facebook_pixel
Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Ellie and Jenna want to know… Do you prefer them in Color or B&W (and why?)

Ellie and Jenna want to know… Do you prefer them in Color or B&W (and why?)

Yesterday I used a flat iron on Ellie and Jenna’s hair for the 1st time – they fell in love – and even let me take photos!  So today when I edited, they were trying to decide if they prefer black and white or color.  Ellie said to me, “can you post some of these on your blog and ask your readers?”  How can you turn a cute 7 year old down.  So here they are.  Please let me (and especially Ellie and Jenna) know if you prefer the black and white or color – and why?

Thanks for playing along – they are going to be very happy!

Jodi

SEO – Don’t Be a Keyword Stuffer
Win a Tracy Joy Matching Camera Back, CF Wallet, Wrist Strap & Business Card Holder

1. April 5, 2009 at 6:40 pm — Reply

I really like the color ones. I am usually a big fan of black and whites but I really like the girls in color! I just love thier deep brown eyes! Very cute hair! Very cute girls!

2. April 5, 2009 at 6:43 pm — Reply

Both the color and b&w versions are exquisitely post-processed so this is a difficult choice. My gut say – b&w. The color in these images seems to get in the way of connecting the viewer to the subject in the image. My brain seems to respond to the b&w images in a more visceral way. With no hint of color, the images become solely about the subject and not so much about the surrounding area or props.

3. April 5, 2009 at 6:46 pm — Reply

Adorable! I love the b/w’s 🙂

4. April 5, 2009 at 6:48 pm — Reply

Wow, that’s a tough one! The girls are so precious that they look great in both style! : ) But, for the most part, I really like color photos, and use B&W sparingly.

5. April 5, 2009 at 6:48 pm — Reply

I agree with Seshu, I am drawn to the B&W……….beautiful!

6. April 5, 2009 at 6:49 pm — Reply

I agree with Seshu. I love the b&w version of all of these.

7. April 5, 2009 at 6:50 pm — Reply

I love the color ones. 🙂

8. April 5, 2009 at 6:54 pm — Reply

I have to say I am a b/w girl. I prefer them, because then you focus on the features and expressions more and the colors and surrounding space less.

9. April 5, 2009 at 6:58 pm — Reply

For me, it’s all about the eyes. I tend to like b&w when the subject is not giving you eye contact… It feels more like you’re capturing a moment in time, to me. I like color when those eyes connect with you and you get to show off all that detail and color in them. Great shots of your beautiful girls!

10. April 5, 2009 at 7:01 pm — Reply

I love the color ones. I love the pretty skin tones and awesome brown eyes! They just light up the room!

11. April 5, 2009 at 7:01 pm — Reply

Whether in black and white or color, adorable is still adorable. 😛

Personally though, I like to be able to see the pink on the guitar!

12. Deena
    April 5, 2009 at 7:02 pm — Reply

The first two I really like in color, because it shows their beautiful brown eyes! The second two I prefer in black and white.

13. April 5, 2009 at 7:08 pm — Reply

I like the first one better in B&W but the rest better in color. Because the eyes pop so much. But I love the colors in the rest so I like them better in color.

14. April 5, 2009 at 7:08 pm — Reply

I am normally a color girl…..the brighter the better. But these I like in bw, it concentrates on the very cute subjects!

15. Jessica
    April 5, 2009 at 7:15 pm — Reply

Both are awesome but I’m gonna have to go with color. Gives more dimension to those big brown eyes that I’m loving.

16. April 5, 2009 at 7:31 pm — Reply

The color pics to me draw you in more. The girls incredible brown eyes just pop with the color.
    So very cute!!!

17. Christina
    April 5, 2009 at 7:32 pm — Reply

I like them both but I prefer the b&w (except the last one which I like in color). I think there’s more of a connection in the b&w versions since you’re not distracted by the color.

18. April 5, 2009 at 7:33 pm — Reply

oooh. i have to say color for the close-ups b/c of the gorgeous brown hair and eyes! so lovely. but i like the guitar ones in b&w b/c the focus is more evenly distributed between the girl and the guitar (the guitar steals the stage a little in the color ones. it’s super cute, though!)

19. April 5, 2009 at 7:37 pm — Reply

I like ALL of them, but if I just had to choose, I’d probably go with the b/w ones. There seems to be more depth to them (although I do love the color ones also!!!) Cute hair girls!!!

20. Maida
    April 5, 2009 at 7:45 pm — Reply

I think the color on you photos are so beautiful.

21. April 5, 2009 at 7:52 pm — Reply

I love them all, but I think, if I had to choose, I would choose the black and whites. I just love the way their brown eyes look so black!

22. April 5, 2009 at 7:54 pm — Reply

I love them in color! Your color is always gorgeous! The color of their brown eyes is amazing, and that is the cutest guitar EVER in pink – how could you lose that? 🙂

23. April 5, 2009 at 8:03 pm — Reply

I love the color ones. The b & W is beautiful also, but I just love the color in their eyes!!

24. April 5, 2009 at 8:14 pm — Reply

The black and white are more striking to me. Love the contrast!

25. April 5, 2009 at 8:15 pm — Reply

Hmm I really LOVE your B&W conversion on these!

26. April 5, 2009 at 8:28 pm — Reply

Color all the way!! I do love B&W…but prefer color!

27. Katy G
    April 5, 2009 at 8:29 pm — Reply

Love the b&w…always timeless. Such beauties!

28. April 5, 2009 at 8:44 pm — Reply

Colour ones for me!! Very pretty 🙂

29. SandraC
    April 5, 2009 at 9:00 pm — Reply

I like the B&W for the close ups, but the color for the ones with the guitars. Why the B&W? Because their beautiful eyes have more sparkle!!

30. April 5, 2009 at 9:10 pm — Reply

I love the color ones……..that way I can see those beautiful brown eyes!!!!

31. Olivia
    April 5, 2009 at 9:11 pm — Reply

Definitely the color because they have the most beautiful brown eyes and hair!!! I always love seeing pictures of them! Keep sharing your beautiful girls!

32. April 5, 2009 at 9:13 pm — Reply

Ellie & Jenna — I am a huge fan of you in COLOR! 🙂 Those big brown eyes are just to precious to not see in color!!! 🙂

33. April 5, 2009 at 9:13 pm — Reply

COLOR!!! Because you girls are so full of colorful LIFE that it’s too beautiful not to see!!!!!

34. Julie
    April 5, 2009 at 9:18 pm — Reply

I love the colour version of these, how gorgeous!

35. April 5, 2009 at 9:22 pm — Reply

We like both!!! I think that the black and whites much more on the closeups but the color on the ones with the guitars because their outfits match so cute. I love the sparkle in their eyes that shows up much more on the black and whites!!!

However, with those big brown eyes, both pictures are adorable. . . .you girls look fabulous!!! My girls love to see big smiles like these!

36. April 5, 2009 at 9:35 pm — Reply

i love the color ones, too!! Their chocolate brown eyes are just so rich in color! The B&W’s are nice, but I feel more of a connection to them in the color shots.

37. Amanda Reimer
    April 5, 2009 at 9:38 pm — Reply

I like the color one in the first photo – but b/white all the rest.
    Cuties!

38. April 5, 2009 at 9:44 pm — Reply

I typically like color photos, but I really like these in b&w. Normally I like to see your girls in color because of their beautiful brown eyes. It’s hard to mess up when your subjects are so stinkin’ cute though!

39. melissa
    April 5, 2009 at 9:46 pm — Reply

I like the color ones but for some reason I prefer the one with her looking at the guitar in B&W. I have older boys so I am jealous that your girls will let you photograph them. 🙂

40. Kelly Ann
    April 5, 2009 at 9:48 pm — Reply

color, color, black & white, color, black & white.

Though they do look cute both ways!

41. Jenn
    April 5, 2009 at 9:50 pm — Reply

Girls, I love the color pictures of you! Although I don’t know you I think the color pictures probably capture your personality better. To me they say that you are both bright, happy and joyful young ladies. I love the b&w’s too but the color ones really draw me in!

42. stephanie
    April 5, 2009 at 9:55 pm — Reply

Black and White are always fun, but I do love the colors! You always capture those beautiful brown eyes. Nice hair too!

43. April 5, 2009 at 10:15 pm — Reply

Hi Ellie and Jen! First off I love your pictures..very pretty little girls. I like the color rather than the black and white because I am partial to “brown eyes” (my daughter has big brown eyes) and the bw doesn’t show that beautiful brown. Good Luck!

44. Janiebug
    April 5, 2009 at 10:42 pm — Reply

I love the color. You don’t want to miss the beautiful brown of their eyes. Plus, the colors of their clothes and guitar are so very pretty.

45. April 5, 2009 at 10:54 pm — Reply

Black and White!!
    B&W for people (especially with YOUR conversions) tend to show some of the person’s soul. Colr is great but for people I find it distracting.

Interestingly I almos never do B&W for my nature photos…

your girls are great!

46. Juanita
    April 5, 2009 at 10:56 pm — Reply

I love the b&w ones of the closeups. I think it brings out their beautiful eyes so much more.
    For the guitar ones, I do prefer the color. Goes with the mood, I think.
    Either way, they’re adorable. =)

47. April 5, 2009 at 11:10 pm — Reply

I’m a sucker for black and white

48. April 5, 2009 at 11:10 pm — Reply

The first two definitely in color. Three and four translate beautifully into black and white. Sweet girls!

49. April 5, 2009 at 11:39 pm — Reply

I’m a HUGE BW fan, but totally liking the color…plus my 4yr daughter was looking at them too, and she like the colored photos too….(maybe because of the pink guitar…she wants one now too!!!!)

50. April 6, 2009 at 12:05 am — Reply

I perfer the b/w of the first two but then color on the others.

51. April 6, 2009 at 12:54 am — Reply

Really love the b/w. I just love what seems to be the perfect balance of pure black and pure white. And, the b/w doesn’t have any color in the background to distract the viewer from each of your beautiful faces!

52. April 6, 2009 at 8:14 am — Reply

Interesting question! I love all of these in color, except the one of her looking down at her guitar, I prefer that one in b&w. It is just a mood thing for me I guess!!

53. April 6, 2009 at 8:38 am — Reply

I love the b&w’s! The color pics are nice, but I find them a little distracting (especially the ones with the guitar).

54. April 6, 2009 at 8:57 am — Reply

This is a hard one. Typically I would prefer B&W but the girls look so great with the color. My preference, although close, is the color versions. What little cuties!

55. Stefanie
    April 6, 2009 at 9:14 am — Reply

At first I thought b&w but then I saw that sweet pink guitar! Love that guitar! SO CUTE!

56. Tina Harden
    April 6, 2009 at 9:40 am — Reply

I love Color because I can see what a beautiful shade of your eyes and hair are. PS I just love your new hair dos!

57. Sariah Finn
    April 6, 2009 at 9:42 am — Reply

Black and white definitely. I adore the depth in a black and white photo, and her eyes are GORGEOUS in these.

58. April 6, 2009 at 9:56 am — Reply

I tend to prefer black and white photos. She has the most beautiful eyes though and they really come through in both the color AND the black and white.

59. April 6, 2009 at 10:51 am — Reply

Absolute dolls either way but I would choose the drama of black and white on everything but the images with the pink guitar. On those the pink guitar is a statement to me about the girly-girl style of giggly, musical energy that surely flows out of them everywhere they go.

60. Honey
    April 6, 2009 at 11:07 am — Reply

The color all the way! You both look ADORABLE!

61. Charlene Hardy
    April 6, 2009 at 11:39 am — Reply

I love the color. Their brown eyes are beautiful!!! I also love the teeth, my daughter is missing her two front top and bottom teeth and I think it is so adorable!!

62. Ashley
    April 6, 2009 at 12:10 pm — Reply

Please tell Jenna and Ellie that:
    I would say black and white, but something about their perfect brown eyes, just draws you in. So I would say I like the color. Both are stunning however. I don’t think you could go wrong.

63. Adrianne
    April 6, 2009 at 3:24 pm — Reply

I’m normally a color all the way kind of girl but something about the clean, crisp look of these in b&w is drawing me.

Let’s be honest, you can’t go wrong with them either way!!

64. April 6, 2009 at 4:20 pm — Reply

I have to agree with everyone that said they are drawn to thier amazing eyes in the black and white close up shot! Just beautiful Jodi!

65. Peggy
    April 6, 2009 at 9:22 pm — Reply

Color … there’s just so much energy and warmth. Your girls are beautiful and so sweet.

66. April 6, 2009 at 10:04 pm — Reply

Love the color!

67. April 6, 2009 at 10:36 pm — Reply

I agree that the girls’ eye are gorgeous, but I really like the Black and Whites best!

68. April 6, 2009 at 11:07 pm — Reply

The colour ones are soooo beautiful!

69. April 6, 2009 at 11:57 pm — Reply

I love the both, they are gorgeous little girls!

70. April 7, 2009 at 8:06 am — Reply

I like the color! Usually I would say b&w, but you have to appreciate the pink guitar:)

71. Natalie
    April 7, 2009 at 12:32 pm — Reply

the color- because you don’t often get to see a pink guitar AND it makes the missing/new teeth showcase more!

72. April 8, 2009 at 7:48 am — Reply

I like colour! They look great in both but my preference is for colour!

73. April 8, 2009 at 8:37 am — Reply

Definitely the bw with her dark hair and eyes. My favorites are the firs and the last one without the guitar. I could definitely see those two next to each other on the wall.

74. April 8, 2009 at 8:32 pm — Reply

I especially like the color photos since you can see the beautiful shades of brown in their hair.

75. Shell
    April 12, 2009 at 5:22 pm — Reply

Color shows so much of their personality better.

76. heatherK
    April 16, 2009 at 3:23 pm — Reply

In the B&W, I’m instantly drawn to their faces. Color is nice, but in this instance, it detracts from the subjects of the photos.

77. Angela Hostetler
    April 17, 2009 at 6:40 am — Reply

BW I think it bring the focus on her more.