Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Pricing Photography: Too High? Too Low?

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Pricing Photography: Too High? Too Low?

Pricing Photography: How high should you be prices be?

Last week I ran across a photographer online who listed her prices in the sidebar of her blog/website. Her bio indicated that she was a “professional photographer” which of course is often used loosely in 2010. She said she had 5 years of experience shooting weddings, portraits and pets. In my opinion, her work did not appear to compete with many professional photographers I see daily.  Her prices: $60 for all your photos from a portrait photography session on a disk. The print prices were extremely low.  And that fee of $60 included the photo session too.

I not only questioned how this might lower the bar for photography as a whole, but how she could make a living. Then again… maybe she is not earning an income from photography.  She may be doing this as a “hobby” and just want gas money.  She also may not be a legitimate business.  And she may not be paying taxes.  There are so many variables.

I decided to post about this discovery on my Facebook Page thread. And the emotions, opinions and questions stirred. I know pricing is ultra controversial amongst professional photographers.  Some photographers develop their prices based on what they want to make in a year, figuring in expenses, taxes, and other costs. Many photographers start out unsure what to charge. These photographers may pick numbers out of thin air.  Many photographers research what other photographers in their area charge, and build pricing based on those numbers.

I would love to get a dialog going here on the MCP Blog answering these questions in the comment section:

• Do you consider yourself a professional photographer?
  • How to you determine your pricing?
  • Do you feel you are priced too low? high? or just right?
  • Do you price yourself based on others around you?  Based on your experience?  Or based on what you want to earn?
  • How does it make you feel when you see someone charging $60 for all photos on a disc, including the photo shoot?
Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Macro Photography: Quick Tips to Get You Started
Win a Gift Certificate to Simplicity Photography Design by Angela Monson

1. July 28, 2010 at 9:13 am —

1. Yes I consider myself a professional. I am also a legit business and have to pay those lovely taxes 🙂
    2. I determine my pricing by what others around me are charging and based on my clientele. I am only 21 years old, so I get a lot of my old high school friends as clients. Being 21-24 most of them cant afford high prices. This is my main reason for my pricing. My portrait sessions run from 100-150 (this is including the CD with copyright release). My weddings range from 900-1750.
    I dont technically feel underpriced, but I do edit EVERY photo, so I work a lot of hours editing. So I would like to charge a little more, but for now I think I am fine.

When I see people charging $60 for a shoot, it makes me hope that my clients dont see it lol.
    I get more mad when I see people choose photographers who are overpriced for their quality. There is a local photographer in my area that is very expensive and the quality in my opinion isnt worth the price. What do you think about those people?

2. July 28, 2010 at 9:25 am —

GREAT post, and I agree that it can be uuber controversial. To answer your questions:
    1) I determine my pricing based on my current non-photography salary and how my husband and I want to live. We know our expenses. We know what we want to do. We know what he makes. I know what my number needs to be, and I don’t really care about anyone else’s! I want to quit my day job and have recently transitioned to part-time. I did some math to figure out what I should make for each wedding as profit (including paying TAXES!!) and charge accordingly.

3) However, in starting my business, I knew this number but felt uncomfortable with it given my level of experience. If I EVER got an uneasy feeling about what I “wanted” to charge – I lowered it to where I felt my true value to the clients was. Right now I feel as though I am charging exactly what I am worth with my knowledge, skill, service, and products. In comparing my work to others in the area that do charge similar prices, I feel as though my clients can see my value.

4) Nope, again I base my pricing on what I personally want my lifestyle to be.

5) Sounds like they’re a beginner, and unfortunately people will think that “that’s how much photography should cost”. However, there are clients in the area who do value what I (and other professionals in the area) do, and are willing to pay for it. I don’t try to sway people otherwise, they’re just catering to a totally different market than I am.

3. July 28, 2010 at 9:25 am —

That is way too low! I have come across this sort of thing time and again in the area that I live and sorry to say, but to some people a picture is a picture and they will go to the cheap photographer who’s work is not polished or even in focus.

That being said, some in other areas of the US might consider my prices too low. I live in a lower income area and people aren’t going to pay upwards of $400 for a session and prints. It’s just not gonna happen. Especially in this economy. I feel I am in the middle ground for my area. I still want to be affordable, but make a good profit.

However, if I ever move, you can bet I will be raising my prices to reflect the area market.

great topic!

4. Karen Cupcake
    July 28, 2010 at 9:27 am —

Yes… I am a professional photographer, and have been (on my own) since 1996. What makes me one? ALl my experience (photo lab technician for 11 years, worked with mentors as assistant for 3 years, managed portrait studio 1 year, and then opened my own business in home, and finally just opened stand alone studio three years ago)…….. I base my prices on area prices and what my market of people will bear. I make changes every couple of years depending on how things swing. I feel I am priced just right… but that the newbies (mwacs, whatever!!!) are NOT pricing right and are ruining my market, and ALL of our business with their “too cheap” prices because they A) dont need the money B) think they are not “good enough to charge what you charge” C) are not paying their taxes!!!!
    It brings our whole industry down. It makes my days so stressful trying to figure out HOW I can compete with these people… when of course at THIS PRICE it isnt a competition. Its like Walmart opened up the doors and said ” ALL FREE TODAY”. Makes me spend hours trying to figure out what new career I can cough up at 44 years old, since all I have done since birth is dying on the vine because of things I cannot fix. :O(
    So yeah……..its a bit of a touchy subject here in my universe…. especially since my business is our sole means of making a living. To have my clients go to another photographer after 3,5, 10 years of loving me, just because someone else is ” cheaper” makes it hard to swallow……on all accounts.
    And no matter what you and all the other advisers post, and I share with the girls I am mentoring……….. they STILL refuse to listen, and answer back with endless excuses as to why they have to keep doing what they do. My photo friends keep saying the tide will change……….. I just hope I can keep afloat while that happens!

5. July 28, 2010 at 9:38 am —

As a newly established business owner, I can totally relate to pricing issues. I don’t live in an where there are a lot of people with a lot of money, our main source of jobs comes from a local military base…with that being said, I feel my prices for my area are good. Not too high, could be higher (will change that after the new year), but high enough right now to weed out the type of clients I don’t want. It was hard to tell a potential client that I was sorry my prices didn’t fit her criteria, especially since (my mistake) had done BEAUTIFUL images for her during my portfolio building process for virtually free…mistake learned. For me, it is a business and though I’ve only been in business for a year, I’ve been a photographer for much longer.
    So, with that being said here are my answers:
    1) I do consider myself a professional…not only photographer, but designer (I am a graphic designer by trade). Not only do I feel I take great photographs, but I know how to edit them properly, which now adays with digital photography is part of the “package deal”
    2) I determined my pricing on local photographers in my area and then adjusted it to what I felt I was worth…I’m realizing I’m worth WAY MORE! hehe!
    3) Right now my pricing is great, I’m getting great bookings, making actual print orders and not just cd purchases, but I will be raising my prices after the New Year (previously mentioned) to fit my changing needs and clients.
    4) I’m basing my prices on others around me and my experience compared to theirs. Just because they have taken pictures longer doesn’t make them better…
    5) Makes me feel sick. It makes me wonder…makes me sad for those that do work hard, but at the same time, you get what you pay for…

Thanks for the topic, it is definately a daily struggle! Love your blog and love your work!

6. July 28, 2010 at 9:39 am —

This is a great post and I can’t wait to see the comments!

1. Yes, I consider myself a professional photographer. I do still have a regular full-time job, but I’m hoping to transition into photography full-time as soon as possible. But for now, I’ve got to pay the bills.

2. I just increased my prices in June and I based them on how much it cost to run my business (annual/monthly required expenses), how much it cost to shoot a wedding/session (aka, my products, time, etc.), and then factored in taxes. Once I got my base price for what I’d have to charge, I multiplied it by 3 to create my retail price (which would include my profit). At times I did feel like the ultimate price was too high so I lowered it. Ultimately, I followed Stacey Reeves’s pricing guide: http://www.forbeyon.com/download/greatestpricingguideever.pdf

3. I feel I’m priced at what I’m worth right now – and at the same time priced where I can safely say “yes, I’m willing to give up my weekend and hours out of my life for this shoot.” Unfortunately, because I did raise my prices significantly, I have not received many inquiries (and no bookings) since raising my prices. So that’s making me question whether I’m now too high….. But it’s too late to worry about that!

4. When I first started out, I priced based on those around me – taking into account how long I’d been in the business. When I did my price increase, I priced based on what I wanted to make and how many weddings/sessions I felt comfortable taking, along with my experience and quality of work.

5. $60 for the shoot and the disc is crazy low. And it irritates me. Because it means that clients will more often than not choose that photographer because her/his prices are so much lower than mine and everyone these days is out to save a buck. At the same time, I’ve recognized what type of client I want. I want someone who appreciates photography as art and WANTS to spend the money to have it done right. I don’t necessarily want to market myself to clients who are willing to settle for $60 sessions. This was another factor I considered when raising my prices – what type of client did I enjoy working with?

7. July 28, 2010 at 9:40 am —

1. Yes

2. Initially, by looking at what those around me were charging. I placed myself just about square in the middle of the range for my area. Now, I’m easily in the top 80% range of the pricing in my area for pet portraits. For dog sports, I’m one of the most expensive around for prints, but people pay it because I can deliver in conditions where others can’t.

3. Just right for portraits in terms of sitting fees ($200) probably a hair low for prints, but I’m certainly not cheap. For dog sports, I’d love to be able to charge even more, but in that area I’m pretty much topped out already.

4. I did initially price based on those around me. I believe pricing on experience is a trap. One can have years of experience delivering totally crap, or weeks of really quality work. I price based on what I feel my work is worth and what the market will allow.

5. I don’t much care about the low priced photographers in terms of how they affect my business. They aren’t my competition. They’ve always been around and always will be around. It’s a cycle. Yes, there are those who will think that budget pricing is the norm, but there are those who have learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. If a photographer asks for advice, I’m happy to give it. I’ll tell them if I don’t think they are charging enough to sustain their business, but as I said, whether or not they survive has very little to do with my business.

8. July 28, 2010 at 9:43 am —

Do you consider yourself a professional photographer? Not yet. Not comfortable charging people but, I do have a LLC set up and all the business to go with it.
    How to you determine your pricing? I add up all my equipment, time, etc. and determine what I need to make per hour or what a sessionis worth. COGS
    Do you feel you are priced too low? high? or just right? High right now but I do (will) discount prices when I charge in the near future. Just want people to get use to the prices so when I am ready and fully operational it will not be a surprise.
    Do you price yourself based on others around you? Based on your experience? Or based on what you want to earn? All of the above.
    How does it make you feel when you see someone charging $60 for all photos on a disc, including the photo shoot? Sad. So much time, energy, education, equipment, etc. goes into photography and becoming a photographer. Other people should understand what goes on behind the seens and when you see a price like that they think that is what it is worth.

9. July 28, 2010 at 9:49 am —

Do you consider yourself a professional photographer? yes, I earn a living (albeit not a good one yet 🙂 ) with my photography. I worked hard to provide a high quality product for clients.

How to you determine your pricing? I base my prices on my business plan. In mu business plan, I include what my costs of doing business are (taxes, salary, equipment, etc) as well as my costs of goods sold (prints, albums, cards, etc) to figure out what I need to charge to meet those costs. I adjust as necessary, as I am constantly revisiting my plan to see how I can make it better for me.

Do you feel you are priced too low? high? or just right? Well, for me I am priced just right 🙂 However, I do worry I am priced too high for my area. So I am revisiting to be able to make adjustments so I can meet my bottom line and provide a product my clients will want.

Do you price yourself based on others around you? Based on your experience? Or based on what you want to earn? All of the above 🙂 They are all a factor. However, at the end of the day, I base them most on what I need to earn.

How does it make you feel when you see someone charging $60 for all photos on a disc, including the photo shoot? This is a tough one. I try not to think about those photographers, because honestly, I can only control myself. I wonder if they are really a business (ie. do they pay taxes, have a business license). If they aren’t, that makes me angry because I do everything legally…which means I have to charge more to cover those expenses. It isn’t fair. I also look at the quality of their work. If it isn’t good, the people who are going to those photographers aren’t the same people who would come to me. It is obvious they choose cost over quality. It is when they are talented and charging next to nothing. That is what hurts those of us who are really trying to make this business work. Clients start thinking that everyone should be providing a high quality product at a very low cost. It just can’t be done! Those who aren’t charging enough must not be taking everything in to consideration…because you simply can’t run a profitable business charging such low rates.

10. July 28, 2010 at 9:51 am —

I don’t consider myself a professional photographer, despite that some people do consider me to be, but a serious hobbyist with a great interest in the craft.
    I’ve shot a wedding, some other events and portraits and have charged a small fee, as this is not my main source of income I do charge a small fee and wouldn’t be able to maintain my family with that income. I always try to educate people on the value of photography and how the large amount of “photographers” out there have caused for the value to come down and how people can’t really put a value to digital data because it’s not something physical.
    What I charge is just to cover the costs of the film used to take the photos requested and don’t give the client a large number of photos.
    I do strive, however, to have really professional looking photos and mostly shoot for myself.

11. July 28, 2010 at 9:53 am —

Jodi, I agree, GREAT post. I recently have come across people such as you describe above, and it absolutely infuriates me. Not so much because they are undercutting the well educated and/or well skilled photographers who are truly professional, but also because, well, they are just so NOT professional! It’s obvious from their photos – getting one decent shot out of every 25, and clearly using all automatic functions on the camera, including the pop up flash on her pro-sumer model that produced red-eye, is not coined PROFESSIONAL. It bugs the crap out of me…

I consider myself professional, yes, as I’ve been a photographer since the mid ’90’s, have gone to school for it and earned 2 degrees in it, and am in school for yet another grad degree in it (MFA, Photography), and have taught and was a Professor and Dept Chair at several well-known universities in the field of photography. And, yes, I feel that I have the technical knowledge to produce vivid and beautiful photographs, which coins me into the term “professional”, since I have a legitimate company LLC’d and pay taxes, and use the income for my livelihood.

I’m very bad at pricing, honestly. I keep changing it because I’m not sure what the ‘right’ pricing is. However, I’m pretty comfortable with my current pricing structure, which is $125 for a session fee for up to 3 people, and $200 for a family, all of which does not include images or prints. Actually, I sell digital files for $150/ea, after a certain minimum is reached. I definitely don’t think I’m the most expensive, but I’m not a $60 all inclusive session either.

Quite honestly, if someone calls themselves PRO, and has the lack of skill that one person in particular exhibits, it’s an insult. I even had this one particular person try to copy and duplicate images of mine and slap her name on it, images I had in a gallery show that were sold as limited edition items! That’s the same wonderful “photographer” who charged a similar rate. I seriously wonder if people “get it” sometimes, as she has 300+ fans on FB, and her work is AWFUL.

Anyway, that’s my $.02.

12. Marie Wally
    July 28, 2010 at 10:01 am —

I am a professional. I am so because I pay taxes, business insurance and I have a passion and strive to give my clients the best that I can.

I set my pricing at what will make me money after all my expenses. I do not and can not afford to do this for free, if I am going to take time away from my family, at the end I have to have money made to justify it.

I never used to care what other charged, but lately have learned that despite the fact we want our art to show case us, in the end where I am, price wins. Clients will always go to the gal down the street who charges $120 for the DISC! I charge that for just the session fee — so guess who has business and who does not. I would love to say that type of photographer is not my competition, but in this economy where everyone is saving where they can and so many say well for $500 that I would pay you I can get a camera and do it my self, it’s not likely I can continue to ignore them. More then likely I will close my doors after five years in business, because I just don’t want to compete with the shoot and burn photographer who has not a clue or care about a real business model.

13. July 28, 2010 at 10:11 am —

This was a great post…really got me thinking about my own business. Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated about my responses.

Do you consider yourself a professional photographer? Well, I don’t know…I’m still in my first year in the business just trying to see if I should stay in it or hang it up. I took some classes and have done a lot of research and experimenting and I’m just trying to improve as I go. Although, the first thing I did was get an LLC and a vendor’s license because my husband and I agreed that if I was going to do this, I was going to start out right. So, I do pay taxes and all the things I have to pay.

How to you determine your pricing? Well, this year, I don’t expect to make a profit at all – and that’s a part of the plan. I’m still new in this and I still make mistakes sometimes. So, I definitely didn’t want to overcharge. Also, I live in an area that has one of the lowest cost of living in the country, so I kept that in mind as well. This year, as opposed to making a lot of money, I’m really looking just to get experience. I do plan on raising prices as my experience grows and quality grows.

Do you feel you are priced too low? high? or just right? Honestly, I don’t know. When I look back at some of my earlier stuff, I’m probably just right. I think I am improving though, and that’s why I’m going to raise the prices effective 2011. There are other photographers in the area that charge more than me (who have years of experience on me) and there are other that charge less (some who have years of experience on me as well, and some who I think don’t have the quality of photos that I do).

Do you price yourself based on others around you? Based on your experience? Or based on what you want to earn? Right now, it is mostly based on experience because I am so new. That will change to include all three as I improve and gain experience. I can understand the frustration of other photographers on this issue, but I am just starting out. I do not plan on staying in this mode much longer. Plus, as I said, I’m not the cheapest in my area.

How does it make you feel when you see someone charging $60 for all photos on a disc, including the photo shoot? I saw someone in my area who charges $350 for a wedding and that gets them the disc – this is almost half of what I charge just to be there and shoot. Right now, I look at it like that’s their business if they want to do that – if their photos don’t look that great, I figure they don’t put as much time into post processing as I do either. Since I’m still new, I don’t have as much confidence in my own work right now…some of you pros out there may look at my work (especially my earlier stuff) and think I should hang it up and find a different career. And, you’re welcomed to take a look if you want to – if you think something is bad, please try to be constructive about it – don’t make me cry lol 🙂

14. July 28, 2010 at 10:15 am —

Do you consider yourself a professional photographer?
    I do consider myself a professional photographer. The problem is – what consitutes a professional? Someone who gets paid for their work. It certainly doesn’t mean you’re good or worthy of being paid for your services, unfortunatly.

How to you determine your pricing?
    My pricing was determined based on other photographers I feel I’m on par with. Not necessarily in my geographic location or anything. I also invested in the Easy as Pie series and that helped me understand how to price everything from my session fee to my 5×7’s. It was an awesome investment!

Do you feel you are priced too low? high? or just right?
    I feel I’m priced a touch high. Not TOO high, just high enough that I can offer a discount here and there and not have to kill myself for having done so.

As i mentioned above – I’m not so concerned with others around me. I price what I think is right. I price what I think I’m worth. There are people everywhere who shop at Louis Vitton – they don’t change their prices regionally.

I have to say, this is starting to bother me more and more recently. I never used to and in fact, I used to think people got a little too crazy with what others were doing and charging. Recently, however, I had a client pull the ol’ “But so-so studio only charged me $50 for a CD of 200 edited, high resolution images! You charge more than that for ONE FILE!” And I wanted to scream. The truth is, this person is obviosuly NOT my client and I had to let it go but it certainly annoyed me. I could have said, “well, they’re probably a crappy photog.” Or, “Well, if their prices are so great, why aren’t you using them again?” But what purpose would that serve? We’re never going to be able to control what other people do, we’re never going to educate the public completely, we’re never going to be able to compete with Sears prices – but hey, if you want to bring your kid to Sears and plop him down on a dirty square of carpet and pay $100, good on ya! You’re not my client. Period – end of story. I am okay with that. I will charge what I know is fair and I will stick to it. I’ll roll my eyes at the MWACs and the people who get a blog and charge $60 for their biggest package, but I won’t waste energy on it. I can only be concerned with myself, paying my taxes, being legit, making my clients happy, constantly learning, growing, improving my craft, etc. That’s it!

15. July 28, 2010 at 10:16 am —

Such a timely subject!
    1) Yes I do consider myself a professional – although I’m not full time yet by choice. I am raising a family currently
    2) I used to set my pricing based on others in the area, what my former mentor told me, and basically out of thin air. Recently (because of this blog) I purchased the Easy As Pie & Pastry Shop guides by Alicia Caine & feel my outlook has been totally revolutionized! I’m up for a pricing change over one year (to ease my current clients in to the big change) to charge based on what I want to make, taxes, cost of goods sold, etc. It’s all so wonderful to be shown the light when so many around me in my area wouldn’t share anything at all. It’s like pricing is a no-no sharing topic.

3)So based on the above question, I’m currently too low, but on my way up!

5) To the photographer charging $60 for the whole shebang – I’ve been there, but you are worth more. I recently found a photographer charging less for the same thing. I took a leap of faith & kindly emailed the following: If you are charging $60 for everything, think about that broken down in to an hourly rate. Session prep – 30 mins, travel time – 45 mins, time with client – 120 mins, travel time back – 45 mins, upload & back up photos – 60 mins, editing – 120 mins, burn disc – 15 mins, package & mail – 30 mins. All adding up to about 8 hours. $60 for eight hours of work is about $7.50 an hour! My babysitter makes more than that. Just something to think about.

Thanks again!

16. July 28, 2010 at 10:21 am —

Okay, I’ll play! 🙂
    I consider myself a semi-professional…really just getting off the ground, and doing this on an extremely part-time basis. No official website yet, but I’m well on my way to having a nice portfolio/gallery ready for when I launch one.

My pricing is set two ways: the session, based on number of subjects, and for prints/CD. I’ve initially set my print prices to about double my cost. The more I assess other photographers’ print prices, however, the more I feel I have set mine much too low. Still, I am comfortable with them at this point, but will most likely be revise them in 2011.

For the area I live in, my prices are pretty reasonable, but are not Walmart-low. I’m competitive with some pros in this area in terms of both pricing and quality of work, but then other professionals are WAAAAAY more expensive than me. Of course, they have the years of training, experience, and thousands of dollars of equipment and studio space to justify it.

I did quite a lot of research on session and print pricing, in both my target market area, as well as looking at other photographers whose work I admire. I did not set my prices on a whim; I considered how much time it would take me to process a session, and the quality of results I can produce. Therefore, charging $60 for the session and a CD, to me, seems absolutely ridiculous and hardly worth the time and effort. Knowing what I know about my own work and abilities, my hunch is you may get what you pay for with a person who charges so little.

17. Rebecka Jeffs
    July 28, 2010 at 10:30 am —

*I am a student photographer earning my degree in visual arts with photography emphasis.

*I base my prices on my level of experience and note this in my blog that I am a student and pricing will change as I gain more understanding and experience.

*I feel that my pricing is too low, but it seems like the only price people are willing to pay in this economy, and some are not willing to pay it even at the low price I offer.

*I based my price on other armature photographers pricing & my skill level.

*feel that some photographers earn the right to charge more by the quality of their work. you should charge based on demand of your work and skill level. You noted that the photographers work was not as good as others you have seen. So maybe she hasn’t earned the right to charge a higher price…. an example would be Louis Vuitton, he sells his merchandise for thousands of dollars per piece and you can find knock offs for less then $20, but in the end, you get what you pay for.

18. July 28, 2010 at 10:33 am —

It makes me upset. I may not even be “PROFESSIONAL” and certainly not the best around, but I’m certainly trying and learning every waking moment! This isn’t my full time job (only because in THIS economy, I’m frankly scared to do that!) but I’m working toward that as my goal and part of that aim is LEARNING as much as I can! When I see prices like that, it makes me really wonder about their ability. And, if I can be so bold, it makes me angry when I’m trying SO HARD only to be undermined like that.

I determined my pricing based on the talent I have and those pricing in my area with about the same level of skill as I have. Does that make sense? When I was portfolio building, I only charged gas money and the actual cost of prints. I didn’t charge more until I actually went PRO.

19. July 28, 2010 at 10:44 am —

wow this is exactly what i have been fighting with this week and am trying to really get a good handle on it.

1)i say i am a professional but i am in the “building my portfolio stage” i have a great habit of talking down about myself and my skills and as far as starting a business i hear that is not the best thing to do. so i feel if i present my best i will produce my best. it still make me nervous. i know i am not the worst of the bunch but i have lots to learn and am working hard at that. i also am only doing this on the weekends and am hoping to transition like Leeann Marie into doing my full time part time and photography part time and eventually full time mainly because of the money.
    2)i have been trying to base my pricing off of people in my area as well as what i need to make to be profitable. so i am currently setting my prices where i want to be in a year and offering a discount. still not sure where that is though.
    3)because of my answer to #2 i am not sure.
    4)sadly i started with the whole free thing but i never made that known on my website/blog. i am starting to charge more but i make it known that this is just what i charge you and with each client it is changing and as i have been taking on more clients and want to be consistent.

question: i moved to south florida about a year ago and have been contacting people i would say a little under 30 people, to see if any one is looking for an assistant or second shooter mainly so i can get into weddings but i have had no luck. does anyone have any advice on this?

20. July 28, 2010 at 10:47 am —

I’m just a serious hobbyist who would love to improve enough to become a beginner professional if there is such a categorie. I would have to say that there is a market for every price level. Those who are willing to pay for boutique photographers and can afford it would not be satisfied with the less intimate service of a low price photographer. There are also people who can not afford very much but still desire to capture memories with more than their own snapshot. Fortunately, for everyone there are many price tiers. Please don’t be mad at me. It’s just the way I see it. I have also worked as a waitress through college and whenever there were more restaurants in an area business did better. Not worse. And it didn’t matter the price range either.