facebook_pixel
Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Blueprint: Photoshop Actions Make Color Pop and Contrast Fast and Easy

Blueprint: Photoshop Actions Make Color Pop and Contrast Fast and Easy

If you like bold, vibrant, color popped images, you will love this edit by MCP customer Kattrina Holt of Sassafrass Photo. She sent in this before and after  step-by-step Blueprint edited primarily with Bag of Tricks and also the Free Photoshop action, Touch of Light/Touch of Darkness.

Kattrina opens her images in Lightroom and warms them up to her taste and then heads into Photoshop CS5 to edit using MCP actions. She went right to Bag of Tricks. her steps were as follows:

• Color finder vivid- default setting (over the whole image except for jeans and skin and hair)
  • Color finder intense- at 33% –  just went over the background colors this time
  • Magical clarity Photoshop action at default ( she said she does this on every image she edits)
  • Magical contrast both- medium & low on default
  • Free Touch of light/dark Photoshop action: Light- 30% opacity brush over skin (especially their faces) then cranked it down to 75%,  Dark- 30% opacity brush over the background.

Kattrina said, ” I typically uses MCP’s actions on every single edit I do! I LOVE them!!!”
before and after using Photoshop actions

Contest: Enter to Win 16x20 Slim Float Mount Prints from Color Inc.
Week 23 recap and launch of Week 24 - Project 52

1. June 10, 2011 at 9:05 am —

Absolutely love my bag of tricks! Thanks for such great actions!

2. June 10, 2011 at 9:11 am —

Love the edit. Thanks for posting this and sharing the tricks. I use MCP on every photo I edit too. Love your stuff Jodi!

3. June 10, 2011 at 9:31 am —

Gorgeous edit…I wish I wasn’t so scared to take my colors to that point…LOVE IT
    Anyway you could point me to the action Magical Clarity, I would really like to check that out

• Nadine Moyer
      June 10, 2011 at 12:26 pm —

Magical Clarity is included in Bag of Tricks… love the actions. I use Bag of tricks and Fusion a lot, and the Facebook Fix, too!!!
      Can’t wait to save up some money to get the rest of the actions!

Love your stuff, Jodi!!!

4. June 10, 2011 at 12:13 pm —

love it! Beautiful! I love MCP! I too use these actions on my prints!

5. June 10, 2011 at 12:40 pm —

I love the edits! Not too much or too little… perfect!

I haven’t used “Magical Clarity” before and need to check it out.

6. July 3, 2013 at 3:43 am —

Wonderfull editing i was always wondering the photos u genreally see in any apple products like ipad or mac are so vibrent.. N colourfull so this is the scret of increasing colours in any picture u take. But this is edited in which application