Using Layer Masks for Skin Color Correction in Photoshop

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Using Layer Masks for Skin Color Correction in Photoshop

This video tutorial builds on yesterday’s layer mask tutorial.  It will teach you how to apply masking so that you can selectively affect parts of your photo when correcting skin tones.  I shared this video on ClickIn Moms as part of their Skin Tone Correction Series that happens every Wednesday – and I wanted to share it with you too.  Check out the contest ending Sunday – for a chance to win a 1 year membership to Clickin Moms.  This video also is an excellent resource for those who have taken my Color Fixing Workshop.

Enjoy – and let me know what questions you have?

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
How to use Layer Masks and Adjustment Layers in Photoshop
MCP Blueprint – an iphone 3gs picture edited in Photoshop

1. July 3, 2009 at 11:44 am —

Just want to add thanks for the tutorial, but I can’t find the link for the contest either. Pam

2. July 3, 2009 at 11:27 am —

This.Is.Wonderful.

3. July 3, 2009 at 12:04 am —

I can’t find the contest either. Help!

4. Gina Fensterer
    July 2, 2009 at 10:36 pm —

Love this tutorial!!! Now masks aren’t so scary to me. 😉 Thanks so much!

5. July 2, 2009 at 9:11 pm —

Am I missing something about the contest? When I click the link, it can’t find the page. I sure would like to enter!

6. July 2, 2009 at 5:40 pm —

Excellent. I love these tutorials. I’m curious about the color correction method by looking at the percents of RGB and adjusting colors to enhance opposite colors. Very interesting stuff. Thanks Jodi, it’s wonderful that you share like this.

7. Ashley Larsen
    July 2, 2009 at 5:16 pm —

Thank you. Always look forward to tutorials. I would like to know the “correct” numbers for skin correction… like at the beginning of the tutorial how you said more this less that to these specifications…

8. Alexis
    July 2, 2009 at 5:11 pm —

Jodi, that was a great tutorial! I learned a lot from this one and yesterday’s!

9. July 2, 2009 at 10:48 am —

Jodi-
    I so appreciate your generosity in sharing your knowledge with us all. Your instruction is always so very clear. I’m just this week digging into Varis’s Skin and Margulis’s Color Correction, and your very timely video is helping me to see their written instruction in action. Thank you so very much!