We’re proud to introduce the newest addition to our family…the MCP Baby Steps™ Lightroom presets!
By popular demand, our essential tools for editing newborn photos are now available for Lightroom 4 and up. Based on the style and simplicity of our popular Newborn Necessities Photoshop actions, the MCP Baby Steps™ presets make editing even faster. We’ve taken these beloved styles and recreated them using global presets that you can sync across images in seconds. And to give you even more control over your images, we’ve designed innovative local adjustment presets to get just the right look.
Our newest Lightroom presets will save you time and make editing easier. Imagine editing an entire newborn session in just a few clicks! Whether you’re looking for soft edits, clean color, dreamy black and whites, or creamy skin tones, this set has what you need.
While MCP Baby Steps™ was designed to meet the needs of newborn photographers, its enhancement tools are perfect for any portraits – along with weddings, wildlife, landscapes, studio photography, and more!
To celebrate the launch of the MCP Baby Steps™ Presets, we’re offering introductory pricing of just $124.99 for one week only! That’s a $25 savings if you order by November 3rd, so don’t wait!
What Are People Saying?
“I have been looking for ways to speed up my workflow with newborn sessions and Baby Steps Presets is it! I’m able to quickly create that soft, dreamy look for proofing galleries and not even open photoshop unless more extensive retouching is needed. Before these Presets I would have never thought it was possible to edit a newborn session in Lightroom alone!”
Jacky T Photography, jackytphotography.com
“The MCP Baby Steps Preset Collection for Lightroom has been such a huge time saver for me! I have used this collection on it’s own in Lightroom and as a companion to the Newborn Necessities collection in Photoshop. It is so versatile. It can make my images pop or subtly soft. I especially love the hazes. This collection has shaved so much time off of my workflow!”
Tara Fletcher Photography, tarafletcherphotography.com
“As a skilled user of both Photoshop and Lightroom, I am finding myself using Lightroom more and more because it cuts down my overall editing time. Baby Steps maximizes what I can do in Lightroom. From creamy black and whites to more vibrant looks, Baby Steps is extremely versatile. It has a very thorough collection of skin correction brushes that allow me to adjust both difficult newborn skin and make minor tweaks to older children and adults.”
Jess Rotenberg Photography, jessrotenberg.com
“This new action is simply amazing for not only newborn edits but portraits in general. They are easy to use and save time. I LOVE this new set and cannot wait to play more.”
Tracy Callahan, memoriesbytlc.com
MCP Baby Steps™ includes more than 160 powerful Newborn Lightroom presets and resets designed to streamline your editing workflow for newborn and baby sessions! We’ve divided them into six organized folders, along with an additional section of local adjustments:
1. Exposure and White Balance (15 total): These presets help you get the best possible exposure and white balance. Due to the unique stack-ability of this collection, you can adjust exposure and white balance at any point during your edit.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: three underexposure presets, three overexposure presets, seven white balance presets and two custom resets.
2. Workflow (31 total): These soft, multi-level color conversions and beautiful black and white presets bring out the best in your newborn photography. Each workflow has three levels (regular, haze, and pop) so you can customize your look right in Lightroom.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: This section has: Sugar-n-Spice, Pick Me Up, Twinkle Twinkle, This Little Piggy, Peach Fuzz, Keepsakes, Vintage Pram, Bedtime B&W, Naptime B&W, Playtime B&W, plus a workflow reset.
3. Skin Color Correction (22 total): These global skin tone correction presets will make any subject look flawless. Each correction is available in three levels so you can customize your look.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Dusting of Baby Powder, Hush The Reds, Hush the Reds with Baby Powder, Hush Jaundice, Hush Jaundice with Baby Powder, Hush the Grays, Hush the Grays with Baby Powder, plus a skin color reset.
4. Workflow Helpers (32 total): Simplify contrast, midtones, exposure and other adjustments. Each workflow helper has three levels of intensity for maximum flexibility.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Brighten Midtones, Darken Midtones, Quiet The Highlights, Nightlight (brighten shadows), Crying For Contrast, Cake Smash Color Pop, Sharpen (global sharpening), Quiet the Noise (noise reduction), plus eight custom helper resets.
5. Blankets of Haze Overlays (28 total): Give your photos the light, dreamy look that complements newborn photography so well. Each haze tint includes three strengths to suit your photo.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Baby Bottle, It’s a Girl, It’s a Boy, Lavender Lovey, You Are My Sunshine, Peaches-n-Cream, Teddy Bear, Nursery Rhymes, Baby’s Room, plus an overlay reset.
6. Save a Formula (five total): We’ve included five spots to create presets from your most used recipes — build a new one for each session, or save your favorite and use it forever . (Or both!)
7. Local Adjustments (30 total): Apply these spot-editing tools exactly where you want them, and make a huge impact on your final image. Click the videos tab to watch a tutorial taht will help you get the most out of these powerful local adjustment brushes.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED:In The Spotlight (brighten), Under the Blanket (darken), Cake Smash Color Pop, Red Baby Fix, Jaundice Fix, Gray Skin Fix, Add Magenta/Remove Green, Add Green/Remove Magenta, Add Yellow/Remove Blue, Add Blue/Remove Yellow, Add Red/Remove Cyan, Add Cyan/Remove Red, In My Dreams Color Changer, Organic Baby Powder, Baby Lotion (light skin softening), Baby Cream (strong skin softening), Sharp Eyelashes, Bright Eyes, Sharp Eyes, Blushing Cheeks, Blushing Lips, White Blanket Fix, Natural Vignette*, Rosie Vignette*, Cool Vignette*, BW Vignette*, Frosted Vignette*, It’s a Blur, Studio White Backdrop, Studio Black Backdrop (*LR5+ can use radial – LR4 use as paint on only)