This before and after Blueprint shows how you can use Photoshop actions to adjust colors and lighting in your images. Thank you to Barb Dubrawski of Amazon Lens for this Blueprint. Barb wrote “Loving how your work makes mine easier!”
Here are the manual steps and Photoshop actions she used to go from her before image to her after.
- Cropped Horizontal 9×14 300dpi
- Curves layer RBG to bring up the midtones and darken a touch – Input 11, output 0
- Curves, Blue: input 106, output 148 to cool it down dramatically (as taught in the MCP Color Fixing Photoshop Class)
- Ran the Photoshop action Darker and Richer from the Complete Workflow set, 82% , brushed out her face with large soft brush at 100%
- Ran Skin Cast Blast from the Magic Skin Photoshop Actions – and use the layer Bye Bye Mellow Yellow at 100% and bye bye Pumpkin at 85% and Bye Bye Lobster at 100%
- Ran Magic Foundation from Magic Skin Photoshop Actions at 45%, dark soft brush masked our the eyes
- Use the FREE Touch of Light over their faces 16 %, with a large soft brush, Touch of Dark over her hair 80% and in the corners
- Burned the background and dodged her eyes and burned edges – If you do not know how to do this, it can also be done with the Eye Doctor and then using MCP’s FREE Photoshop actions: Burnt Edges
- Then I sharpened, and Voila!