Free Photoshop Action + Video: To Add Texture to Photos in Photoshop

Thousands of people have downloaded the FREE Texture Applicator Photoshop Actions Set since its release just over a month ago. But now there’s another reason to celebrate! Finally, a video tutorial teaching you how to use this photoshop action to add textures to your photos. Sometimes texture is just too much for skin, so I will also teach you how to mask off texture from selective parts of the image.

To use this action you will want to find some great textures.

From Ebayer to Photographer | Interview with Heather Armstrong
New MCP Actions Team Member - Focusing on Photoshop Actions for Elements

1. February 3, 2010 at 11:53 am — Reply

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. 🙂

2. February 3, 2010 at 12:17 pm — Reply

thanks, jodi! the texture applicator action has made life so much easier! as always, your actions are simply awesome!

3. Laser
    February 3, 2010 at 12:54 pm — Reply

Thanks for the video tutorial – it is very helpful.

4. February 3, 2010 at 2:41 pm — Reply

Thank you so much!

5. Honey
    February 3, 2010 at 6:15 pm — Reply

Thank you Jodi … just when I thought I would turn off the video because I already knew how to do it you threw in that end tip and BOOM I learn from you again! You rock! I never knew how to select multiple things in one photo and blurring the texture and not just masking it out is brilliant! I will use that on flowers so the texture is heavier in the background … leaving the overlay effect will be so nice!

6. February 3, 2010 at 11:28 pm — Reply

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your blog, and all of the effort you put into posting QUALITY blogs day in and day out.

7. February 4, 2010 at 1:52 am — Reply

So helpful!!! Thank you, Jodi!

8. February 4, 2010 at 7:08 am — Reply

thank you so much for the video helps so much in understanding how to do this.

9. February 5, 2010 at 6:06 pm — Reply

I have learned more from you and your video tutorials, that apply to what I actually need to work with, than any college class I have taken for PS.
    Thank you for all the work you do to make our lives easier!
    I did download the free texturizer action but haven’t used it yet.
    Can’s wait to start playing with it now.
    Thanks, Jodi!

10. February 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm — Reply

Well done. Thanks for sharing … again!

11. ashley
    March 16, 2010 at 11:14 am — Reply

Hi there,
    I tried to do the edits a little while ago, but when I right-clicked it didnt give me the option to rastersize my photo? Any suggestions? I think the brush would be easier, but I didnt like the way it looked?

12. […] can be more.  Make sure it actually enhances the image.  Do not just use texture to use texture. This video can teach you how to take texture off the skin of subjects or remove the color tone from it or blur […]