MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014

mcpphotoaday header 600x66 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014For the past number of years, MCP has done some form of a photo challenge. We did Project 52, Project MCP, Project 12, Photo Challenges and Edit Challenges.  This year we are mixing things up even more – and adding a few twists.

Rather than a photo each week or month, we are doing a photo a day challenge.  We feel strongly that the more you practice your photography, the better you get.  Rather than limit participants to a specific camera, we want you to use your creativity with whatever tools you have.  Some days you may use your dSLR camera, while others you might use an iPhone/iPad or even a point and shoot.  Want to make and use a pin-hole camera?  That works too.  We hope this flexibility makes the photography project enjoyable instead of a daunting.

Themes: some are easy and while others require you get more creative. Do as many as you want.  We are excited to see what you come up with.

Details:

• Use the topic/theme as a guide every day.
  • Take a photo that fits the theme.  You are free to interpret it however you wish.
  • If you get behind, it’s fine to play catch up.  It’s also acceptable to skip a day.  If you are an overachiever or just super excited, you might even work on upcoming topics ahead of schedule.

niagara falls 7 600x664 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014

How to share:

• Post the image to your Instagram, Facebook, Google+ or all three.  Hashtag it #mcpphotoaday. If possible state what theme of the image.
  • Bonus fun – You can also follow us and tag @mcpactions on Instagram, on the MCP Business Facebook Page and/or on MCP’s G+ Page.
  • If you edited the photo with MCP products such as our Photoshop actions, Lightroom presets and textures, you can also hashtag it #mcpactions.  For more exposure, you may post MCP edited images to our Facebook Group and state what products were used.
  • Spread the word.  Tell others to visit this shortened URL to join us: http://bit.ly/mcp-photoaday

That’s it – super easy.  We hope you participate.  Make sure to check out MCP on Instagram. We will feature participants’ images – so visit to get inspired and maybe to see your image.

mcpphotoaday January2 960x579 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014  mcpphotoaday Feb21 960x584 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014mcpphotoaday march21 960x586 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014mcpphotoaday April21 960x583 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014mcpphotoaday May21 960x576 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014 mcpphotoaday June21 960x581 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014 mcpphotoaday july22 960x576 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014   mcpphotoaday aug2 960x581 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014 mcpphotoaday september2 960x581 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014mcpphotoaday october2 960x584 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014

mcpphotoaday november2 960x585 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014

mcpphotoaday december2 960x586 MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014

Comment below and let us know if you will be joining us!

MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014

twitter MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014facebook MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014pinterest MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014googleplus MCP Photo A Day Challenge for 2014

BeckyC says:

I’m going to try and join! I’m glad it’s laid back. So excited to challenge myself this year!

Tami says:

I would like to say I would do a photo a day however sometimes life gets in the way, I will certainly try though. Tami

Micky Adams says:

I’m in! I needed a kickstart!

I want to join this contest. May not be able to do it every day but this sounds like fun!

Beth says:

Good challenge. A bit late to the party, but I will try to catch up on 8 themes and stay with it as long as I can.

Dagmar says:

Will bee doing it! I am going to play catch up! If I do not catchup all the way i will do those missing themes next January :)
    lol

I am excited to take this challenge. I have always wanted to do one but haven’t had the nerve. I will try to catch up the ones that I missed!

• 7.1

I am not sure if I was supposed to put my blog website or the site that I will be posting my pictures…probably a stupid question. I am going to post them to my Instagram page ramblingsofagrandma.

Karen Murray says:

I just found this challenge and posted my first photo to Instagram. I love photo a day challenges!

Got some catching up to do!!

Erik Bartlow says:

I’m there! I had already made my own challenge to do a pic a day every day #picadayeveryday. So I think this will give me some more direction to my own challenge.

I’m a little late to the party, but I’m going to join in! Thanks for heading up this fun project!

Anna says:

I was already trying a photo a day so I will try to stick with your themes:-)

Tina M says:

I have a little catching up to do, but I am going to give this a go.

Molly says:

My one resolution this year is to simply take more pictures! Excited to have some inspiration!

bronwyn says:

I’m in and so excited :)

Kellie says:

This is exactly what I was looking for while I take a break to retool and relaunch my business. Hoping to find my missing photo-mojo. Thanks!

Karin says:

Going to try to join, starting March :)

Aisha says:

Definitely in!

Leah says:

Hi! I’ve been following the challenge, but this is my first time to submit an image. Bokeh.

Add Comment Register