Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

With all of the Facebook changes recently, it’s hard to keep up and it can cause major headaches for photographers. Facebook’s most recent change is the “Timeline.”  If you do not have it yet, you will soon.   Use our new FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and you will never struggle with what to place at the top.

We’ve created seven unique, fully-customizable Photoshop Timeline Cover Templates. Photographers can use these templates to display pictures on their personal page, blog, or elsewhere on the web.

They are easy to use.  Just pick your picture(s), adjust the size and BAM! You have a timeline cover that all your friends will envy.  In addition to learning how to use them, our video tutorial teaches you how to make your own Timeline Cover Templates, using the included blank template.

Visit our website or Facebook Page to download the FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and start decorating your personal Facebook Page. Have fun and make sure to share your creations on the MCP Facebook Page Wall.

* Our standard terms of use apply.  Please read these prior to downloading from our cart.
** Disclaimer: When you upload a cover to Facebook, it will not be as crisp as in Photoshop. Facebook heavily compresses all Timeline Covers, not just ours,  in an unfavorable way. If we find a way to avoid this, we will make sure to let you know.

click to download Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop
Here are the examples of what I made with the templates. If you need more inspiration check out these fun examples.

MCP 2a Timeline Cover Template example 600x222 Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

Two Opening Template

MCP 3 Frame Timeline Cover Example 600x222 Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

Polaroid Style Opening Frame Template

MCP Film Timeline Cover Template example 600x222 Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

Four Opening Film Timeline Cover Template

MCP 9 Opening Timeline Cover Template example 600x222 Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

Nine Opening Timeline Cover Template

MCP 2a Timeline Cover Template example1 600x222 Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

One Opening Plus Background Template

MCP 2b Timeline Cover Template example 600x222 Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

Three Opening Template

wordle profile image2 copy 600x222 Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

Speech Bubble Template – Just Add Words or a Photo

Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

twitter Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshopfacebook Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshoppinterest Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshopgoogleplus Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

pancakeNinja says:

Ooo, I like these!
    Thanks Jodi

Alice C. says:

Oh I love the nine opening one!

Deanna says:

Thanks so much Jodi! I’m excited to try these, I was really dreading the timeline change before this.

Stephanie says:

Thank you so much for doing this!!

Melissa P. @Mel4Him says:

Oooh I really like these. Can’t wait to use one of them. My friends are going to be so jealous. I just might have to keep this one a secret. LOL

Celeste says:

First, I have really enjoyed your blog since I found it. It’s very helpful. I tried to download the templates, however, and I cannot upload them into photoshop. Do you have instructions on how to do that? I have no problem loading actions, I just can’t figure out templates. Thanks!

Ryan Jaime says:

sweet! I already made one for myself, but these are awesome too!

Amy says:

I just got the filmstrip timeline up on my FB page. Thank you so much Jodi! These are awesome!

AMiller says:

Thank you Jodi!!!
    I will post on my site.. so ppl can enjoy this amazing gift!

:-)

PancakeNinja says:

There’s something about the filmstrip that I just really like.

Hot teach says:

Important information thanks.

DonnaC says:

Thank you so much for these templates, I didn’t have a clue how to use them until I watched your awesome tutorial ~ thank you for that too = )

jkay says:

Thanks for the free templates. I’m a newbie to PSE9, so thanks also for the video tutorial.

Melissa says:

Thank you for this. I am new to photoshop elements, so this will help me know how to make custom templates using the info from the video. I love storyboards — now I feel like I can do it.

madisoncary says:

hi there! thank you so much for the easy tutorial! however, for my logo as my cover photo, i am having difficulties with the colors showing up correctly on facebook…. :-/ i’ve tried web-safe colors and it still won’t look right… any tips on solving this would be much appreciated!

thanks!

• 17.1

Unfortunately that is all facebook – you can smile and thank them. As long as you are in sRGB, from there, you can thank them for the color issues and pixelation of your images and graphics. I wish they would not compress so much.

Mark C says:

Do we just download these and store them as psd’s or do they need to be placed in like actions or plugins? this one wasn’t clear or I just missed it in may haste?

Kristin says:

I downloaded your files to make my timeline but I cannot open them in my CS5. It says the file is not a valid photoshop document. Am I doing this wrong?

How to says:

thanks for your advice I will do facebook timeline cover with my idea.

Angel says:

If you are a poor designer and just got a Gimp or Paint.NET you can grab premade template from my blog. Sure the PSD file is also included.

Fantastic post i really like your post very much. I’ll visit your blog again.

John says:

Facebook now says your cover image may not include contact information, and may not be primarily text based… I wonder if your “Jodi” cover image would be allowed?

Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
    ■ Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
    ■ Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
    ■ References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
    ■ Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”

• 23.1

The one I have up does not have much text at all. Just my name and images for personal one and MCP and pictures and a little text (none that does what you describe above).

They do not want your cover being a big ad.

Rae Higgins says:

Thanks!!

[...] I holidayed with in June and adore!} has a whole host of other designs too, all beautifully stylish.Visit here for more information and to download them for free. Alternatively you can experiment yourself! If you have something like Photoshop or Paint you can [...]

tawnya says:

I was able to download and open up the filmstrip FB template, but I cannot get pictures into it! Soooo frustrated. When I do “file,” then “place” it wants to stay in the PSD format and my pics of course are all jpegs. HELP!!!

Charlene says:

I’ll be giving these a try thanks.

Tonya says:

any plans for a similar thing for lightroom?

Anuraag says:

Simply Good Jodi. Just downloaded the templates and will do some changes and upload it on my Facebook. Thanks for such amazing things. Will be back soon

If you want to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to apply these
    strategies to your won webpage.

Jaime says:

Thank you! Needed a new facelift on my Facebook!

Heather says:

Sorry, reposting to explain further. When I use “place” and try to get the photo to match the size of the boxes it makes them all distorted and smushy looking…am I doing something wrong?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Best FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Photo templates | fat mum slim - [...] I holidayed with in June and adore!} has a whole host of other designs too, all beautifully stylish.Visit here …
Add Comment Register