facebook_pixel
Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

How to Use Photoshop Actions To Add Golden Light

How to Use Photoshop Actions To Add Golden Light

This image has been a popular one on our site for years and I often get asked how to accomplish the edit and how to add the golden light using Photoshop Actions.

Here’s a step-by-step Blueprint for Photoshop and PS Elements – to help you achieve this look using MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions.

fusion-photoshop-actionsThank you to Angie Monson for allowing us to showcase this image.

Step 1: Color Fusion Mix & Match (for Workflow & Toning)

• After playing Color Fusion Mix and Match, I turned on the following layers and adjust the opacity as indicated: One Click Color 75%, Lemonade Stand 71%, Beach House 39%, Rustic 40%.

Step 2: For Contrast and Edges

• I ran Different Directions to add contrast: 100%.
  • I used Surrounded at 86% to darken edges & add vignette.

Step 3: For Light & Flare

• Custom Sunflare at 82%, masked lens flare off subject
Canon 70D launch rumors
Canon 70D launch event taking place on May 31?
KAIST sound camera
Impressive sound camera can actually see noises

1. Ramona Gonzalez
    May 10, 2013 at 9:24 am —

How would I accomplish this style using LR? Any suggestions?

2. May 10, 2013 at 11:26 am —

I don’t have Fusion, but have 4 seasons. Would you mind recreating this look with 4 seasons ?

3. May 10, 2013 at 2:59 pm —

Jodi, I just love the warm glow that you’ve given this image. It’s subtle but dramatic too – just beautiful!

4. Morrissa
    June 4, 2013 at 11:22 am —

If I use photoshop through the creative cloud and I purchase the MCP actions will they still work?

M. Barber

5. July 19, 2013 at 9:08 am —

I love the results, but wonder how I’d recreate them myself. There are 7 actions or layers at various opacities here. That’s an infinite number of possibilities.
    It’s overwhelming

6. July 19, 2013 at 9:39 am —

I agree with Dave. I have your Fall preset collection, and they just don’t seem to look good on any of the images I take. I open up the layers and try to adjust certain ones, but I usually end up trash canning the preset and going back to my normal editing. I would love to use the presets, but just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong!