Free Model Release Form for Photographers

MCP Actions and Photo Business Tools have partnered to bring photographers a simple, free model release form to use with any and all of your clients and subjects.

Using a model release for each of your clients grants you permission to use their images on your website, blog or any other promotional materials.  It is also a great idea to keep a model release with you at all times, in case you happen to grab a picture somewhere and you think you may want to use it for your promo materials. Simply have your subject fill it out to protect your business.

model release for photographers

Legal Disclaimer: This document does not address every circumstance or possibility, and might not fit all of your needs exactly. Further, it is not intended as legal advice. MCP Actions and Photo Business Tools take no responsibility for the use of this form. Your use of this Model Release in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between you an MCP Actions or PhotoBusinessTools, or any other person or entity. Your situation is unique, and we are not aware of your particular circumstances, therefore we suggest that you contact a lawyer to discuss your circumstances, and verify that this Release fits your needs.

How to download this form:

All we ask is that you let others know about it. Then you can download, customize and use it.

Share This Page to download Free Model Release Form
Free Model Release Form

MCP Actions

Write for MCP! This post was written by a MCP Guest Blogger. If you would like to write a photo editing tutorial, blueprint using MCP Products, or photography tips on the MCP Actions Blog, check out our Guest Writers Wanted page for details.

TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle Plus

Comments

says

Doesn’t the first line in that Model Release state that there has to be some sort of consideration given to the model? Meaning that the model has to be given something of monetary value? I’m trying to get an understanding of this and recently read somewhere about not including that line. Just curious about your opinion when using this with a client.

Nizam says

I believe this does not apply for all situations. Wouldn’t it be troublesome to get this signed from every vendor? Anyway, I thought the photographer has copyright over his photos.

Noemi says

I am going to begin to use model release forms for all of my future photoshoots. I have never had any problems in the past, but do I need a model release form to post pictures to my portfolio on my website? I’ve read i do not because I have a right to the photos, but I haven’t found any clear and direct answers.

• 15

Harold Smith says

From what I have read, if your photos include people and you are using the photos for profit, you should have model releases for all involved especially if the photos are taken in a closed setting (non-public) Private parties, weddings,etc. Better save than sorry. I too am just starting out and can’t afford any surprises. The link below will take you to a site where you can copy release forms
      Good luck

Jen says

thank you! i am a photography student and my teachers had given me a booklet of forms to start out with but i ran out and it is so nice to have something i can print or e-mail to clients if they lost theirs and i won’t see them for a while! thanks again!!

Angie says

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I have been looking for something like this and I will be putting this to good use!! I have acquired a problematic client and am about to drop them or they start signing this form! Thank you again!!

says

Thanks you! Downloaded and shared. This is helpful because my standard portrait contract isn’t really suited for shoots I do that are more for me.

says

You guys rock!!!!!!!. That’s why I keep coming back to your company. I love the fact that your actions are so easy to set download and use. Keep em comin. I am trying to find a good web company to use for my website would you be able to recommend one.

says

This is a great start for my business. You did mention that it may not be tailored for everybody’s needs. Also, I did see a cute little copyright C in the bottom right-hand corner.

Am I restricted from editing this to suit my own needs? (Of course, I wouldn’t slap the “Photo Business Tools” name on there, as PBT would not be liable for the changes I chose.)

says

Hello…I shared with Google+ but can’t seem to find a link to download. I clicked on everything I could click on and it takes me back to this page. Any suggestions as to what I need to do differently? Thank You.

says

Downloaded as a zip file and windows can’t open it!!! Very disappointed as I posted to facebook!! And now I still need to find a model release form!

says

Hi Jodi – thank you so much for this valuable form. Tweeted it and downloaded the form!

Now one question though – in the last but one paragraph it reads:

“….that I have am authorized and able to sign…”

That does not sound right. Should that read…

“….that I am authorized and able to sign…”

Or perhaps it is some legalese that I don’t understand and is already correct? Please let me know.

Thanks!

SK

says

Is this still available? I am not seeing the download option in the text. Or maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot? I shared on FB.