I was on a pontoon boat the day I took this shot. I did not bring my camera with me. When my daughter Jenna decided to jump from the boat and swim in the lake for her 1st time, I wanted to document it. I was bummed that I did not lug my camera… Then I remembered, iphone… It has a camera. Is it a perfect camera? No. But any camera trumps no camera at all.
The 1st picture is what came straight out of the iphone camera. The second with my Photoshop edit. Does it look like a Canon 5D MKII shot after? Nope. But is it passable for a great memory shot? Sure is!
So what editing did I do:
- Ran Color Burst from the MCP Complete Workflow Actions
- Ran Eye Doctor – enhanced catch lights, used sharpening – but lowered to about 40% since this is a 3MP camera.
- Adjusted skin tone slightly using curves.
- Used the method I taught in the “Skin Tricks 2 Video” to lightly fix blown reds that show up as shiny skin – I have attached the video below in case you missed it last year. It does get rid of detail a bit – so looking back now I wish I masked it back more…
- Used Touch of Darkness on the background with a 25% brush – and touch of light on a few creases in the water to add dimension.