$0
$29.99 * Reach here for 10% off

$49.99 * 20% Off

$70 * 30% Off!!

$150 * 40% Off!!

Top 20 Hottest Holiday Gift Ideas for Photographers for $50 or Less

Top 20 Hottest Holiday Gifts for Photographers for $50 or Less: Shopper’s Guide

(Not quite 20 anymore – as we tried to remove older products that are not available anymore)

Hanukkah and Christmas are coming. If you are looking to buy your photographer friends or relatives gifts this holiday season, but cannot quite afford to get them each a new Canon SLR or a shiny new professional series L Lens, you will love these fun, creative ideas! If you are a photographer, make sure to “share” a link to this post so you can get some of these fun goodies too! Make sure to SHARE this post on Facebook and Twitter if you enjoyed it, and to leave a comment letting us know your favorite item on the list.  Mine is the lens mug, but there are a bunch of close 2nds.

Lens MugWhile it might not be as good as the “real thing,” photographers need caffeine! And what better way to drink it than in a lens.  These make amazing gifts and work well for both beverages and as pen and pencil holders, which is how I use mine.

canon lens mug

MCP Actions e-Gift Cards: Want the perfect, paperless gift? How about giving some Photoshop actions, Lightroom Presets, or Photoshop online training to a photographer this holiday season? Since you may not know exactly what is on their wish lists, an e-Gift Card is perfect! Available in $25, $50 and more… (cannot mention those other denominations since the title is $50 or less…)

mcp-gift-card

Designer Camera Straps: These new Mod camera straps by jill-e designs are fun and functional. Lots of others to choose from too.

camera straps for photographers

Lens Bracelets: A whole new twist on manual focus. Instead of adjusting focus, you get to wear these replica focusing rings on your wrist!

Lens focus ring bracelets

What the Duck Cartoon Book for Photographers: This book is perfect for those who love to laugh and enjoy taking pictures. Both hobbyist and professional photographers will find humor in these duck photographer cartoons. At this price, it makes for a great stocking stuffer.

what the duck book

Camera Necklace: How fun is this old time camera necklace?  I love it. Simple, cute and affordable.

camera necklace

Camera Cufflinks: What a fun gift for the male photographer. Great for the wedding photographer that has to get dressed up to shoot.

silver camera cufflinks

Camera Dial Cufflinks: These are equally as fun and slightly more casual cufflinks for the male photographer.

camera dial cufflinks for photographers

Cell Photo Wide Angle Lens, Fish Eye, Telephoto and Macro Lenses: You know you want more flexibility when you are on the go.  These cell phone lens attachments are super fun, creative and make a great gift.

cell phone wide angle lens

Vintage Camera Bookends: These are just sweet! I would love something like this for my office.  Hint, hint… And while on the topic, I have always wanted an old fashion vintage camera to display.   Lots of these on eBay.

vintage camera bookends

The Gift of Time!: The most valuable thing I can think of is time.  We never have enough of it.  Autoloader is a program that works inside Photoshop CS3, CS4, or CS5, and I use it to batch edit my images. You have to use it to truly understand.  But it is a great gift for any Photoshop enthusiast who spends too much time editing! See a video tutorial of how it works and how I use it.

autoloader for photoshop

Wooden Digital Frame: You take beautiful pictures.  Why not display them in a digital picture frame?

digital picture frame

Photo-opoly: This gift can go both ways.  Buy it for a photographer OR photographers, you can buy it, fill it in and give it as a completed game to your friends and family. If you love Monopoly, you will cherish this even more.

monopoly for photographers

Understanding Exposure: This classic book by author Bryan Petersen is a MUST HAVE introduction to photography.  If you have a new photographer on your holiday shopping list (or if you are one), you need this book!

Understanding Exposure book by Bryan Petersen

Personal GPS Location Finder: As a photographer, do you ever wander from place to place, only to realize you are lost?  Bushnell’s personal GPS location finder will help you find your way back to where you started.  So now you can roam wherever you want, check out new locations, and find new areas to shoot…and still make it back.

GPS tracker and location finder for photographers

And lastly … this one does not cost you anything!  Our free Photoshop actions and Lightroom presets. Enjoy!

resize and sharpen for facebook

4 Ways to Compete With Mall and Discount Photography Studio Prices
Win Canon or Nikon Lens Mugs from Photojojo

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jodi Friedman, Jodi Friedman, Lisa Love , Jerry Roek, Cindy Utterback and others. Cindy Utterback said: RT @mcpactions: Top 20+ Holiday Gift Ideas for Photographers for $50 or Less http://goo.gl/fb/7BxiR #photog #announcements […]

2. December 1, 2010 at 10:08 am — Reply

Great post! Entertaining and helpful!

3. December 1, 2010 at 10:29 am — Reply

OMG…I have a photographer in my life and was seriously just yesterday, wondering what to get him for the holidays! Thank you so much for all the great ideas! :D:D:D

4. kate
    December 1, 2010 at 10:30 am — Reply

Love it all, but the necklace is ADORABLE!

5. December 1, 2010 at 10:49 am — Reply

Fun ideas. I love the lens mug, I want the canon one for sure. I already emailed 3 people for a gift idea. LOL 🙂

6. Susan
    December 1, 2010 at 11:35 am — Reply

Oh Jody – what great ideas! I found at least 5 that I want! And I ordered the lens bracelets for myself and as a gift to my young photographer (teen daughter) who is studying photography at school – she is going to love this!

7. December 1, 2010 at 12:13 pm — Reply

Great list! There are several things on this list that I’d love to have!

8. Nicole
    December 1, 2010 at 12:17 pm — Reply

Oh my! It’s impossible to pick a favorite! I’ll be including quite a few of these on my list for Santa.

9. Beth
    December 1, 2010 at 12:53 pm — Reply

I love the Nikon coffee mug!!

10. December 1, 2010 at 1:11 pm — Reply

These are some great ideas! I would love to get a camera necklace. I can vouch for the CM’s membership as a great gift. I’m a member and it is a wonderful community of both beginner and advanced photography enthusiasts!

11. December 1, 2010 at 4:26 pm — Reply

Love the Canon mug!

12. Pam L.
    December 1, 2010 at 6:41 pm — Reply

What a great list of goodies! I actually have those Vintage camera bookends, holding photography books of course. Would love to get the Photopoly game, and the bracelets, and the mugs…….why did I tell my kids I didn’t want anything?????
    Thanks for putting this together Jodi.

13. December 2, 2010 at 1:03 am — Reply

Love so many of these! The one thing that is on my wish list is the camera flash drive from photojojo…I have one, but want more!

14. December 2, 2010 at 1:17 am — Reply

It’s a toss up between the lens mug (Canon, of course) and the Mod strap. Too stinkin’ cute. Do they customize??

15. December 2, 2010 at 11:25 am — Reply

I just love the lens mugs.. Have to have them!!!

16. Shauna L.
    December 6, 2010 at 12:24 am — Reply

oh how mu husband will not like that I have added about twenty more things to my wish list! LOL but thanks for all the wonderful things to add!

17. […] The winners of the Canon Lens Mug or Nikon Lens Mugs are listed below. Make sure to check them out.  Also, if you thought these were cool, check out the top 20 hottest gifts for photographers under $50. […]

18. December 7, 2010 at 5:14 am — Reply

I loved this list so much I had to share it with my readers on my blog today 🙂 I should never be allowed to go on Photojojo’s site though…oh my gawd — they have the coolest, neatest, cutest photog stuff EVER! 🙂

19. […] Top 20 hottest gift ideas for photographers under $50 Well just in case you are still shopping for that photographer on your list, here is a good compilation of stuff they might enjoy unwrapping. […]

20. […] Vintage Camera Bookends (via MCP Actions) […]

21. December 14, 2010 at 12:38 am — Reply

[…] Top 20 Hottest Holiday Gift Ideas for Photographers for $50 or Less […]

22. December 26, 2010 at 7:02 pm — Reply

Just missed the holiday, but I came across a great little product for people who own a DSLR camera. A reflective bounce card that mounts to your camera’s pop-up flash, called the Zeh Bounce. Much better photo’s are the outcome when shooting indoors. $9.99 at B&H. I think Zeh Bounce has a site too.

23. Nikkii
    July 11, 2011 at 10:50 am — Reply

07/11/2011

While searching for gifts to give to a professional photgrapgers friend I came across the Canon Lens Mug or Nikon Lens Mug. Please share with me where I can purchase these items, he will love it!

24. October 24, 2011 at 6:13 pm — Reply

This is definitely a great list — I especially love the lens mugs and the phone camera lens attachments. My best friend got a USB flash drive shaped like a Nikon, with the lens detachable and reveals the USB. 😀

25. November 24, 2011 at 10:04 am — Reply

hello!,I really like your writing so a lot! share we be in contact extra about your article on AOL? I require an expert in this space to solve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look ahead to see you.

26. November 29, 2011 at 4:25 pm — Reply

i just got some camera earrings as a gift this past weekend 🙂 i love your gift ideas!http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=307765229241183&set=a.138320902852284.19406.137181956299512&type=1&theater

27. Sunni
    November 29, 2011 at 10:24 pm — Reply

Loved this. Unique and cool gifts (some made me chuckle!) Love the Lens mug! And what about those focusing rings? Too cool! And, of course, the free Facebook Fix Photoshop actions! (who didn’t ♥♥♥ these) Thanks for sharing, Jodi!

28. December 5, 2011 at 10:46 am — Reply

Awesome! Thanks Jodi.

29. December 9, 2011 at 11:11 am — Reply

Such great ideas. Absolutely love the Photo-opoly. Thanks for sharing!!

30. December 10, 2011 at 6:23 pm — Reply

In regards to the lens bracelets:
    Adam Elmakia

He’s the actual creator of the original Lens Bracelet. He started the entire thing and now other companies are copying his idea. I think the real lens bracelet website should be advertised, not PhotoJoJo. It’s just like when fauxtographers swoop in with their low prices and take our clients. Regardless of the quality, it’s not a nice feeling. Adam Elmakias is not just an amazing photographer, but a great young business man.
    PLUS his range of bracelets is a LOT better.
    Whether PhotoJoJO have sponsered this or not, it’s not right to feature them over Adam.

• December 10, 2011 at 9:36 pm — Reply

Hannah, I am a HUGE fan of originals. And not of copycats. I just looked on his site (stores section) and it lists PhotoJojo as a reseller. So I am not sure why you feel they are copying his if they are listed as a store that sells his product. But thank you for being concerned in case they were…

Jodi

• December 10, 2011 at 9:38 pm — Reply

Also – on Photojojo’s site it says: Designed by Adam Elmakias

31. Cristina Lee
    December 10, 2011 at 10:50 pm — Reply

Thanks for the post. I love the straps!!

32. Carolyn
    October 16, 2012 at 3:15 am — Reply

great ideas, thanks for the help

33. […] Click here to view original web page atmcpactions.com […]