Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

With all of the Facebook changes recently, it’s hard to keep up and it can cause major headaches for photographers. Facebook’s most recent change is the “Timeline.”  If you do not have it yet, you will soon.   Use our new FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and you will never struggle with what to place at the top.

We’ve created seven unique, fully-customizable Photoshop Timeline Cover Templates. Photographers can use these templates to display pictures on their personal page, blog, or elsewhere on the web.

They are easy to use.  Just pick your picture(s), adjust the size and BAM! You have a timeline cover that all your friends will envy.  In addition to learning how to use them, our video tutorial teaches you how to make your own Timeline Cover Templates, using the included blank template.

Visit our website or Facebook Page to download the FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and start decorating your personal Facebook Page. Have fun and make sure to share your creations on the MCP Facebook Page Wall.

* Our standard terms of use apply.  Please read these prior to downloading from our cart.
** Disclaimer: When you upload a cover to Facebook, it will not be as crisp as in Photoshop. Facebook heavily compresses all Timeline Covers, not just ours,  in an unfavorable way. If we find a way to avoid this, we will make sure to let you know.

Here are the examples of what I made with the templates. If you need more inspiration check out these fun examples.

Facebook Timeline 2 opening template

Three Opening Template

Speech Bubble Template
Speech Bubble Template – Just Add Words or a Photo

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

Comments

Melissa P. @Mel4Him says

Oooh I really like these. Can’t wait to use one of them. My friends are going to be so jealous. I just might have to keep this one a secret. LOL

says

First, I have really enjoyed your blog since I found it. It’s very helpful. I tried to download the templates, however, and I cannot upload them into photoshop. Do you have instructions on how to do that? I have no problem loading actions, I just can’t figure out templates. Thanks!

DonnaC says

Thank you so much for these templates, I didn’t have a clue how to use them until I watched your awesome tutorial ~ thank you for that too = )

says

Thank you for this. I am new to photoshop elements, so this will help me know how to make custom templates using the info from the video. I love storyboards — now I feel like I can do it.

says

hi there! thank you so much for the easy tutorial! however, for my logo as my cover photo, i am having difficulties with the colors showing up correctly on facebook…. :-/ i’ve tried web-safe colors and it still won’t look right… any tips on solving this would be much appreciated!

thanks!

• 20

says

Unfortunately that is all facebook – you can smile and thank them. As long as you are in sRGB, from there, you can thank them for the color issues and pixelation of your images and graphics. I wish they would not compress so much.

says

Do we just download these and store them as psd’s or do they need to be placed in like actions or plugins? this one wasn’t clear or I just missed it in may haste?

says

I downloaded your files to make my timeline but I cannot open them in my CS5. It says the file is not a valid photoshop document. Am I doing this wrong?

says

If you are a poor designer and just got a Gimp or Paint.NET you can grab premade template from my blog. Sure the PSD file is also included.

says

Facebook now says your cover image may not include contact information, and may not be primarily text based… I wonder if your “Jodi” cover image would be allowed?

Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
    ■ Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
    ■ Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
    ■ References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
    ■ Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”

• 28

says

The one I have up does not have much text at all. Just my name and images for personal one and MCP and pictures and a little text (none that does what you describe above).

They do not want your cover being a big ad.

tawnya says

I was able to download and open up the filmstrip FB template, but I cannot get pictures into it! Soooo frustrated. When I do “file,” then “place” it wants to stay in the PSD format and my pics of course are all jpegs. HELP!!!

says

Simply Good Jodi. Just downloaded the templates and will do some changes and upload it on my Facebook. Thanks for such amazing things. Will be back soon

Heather says

Sorry, reposting to explain further. When I use “place” and try to get the photo to match the size of the boxes it makes them all distorted and smushy looking…am I doing something wrong?

Trackbacks