80s Punk Rocker Meets Toy Story Characters

80s Punk Rocker Meets Toy Story Characters

I had a great idea this year for Halloween. Since my twins love having my husband and me dress up, and since our favorite family movies are Shrek and Toy Story, and we were already Shrek and Fiona last year, let’s all dress as Toy Story characters.  This plan worked great until Ellie said “I want to be an 80s punk rocker.” Ellie made a costume from random pieces of clothing plus lots of colored hairspray and a blow up guitar. Go ELLIE!  I still remember when I was a punk rocker, only it was in the “real 80s.”

80s punk rocker costume

Love the jump shots:

punk rock girlAnd another:

Punk Rocker Ellie

Jenna decided to participate in a “family theme” and go as Jessie from Toy Story.  She actually wanted to be this before I located my costume.

toy story jessie

And now for the full look…  Getting curious yet on what I dressed up as?  Hint – it was NOT Buzz Lightyear.

jessie from toy story costumeAnd from the back:

jessie costume toy story

Now for the one that may make you laugh…  Yes – I really do dress up, and so does my husband.  We went to their school and again out on Halloween night as Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. And I have to say, we were a it.  Kids kept coming up to us all day and night, pointing and saying, “look – Mr . and Mrs. Potato Head!”

mrs. potato head

Proud To Be A Hobbyist Photographer: Reasons NOT To Go PRO
Bag of Tricks Photoshop Action Set: The Contest Winner and Runners Up

1. November 1, 2010 at 9:08 pm — Reply

i want ellie’s shoes! so cute! i bet they’d be too small for me – haha! looks like a funtime at your house this halloween!

2. November 1, 2010 at 9:19 pm — Reply

I love family themes! Those are adorable costumes. Yours is so cute!

3. Kristen B
    November 1, 2010 at 9:51 pm — Reply

Thanks for sharing – I’ve always wanted to do a family theme, but I can’t sell the family on it for some reason. I wanted to do the Mystery Inc crew (to include scrappy doo) when we had one big dog and one small one, but I couldn’t convince the kids and ole man to participate.
    ANYWHO – All that to say, “I hope you packed his angry eyes”….you know, just in case

4. November 1, 2010 at 10:33 pm — Reply

Bright and colorful…just like your color pop actions LOL

Love it!

5. November 2, 2010 at 8:46 am — Reply

oh.. what great costumes you and your family had this year.

6. Suzanne
    November 2, 2010 at 9:00 am — Reply

Wow, I feel old now that the 80’s are Halloween costumes. I could have made a fortune off the clothes in my attic – lol!

Love all the pics!

7. […] Halloween is such a fun time of year.  I love dressing up, and so do my kids. If you missed our 2010 costumes, see us  in our Halloween costumes here. […]