A Birthday Blueprint

For today’s blueprint, I wanted to celebrate a birthday.  My own!  Yep, today at 5:11AM I turned 38 years old.  Wow! Time goes by fast.

At the age of 38 I have come to have an appreciation for life.  It is short, no matter how long we live.  My great grandma lived until days before her 104th birthday and even her life was too short.  So rather than say I wish I was younger, or wonder about where the years went, I will embrace my life and be thankful for my family, friends, business, hobbies, and health.

And since I will be getting a call soon from my mom and possibly my dad too saying “I cannot believe you are… (38)” I figured I would share a younger version of me today for the blueprint. Here is a shot taken when I was roughly my twins’ age (around 7).

The color shot is the original and for fun I used Quickie Collection’s Vanilla Ice Cream and then Touch of Light and Touch of Darkness. I decided to leave the noise in the image as it added to the mood.

little-cuti

Thank you to all those of you who posted Happy Birthday Wishes on Facebook!  Your thoughtfulness overwhelms my heart.  So seriously – “thank you.”

5,000 Friend Limit on Facebook: How Can a Social Networking Site Limit Friends?
Last Card & Template Workshop for 2009 * 26 CARDS INCLUDED {November 18th}

1. October 30, 2009 at 9:12 am — Reply

[…] 1 votes vote A Birthday Blueprint For today’s blueprint, I wanted to celebrate a birthday.  My own!  Yep, today at […]

2. October 30, 2009 at 9:49 am — Reply

Happy Birthday Jodi. Wow, I cannot believe how much your daughters look like you.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Jeannine

3. October 30, 2009 at 10:13 am — Reply

Oh my word Jodi – I can’t believe how much your daughters look like you. What an adorable photo to share! Happy Birthday from all of us over at I Heart Faces!!

4. isabel
    October 30, 2009 at 10:28 am — Reply

happy happy birthday jodi! at first glance i thought it was one of the twins…cheers!

5. Brenda
    October 30, 2009 at 10:43 am — Reply

Happy Birthday for the third time! (I swear, I’m not doing this on purpose.)
    I can totally see where your girls got their cute from. 🙂

6. Nancy L.
    October 30, 2009 at 10:46 am — Reply

Happy Birthday!!

7. October 30, 2009 at 11:10 am — Reply

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your day with your girls and your family. Your girls are like a clone of you!! I can’t believe how much they look like you. Thanks for sharing….adorable picture. 😉

8. October 30, 2009 at 11:11 am — Reply

This is a nice sweet post on getting older, I’ll be sure to keep that in mind for my birthday in the spring. I am going to echo what others have said because when I saw the photos I was thinking it as well- “your girls look just like you” :0)! Happy Birthday!

9. Tanya T.
    October 30, 2009 at 11:11 am — Reply

Happy Birthday Jodi. Ellie and Jenna look just like you….beautiful!!!!

10. Ally
    October 30, 2009 at 11:16 am — Reply

Happy Birthday Jodi! As the other people have said, I too thought it was a picture of one of your girls. I love it. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

11. Tiffany
    October 30, 2009 at 12:07 pm — Reply

Happy Birthday! If you didn’t know any better, you would think that picture was one of your girls! I have been wanting to get some of my pictures in the computer. How do u do it? Scan it or negative scan it? Any tips ? I hope you have a wonderful day!

12. October 30, 2009 at 12:07 pm — Reply

Happy Birthday Jodi!!!! It is amazing how much your daughters look like you did at that age! Hope you do something special for yourself today!

13. October 30, 2009 at 12:25 pm — Reply

happy birthday, jodi!!!! WOW – your daughters look identical to you!!! beautiful!

14. Jen Webster (JenWebsterPhotography)
    October 30, 2009 at 12:27 pm — Reply

WOW! You and your girls could be triplets…LOL HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

15. October 30, 2009 at 12:37 pm — Reply

Happiest of Birthdays to you!!! It is amazing how much your girls look like you when you were young! 🙂 I obviously didn’t read the whole commentary before the photo – but was thinking… looks like she used you “Throwback Vintage” action on that first image… to find that it was actually an old photo of you. I thought it was Ellie or Jenna.

16. October 30, 2009 at 12:55 pm — Reply

aw, adorable photo of you jodie!! have a happy, happy b-day and eat lots of cake!!!

17. October 30, 2009 at 12:56 pm — Reply

i spelled your name wrong, i always want to add the ‘e’ on the end??? sorry!!

18. October 30, 2009 at 2:11 pm — Reply

You do realize that the before picture looks like one of your shots that has had your actions applied. Was the photographer also a photographer? Amazing.

Sandy

19. October 30, 2009 at 2:15 pm — Reply

I concur with what everyone else is saying…..your daughters’ resemblance to you as a child is amazing! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

20. October 30, 2009 at 2:25 pm — Reply

Happy Birthday Jodi!! and Like Angie said, I almost thought it was one of your girls! 🙂

21. October 30, 2009 at 3:25 pm — Reply

OMG I can’t believe how much your daughters look like you!!! Happy birthday again!

22. October 30, 2009 at 3:42 pm — Reply

Happy Birthday, Birthday Girl! Thanks for sharing the photo of yourself…I really thought it was one
    of you twins at first! You have the right attitude for the ageing process and can never have too many
    friends no matter what Facebook says! sending birthday love…xo

23. Shelly LeBlanc
    October 30, 2009 at 4:20 pm — Reply

Too many friends? Is that possible?? Only in cyber-space.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JODI!

24. Shelly Frische
    October 30, 2009 at 9:26 pm — Reply

OMG you guys are triplets!! When I turned 38 I was 7 months pregnant with my surprise child. (God has a sense of humor). When you do talk to your parents…thank them from me for having such a talented child.Enjoy your day!

25. October 30, 2009 at 10:42 pm — Reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI!!! I hope you had a great day today 🙂

26. October 30, 2009 at 10:48 pm — Reply

oh my gosh – I love the yarn in your hair! Have a very happy birthday!

27. October 31, 2009 at 10:05 am — Reply

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday! And tell you how much I am loving your actions and storyboards! My mother actually got them for me on my Birthday Oct 7th! I can’t believe how easy the storyboard actions are! They save me soooooo much time and are so fun to customize! And the eye doctor action…….is absolutely my favorite eye action I have! I love the sharp as a tack! It has helped my post processing 100%! I want to thank you for taking time to make such Fabulous time saving actions and thank my mother for getting me the best Bday gift ever!

28. catherine k smith
    October 31, 2009 at 3:10 pm — Reply

happy birthday, jodi!!! and wishes for many more………..can’t believe how much your daughter looks like you at that age, the pics could be her w/ your vintage action! thanks for all the great tips/tricks/actions!

29. October 31, 2009 at 6:12 pm — Reply

There’s my girl! Seems like yesterday Jodi! SO CUTE!! Happy Birthday!

30. Heather Price........vanilla moon
    November 1, 2009 at 5:42 pm — Reply

Belated happy birthday wishes,your twins are your double!

31. November 2, 2009 at 4:46 am — Reply

your girls look like carbon copies of you at that age!!! Sooo cute : )
    I love the processing.