Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin)

Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 1 (Getting Rid of Under Eye Creases and Shadows)
Twitter - should I give in? I just did... Join Me!

1. August 18, 2008 at 9:03 am — Reply

GREAT secret tip.
    I do this a lot so it is great to now have a way to fix it.
    Off to practice so i don’t forget what i just learned.
    thanks, Jodi

2. August 18, 2008 at 9:09 am — Reply

I’m loving your Skin Trick tutorials! This is a weak spot for me – and the ones you have posted are just so quick and easy to do!! Thanks!!

3. August 18, 2008 at 9:19 am — Reply

though i have visited often, this is my first comment! (sorry for taking so long.) the tuts are great and thank you so much for sharing your “secrets”!

4. August 18, 2008 at 12:38 pm — Reply

Great tutorial – I’ll definitely use it!

5. August 18, 2008 at 2:54 pm — Reply

thanks again! I’ve never thought of doing it that way.

6. August 18, 2008 at 10:31 pm — Reply

This is a really awesome trick! I do this all the time too 🙂 Will for sure have to share this with people. Thanks so much Jodi, you are awesome!!

7. August 19, 2008 at 1:59 pm — Reply

Thank you so much for the tutorials that you share. One of my friends (Kate) sent me to your website and I can’t believe how much I am learning here. Thank you!!

8. August 22, 2008 at 12:20 pm — Reply

Thanks, as always for your helpful tips and tricks!

9. ~Jen~
    September 20, 2008 at 3:29 pm — Reply

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I should be working right now, but instead I decided to spend a little time catching up on all your tutorials that I haven’t had a chance to watch yet. The groom at the wedding I’m currently proofing was bald and sweaty so I have tons of shots of his big shiny head and this “magic trick” is just what I need!! Jodi you are awesome! Keep up the good work!

10. […] How to Get Rid of Shiny Skin in Photoshop […]

11. April 24, 2009 at 4:15 pm — Reply

Jodi, you are my PS guru! I just watched the Skin Tricks part 2 (shiny skin), and I totally love it. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us!!!!!

12. November 7, 2012 at 11:55 am — Reply

Excellent. I suggest one final step when there is a lot more oily/shiny skin to deal with then in your example: play with the opacity level of the new layer to get the total amount you need. I was doing an African-American skin with major reflection from the flash. Super contrast difference. First I had too much on the new layer but then I just reduced that opacity to where it looked good and voila.