MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

MCP Photography Challenge Banner 600x16229 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week This week’s MCP Shoot Me group photography challenge dug into your past ; your past photography that is! This week’s challenge is to look back at your photography and editing skills and style and compare and contrast them to your skills and style today.

We loved seeing everyone’s take on this theme. Here are a few we wanted to feature, but make sure to check the album on the group page for more.

Submitted by Amy MagnetGirl who shared:

“Two slightly different views of the Point Judith lighthouse. Top photo: March 2009 when I was editing everything with Picnick (and also shooting a lot of Polaroids in real life) and thought that everythingggg had to have that “vintage” feel. Oh lawd. Bottom photo: February 9, 2013, hand edits in LR. My editing style has gotten a lot cleaner and I cringe at some of my old edits!”

Then and Now Amy MagnetGirl1 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

Submitted by  Ashley Crerend who shared:

“Shooting on a black background is really hard for me, I struggle every time to get the right exposure and skin tones (as Im sure you can see from the top pic) I think I have come a long way in the last few years and I owe A LOT of that to this group! I still struggle with skin tones and focus occasionally, but Ive gotten so much wonderful help and advice from the members of this group! And MCP products make my life SO much easier! The burn me up and Illuminate actions from the Four Seasons set saved me today as I was trying to even out the background without completely losing the tips of their hair!

Settings on todays shot were ISO 500 f/5 SS 1/200 with the backdoor open in front of them and my flash bouncing off of the sky behind me. I used clarif-eye, burn me up, illuminate, de-hazify, hemispheres, ellies magic trick, and facebook fix, along with a few hand edits in both LR and PS.”

Then and Now Ashley Crerend1 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

Submitted by Kayla Milam who shared:

” The first picture was in 2009 (of me) and the second is my boss, these are her real estate head-shots I took about a week ago. It is very nice to see pictures from when I first began next to ones I take now, It for sure helps with my self confidence and lets me know I am going in the right direction.”

Then and Now Kayla Milam1 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

Submitted by Lilly Garza Honaker who shared:

“Top images were taken in March of 2011 with my Sony point and shoot in portrait mode. Edited with the HP software that came with my PC…bottom image was taken a few weeks ago using my Nikon D5100 50mm 1.8 in manual mode, shooting in RAW and edited in LR4 with MCP presets…what a difference wow…I cannot believe I actually thought these were really good shots. I look at them now and I’m seriously wondering why I never took the time to learn until now.”

Then and Now Lily Garza Honaker1 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

Join the photography challenges! You can use the photography challenges as a way to encourage growth in your photography skills and creativity.  Be creative, try new things and shoot these images for yourself.   The best part, you will have the support of a large group of photographers who can assist you and provide you with feedback as you work on specific themes and skills.

The team would like to thank everyone who submitted a photo for the challenge. You have one more week on this theme, so come join our Facebook Group and participate now.

Edit Challenge Banner1 600x16228 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

The photo edit challenge continued this week with more edits of Nicole Baldwin’s ethereal photo. We want to thank Nicole again for letting us use this beautiful photo.

Several members of our group submitted edits. Here are a couple we want to highlight this week:

Submitted by Erin Niehenke

Edit Erin Niehenke3 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

Submitted by Julia Wright

Edit Julia Wright1 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

Submitted by Melissa Robinson Dickie

Edit Melissa Robinson Dickie4 MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

Join the  photo challenges! They give you a chance to edit other photographer’s images, share them for critique, and see how others edit the same photographs.  Participating allows you to practice editing, learn how to give constructive criticism, and watch what steps or Photoshop actions and Lightroom presets are used in various edits.  Join us to edit the bi-weekly photos.

If you have an idea on how you’d edit the image below, or want to see and learn what others did, JOIN US HERE.

We will have a new edit challenge starting Monday, so come back to see what image you can edit then.

MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights from this Week

MCP Actions

Write for MCP! This post was written by a MCP Guest Blogger. If you would like to write a photo editing tutorial, blueprint using MCP Products, or photography tips on the MCP Actions Blog, check out our Guest Writers Wanted page for details.