facebook_pixel

Free Model Release Form for Photographers

Free Model Release Form for Photographers

Join Photographers Directory

MCP Actions and Photo Business Tools have partnered to bring photographers a simple, free model release form to use with any and all of your clients and subjects.

Using a model release for each of your clients grants you permission to use their images on your website, blog or any other promotional materials.  It is also a great idea to keep a model release with you at all times, in case you happen to grab a picture somewhere and you think you may want to use it for your promo materials. Simply have your subject fill it out to protect your business.

model release for photographers

Legal Disclaimer: This document does not address every circumstance or possibility, and might not fit all of your needs exactly. Further, it is not intended as legal advice. MCP Actions and Photo Business Tools take no responsibility for the use of this form. Your use of this Model Release in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between you an MCP Actions or PhotoBusinessTools, or any other person or entity. Your situation is unique, and we are not aware of your particular circumstances, therefore we suggest that you contact a lawyer to discuss your circumstances, and verify that this Release fits your needs.

How to download this form:

All we ask is that you let others know about it. Then you can download, customize and use it.

[socialshare-download href=”http://bit.ly/model-release-form”]Free Model Release Form[/socialshare-download]
Join Photographers Directory
Project MCP: Highlights for August, Challenge #4 and September Challenge Reveal
Photographer Cafe Giveaway and Special Discount Code

1. September 2, 2013 at 10:09 am —

This is a great start for my business. You did mention that it may not be tailored for everybody’s needs. Also, I did see a cute little copyright C in the bottom right-hand corner.

Am I restricted from editing this to suit my own needs? (Of course, I wouldn’t slap the “Photo Business Tools” name on there, as PBT would not be liable for the changes I chose.)

2. September 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm —

There’s a typo…
    “and further, that I have am authorized and able”

I think the have shouldn’t be there?

Thanks for the document!

3. November 10, 2013 at 7:54 am —

Having reasently looked into selling my photography. This is a big help. Thank you.

4. November 13, 2013 at 8:18 pm —

Thank you very much for the info!

5. November 15, 2013 at 12:47 am —

Posted to Facebook. Thanks for this!

6. November 23, 2013 at 11:43 am —

Hello…I shared with Google+ but can’t seem to find a link to download. I clicked on everything I could click on and it takes me back to this page. Any suggestions as to what I need to do differently? Thank You.

• November 26, 2013 at 6:24 pm —

It is underneath it when you click – where the box is. If you then clicked to download – it is likely in your downloads folder.

7. December 5, 2013 at 5:46 pm —

Downloaded as a zip file and windows can’t open it!!! Very disappointed as I posted to facebook!! And now I still need to find a model release form!

• December 5, 2013 at 8:33 pm —

windows should be able to unzip it as long as you have the proper unzipping/decompression software. We find 7zip and winzip work well. Hope that helps.

8. January 23, 2014 at 10:07 pm —

Hi Jodi – thank you so much for this valuable form. Tweeted it and downloaded the form!

Now one question though – in the last but one paragraph it reads:

“….that I have am authorized and able to sign…”

That does not sound right. Should that read…

“….that I am authorized and able to sign…”

Or perhaps it is some legalese that I don’t understand and is already correct? Please let me know.

Thanks!

SK

9. February 25, 2014 at 9:49 am —

This is a very good source of a model release form. Thank you, so much.

10. April 9, 2014 at 12:19 pm —

Thank you!

11. April 15, 2014 at 3:06 pm —

Is this still available? I am not seeing the download option in the text. Or maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot? I shared on FB.