$0
$29.99 * Reach here for 10% off

$49.99 * 20% off

$70 * 30% off!

Video Tutorial: Layer Masks Part 2

Video Tutorial: Layer Masks Part 2

This is part 2 of my layer mask tutorial. This tutorial will help you use layer masks that are built into actions.

When you use actions, they often will have layer masks built it. Almost every layer of every action I create has one. You may not need to use them often. But there are times will it can give you power and control over your photo while editing with actions. When you run an action, the action does not know any information about your original. Quality actions will allow you to adjust opacity, and block (mask) the effect of certain changes on certain parts of the photo.

This tutorial will show you how to do this with one of my actions. This lesson can be applied to any action that uses masks.

Enjoy!

Jodi

The High School Senior Market: A New Resource for Photographers
MCP Photoshop Training: BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

1. Missy
    April 11, 2008 at 10:53 pm — Reply

Thanks so much for those masking tutorials! I’ve been wondering about masking. I’ve had the same greenish problem with my vintage actions so using masking will be great to work that out! Thanks again!

2. April 11, 2008 at 11:38 pm — Reply

Again, a wonderful explanation! Thanks for doing these!

3. gina
    April 12, 2008 at 12:55 am — Reply

jodi, thank you again!! your tutorials are just FABULOUS!! i learn SO much… thank you…

4. April 12, 2008 at 5:53 am — Reply

Thanks Jodi!! Awesome as usual!

5. May 6, 2008 at 11:39 am — Reply

I forwarded your blog to a friend who doesn’t know how to use layers, much less masking!! I’m hoping she’ll take the time to read and learn how much more flexible photoshop can be 🙂

6. Danielle
    June 21, 2008 at 11:23 pm — Reply

thank you SO much for your time! your tutorials are fantastic & so very easy to follow along with. i am learning so much. i appreciate it.

7. June 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm — Reply

Great tutorial! I very much needed to learn how to properly layer masks. Thank you so much.

8. July 14, 2009 at 9:23 pm — Reply

Sup? thanks a million for this great tutorial. It helped me improving my skills pretty much. It is always great to get some impressive inspiration and I hope to find more of such posts here soon because nobody will ever stop learning new things. Keep on