Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Win $50 Gift Certificates to MCP by Sharing Your New Year’s Resolutions

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Win $50 Gift Certificates to MCP by Sharing Your New Year’s Resolutions

When I awoke today, in a bed at my parents’ house in Atlanta, where we are visiting, I started thinking… What will my resolutions be this year. I have some personal and professional goals for this upcoming year.  Call them goals, call them resolutions, call them things to accomplish.

For personal resolutions, I resolve to get back to the gym 4-5 days a week (along with hundreds of millions of others). I just went to a new endocrinologist and plan to work with her to sort out my thyroid and monitor other potential health issues.

As far as family resolutions, I plan to put down the computer more when my kids or husband are around. I am so passionate about my work developing Photoshop actions, blogging and teaching photographers through my MCP Actions business. It is wonderful to love what you do but not at the expense of family.  I use the phrases “in a minute” or “when I am done with this email” far too often.  In this upcoming year, I am going to try very hard to finish my work between 9-4pm, other than the occasional nighttime Photoshop Workshop.

As for professional resolutions, I just launched my new website.  This was a 2009 resolution. The new blog design did not quite make it, so that will move into a 2010 goal (sooner than later). I will continue blogging 5+ days a week, with informative content, fun contests, and more.

I resolve to spend less time on email in 2010.  Email is part of my business, but I need to realize that I cannot answer every photography or Photoshop question.  I now have a FAQs in place on my website, as well as many resources listed throughout. I will add to these as needed, as well as address other FAQs in monthly blog posts.

My new website will help me focus on development instead of fulfillment. This should allow me to create and launch a few new Photoshop action sets for 2010. I may have some products for Elements users too, as I have hired someone to work with me in this arena.

If I cannot accomplish everything, I resolve to either “let it go” or re-work how I do things.  I may look at outsourcing or hiring contractors if needed.

THE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION CONTEST

Enough on my resolutions.  What are yours?  Share at least one personal and one professional goal/resolution you have for 2010. To qualify, you must enter these in the comment section of this post on the MCP Blog (NOT on Facebook or Twitter as those comments cannot be integrated).

This contest is a quick one – you have until Midnight eastern time on New Year’s Eve (so just over 14 hours to get your posts in).

Winners will be picked on New Year’s Day.

Please tweet, blog about and/or post to Facebook to let others know of this fun contest.  The more that participate the more prizes available.

Prizes: For every 100 comments – one $50 gift certificate for the MCP Actions Store (good for Photoshop actions and purchases over $50) will be given away.

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Quick Tip: Photoshop Shortcuts
3 Winners of the New Year's Resolution Contest

1. December 31, 2009 at 11:39 pm —

Personal goals for me will be to take better care of my health, I need to get my booty into the gym or doing some kind of exercise 3 x’s a week.
    Professionally, I’m going to be in a new state so will be working on really starting to work my business this year and get myself out there. I also resolve to blog at least once a week, should be more, but that I should be able to keep up with. Happy New Year Jodi! Hope 2010 is a great year for everyone!

2. December 31, 2009 at 11:40 pm —

My personal resolution is to be a healthier me. To not put it off on tomorrow. Dream bigger, laugh until my guts hurt more often, live in the now and listen more:) My professional resolution is to believe in myself more and prepare a solid ground for my future in the photography business.

3. December 31, 2009 at 11:52 pm —

My resolution is to become more organized and develop a more streamlined workflow, so that I can spend more time with my family!

4. December 31, 2009 at 11:55 pm —

My personal resolution is to lose weight and develop a healthier lifestyle!

5. December 31, 2009 at 11:55 pm —

Personal: to work smarter–not longer and harder–so that I can be the wife and mom that I want to be. To learn to say “no” so that I don’t spread myself too thin.

Professional: to take myself and my business more seriously and stop practically giving my work away. And, as in my personal goal, to learn it’s okay to say “no”!

Happy New Year!

6. James Johnson
    January 1, 2010 at 12:07 am —

My new years resolution is to learn more using manual settings and try my hand in studio sessions.

7. Dana
    January 1, 2010 at 12:17 am —

Personally: my family will be relocating to Arizona this year. I resolve to keep my house immaculate till it sells and set my new house up with no delays! Professionally:transition from Fort Hood to Fort Huachuca and update my email and blog!

8. January 1, 2010 at 2:20 am —

My personal resolution is to put more money towards vacations to go on every year….my favorite memories of childhood are vacations and road trips and I need to save more so I can continue the tradition. My professional resolution is to improve upon my own style & creativity and stop comparing myself to other photographers…its too self destructive 🙂

9. January 1, 2010 at 5:04 am —

my new year’s resolution is to work smart, not hard in my photography and business.

10. January 1, 2010 at 6:11 am —

To spend more time with my little boy and less time with my computer. xo

11. January 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm —

Even though I am too late for the contest I wanted to share as I enjoyed reading all the other resolutions.
    This is the year that I am going to devote to education. Photography, business, and self-growth. I plan on attending workshops, reading all the books I’ve been buying, and writing a new business plan.

12. Jessica O.
    January 1, 2010 at 8:36 pm —

Aww shucks! Am I too late to play?

13. June 22, 2011 at 2:04 pm —

An fascinating examination is worth comment. I think that you should belittle delete more on this field, it might not be a taboo subject but habitually people are not quantities to plead for on such topics. To the next. Cheers

14. Dena
    December 31, 2011 at 3:33 pm —

My personal resolution is to be the best person mentally and physically I can be for myself and my children. My professional resolution is to learn as much as I can about photography and be one of the best at it.