can I effectively edit subjects with darker skin tones?”

My Answer: Edit them the same as you would any other subjects. Pay attention to brightness. Use layer masking as necessary to maintain the integrity of the image. The image below was literally just a few clicks and I did not need to mask anything.

1. Started with the Summer Camp action (adjusted the Fix Underexposure layer inside One Click Color to 72%, Summer Camp folder left at default of 50%)
  2. Next used the Enclosed vignette action (opacity at 38%)
  3. Then finished with the Define Detail Enhancer (opacity 92%)

tracy runnels Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions

Photo credit: Thank you Tracy Runnels for sending in this adorable photo of these boys.

Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions

twitter Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actionsfacebook Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actionspinterest Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actionsgoogleplus Blueprint: Before and After with MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions

Diana says:

beautiful.

Erin O. says:

I actually like the before image better. The boys look so light-skinned in the after pic. It looks like you changed their skin tone completely. Is that what they look like in real life? Their shirts and jeans looks more realistic and true-color in the second picture, but their faces look so different!

Heather A. says:

oh my goodness I love this picture! Those boys are just too adorable :) But thanks for the advice…I have a bit of a multicultural family (asian brother, african american brother, and I am the palest of white haha) and I always get a little nervous in editing family photos because of those major differences!

Tammy says:

Love this! Thanks for the recipe. I bought fusion last night! having fun playing with it. I love to see what others are doing with the multiple choices that are available with the fusion set. Great photo!

Petra says:

What a great photo! My kids would not even get close enough to touch without it resulting in poking and pushing. Like the little guy on the left. :) Really nice editing too!!!

wow, amazing! beautiful edit and quite a handsome bunch there too!

Tina says:

Will Photoshop Element work with this program too?

I love this photo – the pose the brothers, but I have a question, if the photographer gets the shot right from the camera- meaning lighting and camera settings, why do we need all the actions or presets to correct, to me actions are use for a more fun more creative photo. I love the image though.

Add Comment Register