As many of you know who frequent my Facebook Page, Wall or Newsfeed, topics move fast in the social networking world. Unlike a blog, at least currently, there is no search functionality to find old threads and topics on Facebook. My original intent was to catalog popular discussions on my MCP Experience tab on Facebook. In business, and in life, not everything is a success, and this mini website format flopped. It was too hard to update and fans never seemed to find their way to it.
Determined to catalog certain important, informative and “hot” posts, Facebook Friday was born! Approximately once a month on a Friday, instead of a Blueprint before and after, I will highlight the most popular threads from MCP’s Facebook Wall in a blog post.
You can comment, interact, or see what other photographers had to say to a variety of photography, Photoshop, and related topics. Please let me know in the comment section here if you like this idea.
Here are some of the hot topics and interesting threads from the past month or so: (just click each topic of interest to read the discussions – add your own thoughts to the blog post or individual threads)
Photoshop and Editing Software:
- What video tutorials would you like to see from MCP Actions in the future?
- What is your favorite Free Photoshop action?
- What is your favorite purchased Photoshop action/set?
- What program do you use to edit your RAW images?
- In addition to Raw editors, what other editing software do you use?
- What product would you like to see MCP Actions come out with next?
- What is your favorite lens? List only one! To view, click on your SLR brand: CANON shooters, Nikon Shooters, Sony/Pentax/Other
- If you could photograph any one person, living or not, who would it be?
- Picture share: Dome at the US Capitol (plus the story of how I got in trouble shooting it…)
- What are your favorite sports to photograph? (can be youth, high school, collegiate or professional)
- How much would you charge to photograph a casual 3 hour event such as a birthday party, office party, etc (non-wedding)?
- For those who get frustrated with cheaply priced photographers, remember this: Louis Vuitton, Coach, Burberry, & other high end designers don’t dwell on Target for selling lower-priced accessories. Decide what pricing works for you and market to that clientele. Find customers who value your product and service. If you are selling “Prada” try not to worry about those who buy at “Walmart.”
- Tips on how to shoot the moon: a collaborative post with more than 100 people pitching in with their comments on how to photograph the moon.
- Will you buy the iPad 2?
- Can you locate and identify the famous person in this photo?
- Ask me whatever you want for 45 minutes…